Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 08-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally posted by stevek
Try reading what you've written - you did post about motorists.
No ; I posted about car drivers' law.

This is a thread about cyclist scum.

Nice attempt to Stevejack though. Although not entirely appropriate.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 08-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
No ; I posted about car drivers' law.

This is a thread about cyclist scum.

Nice attempt to Stevejack though. Although not entirely appropriate.
Not a stevejack at all, Maz. You talked about a charge for 'motorists' and a charge for 'cyclist scum'. Spot the difference?

As for the real issue - I have already posted my view. If the case if proven, then this man's actions were appalling. But that no more makes all cyclist 'scum' than all bus passengers 'scum' because one murdered someone once.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 08-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Not a stevejack at all, Maz. You talked about a charge for 'motorists' and a charge for 'cyclist scum'. Spot the difference?
Yes.

One can be charged with manslaughter but we don't know if the latter can.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 08-07-2008, 03:52 PM
handwringing islamofacist

Clapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Shoreditch CPFC
oh dear, are you still trying to be controversial?
Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
You may find it a laughing matter, but I don't.

But I might have expected you to ignore the story in favour of a personal attack.

Not even a tiny bit embarassed by your gags?

Walter Benjamin
Semper Idem

Now here is a case from earlier this year.

A speeding driver who was sending a text message when she hit and killed a teenage cyclist was today jailed for four years.

Hotel manager Kiera Coultas, 25, was replying to a message on her mobile phone when she hit scaffolder Jordan Wickington, 19.

The teenager, who was not wearing a cycle helmet, stopped at the traffic lights momentarily and went through them on red.

Apart from showing our cyclist chums (I hope) the perils of going through red lights (as if they need to be told), it also shows that car drivers are subject (rightly imo) to punitive law.

Let's hope that - if guilty - this particular cyclist scum gets jail, not a fine. Anything else would not be justice.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
There was no gag

You seem to want to think it's OK for cyclist scum to kill someone.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
Yes.

No, one can be charged with 'causing death by dangerous driving'. I suspect either can be charged with manslaughter (in fact - if either can't, it's more likely to be the motorist on the basis there is a different specific offence).

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:10 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
Yes.

what was the charge that the cyclist who killed someone while riding on the pavement was facing before being let off on mental health issues. Trial around christmas last year ?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:13 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Maz

A speeding driver who was sending a text message when she hit and killed a teenage cyclist was today jailed for four years.

Hotel manager Kiera Coultas, 25, was replying to a message on her mobile phone when she hit scaffolder Jordan Wickington, 19.

The teenager, who was not wearing a cycle helmet, stopped at the traffic lights momentarily and went through them on red.

Apart from showing our cyclist chums (I hope) the perils of going through red lights (as if they need to be told), it also shows that car drivers are subject (rightly imo) to punitive law.

Let's hope that - if guilty - this particular cyclist scum gets jail, not a fine. Anything else would not be justice.
doesnt it say he was killed ?

The cyclist jumping red lights is wrong, but it doesnt excuse a driver reading text messages while driving a motorized 2 tonne lump of steel.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Maz

One of the few cases where a driver is actually punished for killing someone.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wonder if the driver would've been killed if the situation were reversed? No, thought not.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by anti-addick
I wonder if the driver would've been killed if the situation were reversed? No, thought not.
That's not the point. Just because cars kill thousands every year doesn't mean we should get away from the main point that a cyclist has actually killed one person, the f ucking c unt. Mental illness my @rse.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:30 PM
handwringing islamofacist

Clapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by kolinkins
There was no gag

You seem to want to think it's OK for cyclist scum to kill someone.

Pathetic comment.

Walter Benjamin
Old 08-07-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thefox
what was the charge that the cyclist who killed someone while riding on the pavement was facing before being let off on mental health issues. Trial around christmas last year ?
Quote:
Originally posted by Selhurst Celtic
I can't find any link to it. A desperate search on the Super Soaraway Sun had this:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

but that's an old case where it seems the fella was charged with 'wanton or furious cycling'(?)

I assume there'll be more on the recent case over the coming days.
the same on i think . I mentioned it months ago , but no one picked up on it . It looks like a lot of internet searching has been done by someone to make a point and heap all cyclists in the same basket.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by thefox
the same on i think . I mentioned it months ago , but no one picked up on it . It looks like a lot of internet searching has been done by someone to make a point and heap all cyclists in the same basket.
Or saddlebag.
This place is full of utter loonies. Best ignore them.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:53 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally posted by Golf Boy
One of the few cases where a driver is actually punished for killing someone.
Actually that's not true. It's so far from the truth that it shows you are willing to post lies in order to further your point, which is sad.

As Steve said there is a very specific motoring offence (in the UK) - 'causing death by dangerous driving'.

Meanwhile if a cyclist kills someone no such charge can be applied.

The father of a 17-year-old girl who was fatally injured in a collision with a cyclist has said it is "laughable" the man has only been fined.

Mick Bennett said Jason Howard should have faced manslaughter charges and been jailed for several years over Rhiannon Bennett's death in April 2007.

Howard was an "arrogant and vile little man", Mr Bennett said outside court.

Howard, 36, of Buckingham, was fined £2,200 on Tuesday after being convicted of dangerous cycling in the town.

The law needs changing urgently.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-07-2008, 08:09 AM
Borderline lunacy

I really don't understand why it needs a different charge and why manslaughter couldn't be applied (same for death by dangerous driving, really).

Old 09-07-2008, 08:14 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
I really don't understand why it needs a different charge and why manslaughter couldn't be applied (same for death by dangerous driving, really).
I presume that the nature of the offence is too different, but confess that I don't know.

Our law currently states for the motoring offence a person is to be regarded as driving dangerously if the standard of driving falls far below what would be expected of a competent and careful driver and it would be obvious to a competent and careful driver that driving in that way would be dangerous..

You can see simply from the framing of the words (and this is a summary) that this is a very different thing to manslaughter. We need a similar law for cycling dangerously.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
I'm a cyclist, but people who cycle on pavements or treat pedestrians or other road users as people who are an irritating obstruction really make me angry.
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009
Old 09-07-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
Actually that's not true. It's so far from the truth that it shows you are willing to post lies in order to further your point, which is sad.

[/i]

The law needs changing urgently.
Really. I was reading recently that there are times when a motorist is in court for a violation when the presiding judge is unaware that someone has actually been killed in the incident as it is not relevent to the violation.

I agree that people should be accountable for their actions -- the change in the law of course must include people running on pavements who may knock someone over.