Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-01-2018, 08:26 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Over here, younger people in the service industries seemed to have moved on from "No Problem" to "No Worries".

I always thought this was an Australian thing from 20 years ago (Crocodile Dundee and all that), but seems to have caught on here recently.

Either that or they think I'm Australian, which is not unusual, and are trying to be clever.
Old 14-01-2018, 08:27 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Yes you are asking if a task is possible. Saying ‘can I have’ with the use of the word ‘can’ is a polite question which could be potentially be turn down. Where as ‘get’ to me sounds more like a demand, or to me sounds like you should be getting it yourself. Yes and it is an Americanism, something Im saying I have no shame of disliking who English people speak. As for ‘May I have’ yes maybe Im irritating a more grumpy bastard than me somewhere when I say ‘can I have’.

I imagine alot of you say it because it is a very popular way of asking for something now. I actually notice when someone says ‘can I have’, like the odd individual not looking on their phone on a train among the people endlessle scrolling meaningless content, I admire them.
Neither is 'correct' if you're going to examine it so closely, so it's odd to be a) so authoritarian about it and b) so outraged that you want to smash them about the head and c) that 'Americanisms' outrage you to the same point - it all seems to indicate some deeper issues!
Old 14-01-2018, 09:35 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Neither is 'correct' if you're going to examine it so closely, so it's odd to be a) so authoritarian about it and b) so outraged that you want to smash them about the head and c) that 'Americanisms' outrage you to the same point - it all seems to indicate some deeper issues!
People who over-analyse the things that annoy me
Old 14-01-2018, 09:37 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Forgetting to put a smilie at the end of a post (or message), then worrying about whether the target audience will misinterpret the tone.
Old 14-01-2018, 09:38 PM
hey, its just an opinion

Holidaying with other people.
Old 14-01-2018, 09:38 PM
hey, its just an opinion

Other people.
Old 14-01-2018, 09:42 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Roy calling Dougie, Doug Freedman. Don’t know why but it does. Never been known as Doug in his pro career. Love Roy though....apart from that
Old 14-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Roy calling Dougie, Doug Freedman. Don’t know why but it does. Never been known as Doug in his pro career. Love Roy though....apart from that

Should have called him Bertie.
Old 15-01-2018, 08:05 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Should have called him Bertie.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 15-01-2018, 08:25 AM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Over here, younger people in the service industries seemed to have moved on from "No Problem" to "No Worries".

I always thought this was an Australian thing from 20 years ago (Crocodile Dundee and all that), but seems to have caught on here recently.

Either that or they think I'm Australian, which is not unusual, and are trying to be clever.
Do they still say, "You're welcome" every 30 seconds?
Old 15-01-2018, 09:58 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
This feckin cold I’ve had for a week and especially the accompanying cough/retch which has exacerbated my hitherto benign groinal hernia. Which is now giving me some serious gyp.

I’d rather be at work. Being at home on your own coughing your lungs up ain’t fun. Even the cat has fecked off outside for some peace and quiet
Old 15-01-2018, 10:09 AM
Two Margarines on the Go

Ron Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Dodgers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lending Stream ad voiceover pronouncing Stream and Streaming as Shtream and Shtreaming.

Perhaps the idea is to draw attention away from the 1325% APR. Which they call One Three Two Five percent in an attempt to make it sound less horrendous than way over one thousand percent.
Old 15-01-2018, 10:13 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
This feckin cold I’ve had for a week and especially the accompanying cough/retch which has exacerbated my hitherto benign groinal hernia. Which is now giving me some serious gyp.

I’d rather be at work. Being at home on your own coughing your lungs up ain’t fun. Even the cat has fecked off outside for some peace and quiet
Poor Shoppy

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 15-01-2018, 10:15 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dodgers View Post
Lending Stream ad voiceover pronouncing Stream and Streaming as Shtream and Shtreaming.

Perhaps the idea is to draw attention away from the 1325% APR. Which they call One Three Two Five percent in an attempt to make it sound less horrendous than way over one thousand percent.
Voice-over work for Sean Connery?
Old 15-01-2018, 10:26 AM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH View Post
Had some move in
Yep, Cranfield Park road, building with no planning permission, the council tried to get them to stop and the high court over ruled the council. Now there is a another lot moving in at Runwell too.
Sorry for all you many non essex residents who this means nothing too.
Old 15-01-2018, 10:44 AM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallet View Post
Yep, Cranfield Park road, building with no planning permission, the council tried to get them to stop and the high court over ruled the council. Now there is a another lot moving in at Runwell too.
Sorry for all you many non essex residents who this means nothing too.
Due to build a legal camp round the corner in Pound Lane,they won't use it.Feel sorry for Wickford with the increase in the camp there(Hooverfield) and I see Oak Lane is filling up again after the council spent millions getting them out.Until the law changes they will continue to take the piss,and Essex has a lot of em
Old 15-01-2018, 11:04 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Poor Shoppy
Old 15-01-2018, 11:09 AM
Scrambled Egg

Son of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Guilty.
Had to do a day into London on the train(motorbike being serviced)before christmas,i really couldn't do it every day.Feck know's how people do it,it must be sole destroying
Yep. I wore out two pairs of shoes last year
Old 15-01-2018, 11:54 AM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Due to build a legal camp round the corner in Pound Lane,they won't use it.Feel sorry for Wickford with the increase in the camp there(Hooverfield) and I see Oak Lane is filling up again after the council spent millions getting them out.Until the law changes they will continue to take the piss,and Essex has a lot of em
Your right, Cambridge seem to suffer badly too. Still as long as we respect their cultural rights.
Old 15-01-2018, 12:28 PM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallet View Post
Your right, Cambridge seem to suffer badly too. Still as long as we respect their cultural rights.
Feck there rights,live like us when there's something in it for them.
Feckin travellers my arse
Still,should get entertaining with the not guilty verdicts of the two at the M25 services and the family feud that ended in murder at Wickford.Squealing like pigs to the old bill