Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-12-2017, 08:57 PM

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by averity View Post
His value to us is far more than his value to others! For me and I can't believe I'm saying this, but if the options were new stand and lose zaha, rather have no new stand! And I really want that new stand! I also hope that once the new stand is built, they say to zaha, sign a new contract and we will build a statue of you! The man is a walking legend!
Absolutely! I've only seen one other player in my lifetime at Palace that made me feel something was going to happen every time he got the ball.
Old 16-12-2017, 09:00 PM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
I've seen 4 Wilf, Rogers, Taylor and Lombardo
Old 16-12-2017, 09:03 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
As others have said his importance rather than the £££ is priceless. There was a time when many of us sat here and said why don't more locals come to Selhurst? He is the big coup, the star attraction and there will be many kids around Selhurst/Thornton Heath etc playing out Wilf every day in the playground.

There will be many children in Croydon who will get approached by Palace in the coming years, and having someone like Wilf in your ranks, and the success he has built can be pivotal in swaying kids footballing choices. He will become a role model to many of these kids, one which they will not only relate too but also aspire to become.

It's also a great advert for the academy who in turn can enhance their brand around his success. Wilf's rise to stardom is there for all to see and he epitomises everything good about the club.
Old 16-12-2017, 10:05 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great ad for the academy without a doubt. But would Wilf of 8 years ago get a look in now? Would he be allowed to develop and that rawness improved whilst in the Prem?

No chance.
Old 16-12-2017, 10:06 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Pretty good player. Pretty, pretty good.
Old 16-12-2017, 10:07 PM

OLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was talking to my Watford mate before the game on Tuesday and said I hope he becomes our Le Tissier and stays with us the rest of his career.
Old 16-12-2017, 10:15 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
On a side note, hope we have already offered his son (Leo possibly) a lifetime contract already! Imagine learning of wilf everyday!
Old 16-12-2017, 10:18 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
Least if he is sold in summer now think a cheeky 30 million bid from arsenal and spurs are out the window now his prob around 50 mil mark now and we see some of the best of wilf bit like wright realy .
Seriously - 50M is not even close - in today's market he is worth so much more
Old 16-12-2017, 10:20 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Imagine the poor bastard who has to come in and replace him if he was ever sold based on that he may as well commit for life
Old 16-12-2017, 10:36 PM
Making it So

PT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannapaul View Post
Just enjoy it ..big big offers are coming
Yeah agreed - since he has been on dis ting Palace will need to do their best to keep him. Hope they can but don't expect miracles - after all this is football and not the normal world that most people live in.
Old 16-12-2017, 10:46 PM

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm61 View Post
I've seen 4 Wilf, Rogers, Taylor and Lombardo
Rogers and Taylor were great players. Lombardo was classy for the time and place but when Wilf is on the ball it's like the entire ground inhales.
Old 16-12-2017, 10:47 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
I couldn’t begrudge him moving to a big club. He’s just simply the best player we have ever had. Bidding starts at £100m
Old 16-12-2017, 10:56 PM
People are People

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Which big club though? I cannot see him going to Manchester or Liverpool. I can only see him staying in London which means Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal. Not sure he'd suit Chelsea, spurs are relative skin flints, so that only leaves Arsenal imho.
Old 16-12-2017, 11:04 PM

Palacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I canít see him leaving unless we get relegated. He is on big money at palace, he starts every week & heís idolised by us.
Old 16-12-2017, 11:15 PM
red and blue army

PalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
I couldn’t begrudge him moving to a big club. He’s just simply the best player we have ever had. Bidding starts at £100m
Joining a big club isn't always a great thing to do as Wilf knows only too well.
It can be a poisoned chalice and ruin your career. Even if you do well you'll only be one of a number of good players, never the legend that Wilf has made himself here.
You have to compete for your place in the side, you're constantly under threat from new star signings and the fans expect more and are more demanding.
The money can be better but he's on a good contract here and not many of the big sides could better it by that much.
People assume everyone wants to move to a big club at the first opportunity, i question why. At Palace Wilf has the license to thrill, he's adored and under no pressure, its a great challenge and thats why he signed the 5 year deal he's got.
Old 16-12-2017, 11:23 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Slightly off topic and Iím sure itís been asked but what Tattoo has Wilf got on his neck now?
Old 16-12-2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Slightly off topic and Iím sure itís been asked but what Tattoo has Wilf got on his neck now?
Think its his boys name "Leo"
Old 16-12-2017, 11:25 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
Think its his boys name "Leo"

Okay, cool - cheers Jasp.
Old 16-12-2017, 11:28 PM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well within the top 15 players in the premier league at this point.

When you think about the fees those players would go for as well as his age, as long as we don't do something stupid like getting relegated it's no stretch to assume his market value probably is in the £60m to £80m region atm.

Hope we stay up and just have one summer where we're not a complete shambles so we can give him a decent team to play with next year.
Old 16-12-2017, 11:28 PM

Rolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRolly49 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Was on fire today. What an absolute dream to watch