Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 22-08-2006, 08:09 AM
TEB & FYP Editor

jazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As a cyclist I can't understand those who don't adhere to the highway code. If I reach a red light, I stop. The same as if I were driving. Luckily most of my route to work is cycle lane but the most irratating thing from my point of view is people who don't understand that it is a cycle lane and walk in it and moan when you almost cycle into them. Agree that most cyclists are a-holes to be honest. A couple of months back experienced verbal abuse from a cyclist coming the other direction in the cycle lane as I was on the wrong side, going round a corner under a bridge ....... Some people just need to calm down !!!
Old 22-08-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Wow shocking, half a ton of metal is more lethal than a bike.
so why the witch hunt? I can't believe cyclists are as dangerous as they are made out to be here.
Old 22-08-2006, 08:16 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Blind_Eagle
Which bit of "I shall be adopting the 'rear wheel kick' solution mentioned earlier every time I have to jump out of the way of some jerk on a bike." don't you understand?
I can't recall ever having to jump out of the way of a bike.
Old 22-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Sick Bucket
What is a crock of sh1t? You say a minority of idiotic and dangerous cyclist so we need cyclist ID so in other words the majority has to suffer, were you in favour of Thatchers ID cards for football fans to sort out a minority of hooligans then?

I've never been anywhere more obsessed with cars than England, sorry not true I've been to the states once. People generally love to hate in England, if your from Stoke you hate the other side of stoke, (Port Vale), collectively everyone in Stoke hates Wolverhampton, but the midlands will all hate the south, England hate Scotland but collectively the UK hates all things foreign. Most people hate students, except nowadays most young people are students so I guess that's changing, most people hate hippies and so it goes on. Why do you live in Spain? isn't it partly to get away from all this nanny state bullsh!t and the lack of freedom, you can't fart in England without somebody giving you a ticket or capturing it on cctv. What do you care if cyclist drive badly, you drive a lorry don't you? if one bounces off the front of the truck I'm sure you'll be fine.
Another crock of shit.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 22-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
I was sitting at red lights in New Cross this morning and a cyclist drew up next to me whilst he was sitting there 5 other bikes zoomed past against the red light, the fella next to me on the push bike shouted at them. I commute most days from Orpington to the city on my motorbike I would say that I see more cyclists ignore the red lights than adhere to them yet if you speak to cyclists most say that they would never jump a red light !

Cycle lanes if put in correctly like Holland is a great idea but the current ones with litter, parked cars and bus stops in them are just pointless !
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 22-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by redandblue
I was sitting at red lights in New Cross this morning and a cyclist drew up next to me whilst he was sitting there 5 other bikes zoomed past against the red light, the fella next to me on the push bike shouted at them. I commute most days from Orpington to the city on my motorbike I would say that I see more cyclists ignore the red lights than adhere to them yet if you speak to cyclists most say that they would never jump a red light !

Cycle lanes if put in correctly like Holland is a great idea but the current ones with litter, parked cars and bus stops in them are just pointless !
I confess to cycling through red lights if it is clear and safe to do so - on my bike I treat red lights as give way signs. Much as, as a pedestrian, I don't wait for the green man at crossings if it's clear.

Right - let the abuse start....

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 22-08-2006, 02:30 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by stevek
I confess to cycling through red lights if it is clear and safe to do so - on my bike I treat red lights as give way signs. Much as, as a pedestrian, I don't wait for the green man at crossings if it's clear.

Can I assume that you don't have a problem with me ignoring speeding limits, then ? Or evading taxes ? Or chucking my rubbish on the streets ? etc. etc.
Old 22-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard
Can I assume that you don't have a problem with me ignoring speeding limits, then ? Or evading taxes ? Or chucking my rubbish on the streets ? etc. etc.
All of those things affect other people. Me riding through a red light when it's clear does not.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 22-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Is it ok if i do that in my 30 ton lorry next time I'm in England?

Old 22-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Is it ok if i do that in my 30 ton lorry next time I'm in England?
No. And I wouldn't do it in my car, either.

Old 22-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
No. And I wouldn't do it in my car, either.
So why is doing it on your bike any different?

Old 22-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
So why is doing it on your bike any different?
Because it's less of a dangerous weapon, takes up less space, and because the road signals are basically designed to manage vehicular traffic rather than bicycles.

Old 22-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
Because it's less of a dangerous weapon, takes up less space, and because the road signals are basically designed to manage vehicular traffic rather than bicycles.
So it'd be ok to do it on a motorbike then?

Old 22-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
So it'd be ok to do it on a motorbike then?
No - a motorbike is more lethal than a pedal cycle. I trust you never cross a pedestrian crossing when the red man is showing?

Old 22-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
No - a motorbike is more lethal than a pedal cycle. I trust you never cross a pedestrian crossing when the red man is showing?
Nope, too many loonies around. I always use a subway or footbridge when available.

What if I switched the motorbike off and wheeled it through the red light at a "safe speed", started it up again and then rode off, would that be ok then?

Old 22-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Someone who was

Eric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yeh. Ban all cycles and make everyone drive to work. Preferably in a 4x4 that takes up all the road and does 12 mpg. Make sure it stuffs loads more greenhouse gas into the London air too...there's not enough smog in London.
When there's more smog the cyclists can return.
And while you're at it paint over those lines 9" from the kerb called cycle lanes. They are a safe and efficient means of protecting those nasty cyclists from us van and lorry drivers who park in them anyway, or on the pavement. Cyclists never use them so get rid of 'em.
While we're at it, lets ban running too. Bloody people running on the pavement, how dare they.....trying to stay fit and lessen the burden on the NHS. Ridiculous behaviour.
Old 22-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

And if I did it would be ok because I'm less of a dangerous weapon, take up less space, and because the road signals are basically designed to manage at risk traffic rather than us sprightly and healthy types.

Old 22-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric the Ginga
Yeh. Ban all cycles and make everyone drive to work. Preferably in a 4x4 that takes up all the road and does 12 mpg. Make sure it stuffs loads more greenhouse gas into the London air too...there's not enough smog in London.
When there's more smog the cyclists can return.
And while you're at it paint over those lines 9" from the kerb called cycle lanes. They are a safe and efficient means of protecting those nasty cyclists from us van and lorry drivers who park in them anyway, or on the pavement. Cyclists never use them so get rid of 'em.
While we're at it, lets ban running too. Bloody people running on the pavement, how dare they.....trying to stay fit and lessen the burden on the NHS. Ridiculous behaviour.
Who's saying ban all cyclists and jump into 4x4's? Can your mind only handle extremes?

Old 22-08-2006, 03:04 PM
Someone who was

Eric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What extremes? the Gas em like badgers extremes on page 1?
Old 22-08-2006, 03:04 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Eric the Ginga
What extremes? the Gas em like badgers extremes on page 1?
That was a joke. I don't really want to gas stevek.