Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-10-2017, 07:20 PM

Sidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSidney Kickit : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Within the space of 45 minutes today I encountered 4 scummy cyclists. The first insisted on riding on the road on a stretch which has been modified to provide a specific wide pavement based cycle path with the road accordingly narrowed and speed bumped to slow down motorists. Result ? No cars could over take because of the speed bumps and lack of space. Tosser.
The next 3 cyclists were ALL riding on the pavement (not shared cycle spaces) with no lights after dark with complete disregard for pedestrians. I know there are plenty of motorists who treat cyclists with contempt but I also know cyclists increasingly think they have no responsibility to any other road / pavement users.
Old 18-06-2018, 02:27 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Old 18-06-2018, 02:29 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Kickit View Post
The next 3 cyclists were ALL riding on the pavement (not shared cycle spaces) with no lights after dark with complete disregard for pedestrians
You might spontaneously combust if you ever visit Berlin then....

SaulAlinsky
Old 18-06-2018, 02:33 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
WTF were the cyclists doing here? To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-06-2018, 02:42 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
WTF were the cyclists doing here? To view the link you have to Register or Login
Thatís the video I tried to post a few moments ago. Iíd have gone ape if that was me out hacking. The idiots undertaking that horse should be proscecuted.
Old 18-06-2018, 02:48 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Thatís the video I tried to post a few moments ago. Iíd have gone ape if that was me out hacking. The idiots undertaking that horse should be proscecuted.
Reading the FB thread there was a race that had not been particularly well signposted.

No excuse of course.
Old 18-06-2018, 02:53 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Reading the FB thread there was a race that had not been particularly well signposted.

No excuse of course.
should have been at Lingfield?
Old 18-06-2018, 05:08 PM
O'Skinty to you

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Forgot about this thread, just bought a new bike, last week, a To view the link you have to Register or Login

You know you want one.

Brexit countdown.
Old 18-06-2018, 11:03 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Within the space of 45 minutes today I encountered 4 scummy cyclists. The first insisted on riding on the road on a stretch which has been modified to provide a specific wide pavement based cycle path with the road accordingly narrowed and speed bumped to slow down motorists. Result ? No cars could over take because of the speed bumps and lack of space. Tosser.
The next 3 cyclists were ALL riding on the pavement (not shared cycle spaces) with no lights after dark with complete disregard for pedestrians. I know there are plenty of motorists who treat cyclists with contempt but I also know cyclists increasingly think they have no responsibility to any other road / pavement users.
Plenty of shitty people about, on bikes, in cars, on foot and even on the internet. Without doubt.
Old 19-06-2018, 05:52 AM
O'Skinty to you

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
That's rather a strange compliant, the problem with the wide pavements is that they are useless for anyone travelling at speed and they also continue to lose the right of way at every entrance, frankly they are pretty useless for anyone that's doing any speed. Then there's the other problem that pedestrians have no awareness of cyclists on them. What we need is cycling lanes such as they have in Holland, separate to the pavement and cars can't park in them.

As for the 3 on the pavement, I do that sometimes. Outside of London and outside of town centres its not as though there's anyone on them. I suspect the killer mobility scooters are more of a genuine problem. I understand that in Japan its legal to cycle on the pavement at a low speed (no I can't be bothered to google it).

PS I know its an old post but I couldn't resist it.

Brexit countdown.

Last edited by Skintagain; 19-06-2018 at 05:54 AM.
Old 19-06-2018, 08:38 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:

No excuse of course.
No excuse at all. The race organisers have been quick to condemn and said they will ban the culprits from future events.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 19-06-2018, 08:40 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Forgot about this thread, just bought a new bike, last week, a To view the link you have to Register or Login

You know you want one.
wrong thread unless you are a cyclist who cycles in a scummy way...

SaulAlinsky
Old 19-06-2018, 09:49 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
. I understand that in Japan its legal to cycle on the pavement at a low speed (no I can't be bothered to google it).
Itís a shame that you couldnít be bothered to google it, because if you had you would have discovered, as in so many things that you post, that you are To view the link you have to Register or Login

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 19-06-2018, 10:37 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
No excuse at all. The race organisers have been quick to condemn and said they will ban the culprits from future events.
Indeed.

I really was just further pointing out that the horse and cart rider would probably have not gone down that road if she'd known. Race organisers should have been more careful to ensure it was known about.
Old 19-06-2018, 10:41 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Indeed.

I really was just further pointing out that the horse and cart rider would probably have not gone down that road if she'd known. Race organisers should have been more careful to ensure it was known about.
Yes - I agree. Though given all we've seen is the video, it's difficult to be sure how well the event was publicised/signposted etc (and, indeed, what advice was given to competitors - though they should surely have know undertaking a horse at speed was never going to be acceptable).

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 19-06-2018, 10:49 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
hey should surely have know undertaking a horse at speed
Or overtaking at speed really and particularly without leaving a large gap.
Old 19-06-2018, 10:49 AM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Or overtaking at speed really and particularly without leaving a large gap.
Yes - absolutely.

Old 19-06-2018, 12:09 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Its a bit low.....scummish really
Old 19-06-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Its a bit low.....scummish really
their actions were lower than scummish more ******* really.

SaulAlinsky
Old 19-06-2018, 01:49 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
their actions were lower than scummish more ******* really.
Im awaiting the old "but horses do it to us" excuse.