Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 25-03-2015, 07:34 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Loved the way Brian Moore gave away the Br*ghton score halfway through the Palace commentary! These days during MOTD they keep up the pretence that some viewers might not know the other scores!
It made no difference back then as they only showed highlights from one game per ITV region anyway so am I right to assume the Brighton game had no TV cameras at it?
Old 25-03-2015, 07:42 AM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
They showed the highlights from Brighton's match after our match. But yes 1 per region Brighton's was south region
Old 25-03-2015, 09:04 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
It made no difference back then as they only showed highlights from one game per ITV region anyway so am I right to assume the Brighton game had no TV cameras at it?
The show had the highlights of Palace, Br*ghton and Sunderland. Brighton on after the Palace highlights. Would have been filmed by Southern TV I assume
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 25-03-2015, 09:16 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
The show had the highlights of Palace, Br*ghton and Sunderland. Brighton on after the Palace highlights. Would have been filmed by Southern TV I assume
Brian Moore should have been sacked then (despite being the best football commentator ever!)
Old 25-03-2015, 10:21 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
The 1978/79 season was a memorable one (apart from us not scoring many goals) and the end of season particularly dramatic. It's always a pleasure to see and hear Horton and Mullery trying not to sound too cocky, though sad to see Roker Park and the Goldstone before they were laid waste by developers, the former a great old stadium.

And then there was the Burnley game
Old 25-03-2015, 11:00 AM
Banned by Moderators

SuperSub has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuperSub has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuperSub has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuperSub has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuperSub has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuperSub has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuperSub has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuperSub has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuperSub has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuperSub has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSuperSub has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
I met Brian Moore and his wife in the late 90's. What a nice couple they were.
Old 25-03-2015, 01:33 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Is there any footage of the home game against Fulham 1978-79 season, it was on The Big Match, I had it on VHS. Particularly strange game as not only was it one of only two home games lost that season (and only two away) but the ref blew for time minutes early and the players came back out after a while and played the last minutes in front of a half empty stadium. I stayed to watch but can't remember why I did stay and knew they would be back out. I can't remember there being any announcement but probably was. The cameras caught hundred streaming down Whitehorse Road and all looking back wondering what was going on! Still couldn't equalise though.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 25-03-2015, 07:29 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
Is there any footage of the home game against Fulham 1978-79 season, it was on The Big Match, I had it on VHS. Particularly strange game as not only was it one of only two home games lost that season (and only two away) but the ref blew for time minutes early and the players came back out after a while and played the last minutes in front of a half empty stadium. I stayed to watch but can't remember why I did stay and knew they would be back out. I can't remember there being any announcement but probably was. The cameras caught hundred streaming down Whitehorse Road and all looking back wondering what was going on! Still couldn't equalise though.
I was at that game too...it was the first home defeat of the season.
Old 25-03-2015, 07:34 PM
Former Chairman

Uncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just watched the Palace vs Notts County game. Great to see that Vince Hilaire was every bit as good as I remembered!
Anyone know why The Goldstone had fences up by 1979? I don't remember them and thought they went up early 80s?
Old 25-03-2015, 07:39 PM

jonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
I was there as a 15yr old and got on tv as the players came back out.loved to see it again.
Old 25-03-2015, 10:44 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ron View Post
Just watched the Palace vs Notts County game. Great to see that Vince Hilaire was every bit as good as I remembered!
Anyone know why The Goldstone had fences up by 1979? I don't remember them and thought they went up early 80s?
Sansom at times was moving into central midfield and overlapping a lot. He was one hell of a player
Old 25-03-2015, 11:16 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan cola View Post
Watching now on itv4 see that palace were 2nd behind Brighton
People forget that there was television back then
Old 26-03-2015, 04:59 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonn63 View Post
I was there as a 15yr old and got on tv as the players came back out.loved to see it again.
I was 15 then as well. You old bastard.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 27-03-2015, 04:33 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSub View Post
How nice of you to Judge them in such a positive way.
Old 27-03-2015, 09:37 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
Bloody hell they were delusional and talking crap even back then!
Brian Horton "Well if we go to Newcastle and beat them we are champions"
Not quite Brian
Thick ****.

Horton, not you Gav.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 27-03-2015, 09:56 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Muntz View Post
Thick ****.

Horton, not you Gav.
And a right nasty bastard of a player too
Old 30-03-2015, 03:02 PM
ár lá

I know it's on You Tube and I've seen it 458 times but they've been showing every week of the 1978/79 season, then when it came to the biggest game of the final weekend they showed Wrexham v Sunderland with Sunderland only relying on other scores even if they won.

It struck me though how much money these regional channels had when Brian Moore in London on The Big Match had a reasonable set with a phone and in-built microphone on his desk, whereas Elton Welsby sat in front of a poorly lit shit back drop and even had a shit name for their programme and a rubbish tune.

The Kick Off Match? Bollocks.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 05-07-2017, 02:35 PM

bestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
BTSport2 showing our 76/77 visit to the gallstone on Monday July 10th at 17:30. Memories for us old gits or a catch up on history for the younger element.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:42 PM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSub View Post
Dogging?
Old 05-07-2017, 02:43 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Now set to record. And bestperch repped.