Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 26-09-2016, 10:45 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Single parents, at the time they move onto Jobseekers Allowance, get exactly the same support as anyone else (fortnightly appointments with, if you're lucky, a half-interested Jobcentre advisor).

Is it therefore barbaric to ask anyone to look for work?

Genuinely curious. Lord knows I'm happy to criticise the Jobcentre, but the policy (that single parents should have to actively start looking for 16 hours a week once their youngest is in full time education) seems fine to me.
Old 26-09-2016, 10:50 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
I am middle class, went a grammar school and then a boarding school.

Does the fact I now deliver take away food for a living let me off the hook for being so priviledged?

I ask I am a little paranoid that come the revolution I wil be amonst the first to be put up against the wall.

******* class war nonsense
Old 26-09-2016, 10:59 PM

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post

Does the fact I now deliver take away food for a living let me off the hook for being so priviledged?

I ask I am a little paranoid that come the revolution I wil be amonst the first to be put up against the wall.

I'll save you a spot next to me.

Ten minutes of me talking about religion and it won't seem so bad getting shot.
Old 26-09-2016, 11:32 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post

Old 26-09-2016, 11:48 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Single parents, at the time they move onto Jobseekers Allowance, get exactly the same support as anyone else (fortnightly appointments with, if you're lucky, a half-interested Jobcentre advisor).

Is it therefore barbaric to ask anyone to look for work?

Genuinely curious. Lord knows I'm happy to criticise the Jobcentre, but the policy (that single parents should have to actively start looking for 16 hours a week once their youngest is in full time education) seems fine to me.
Yes of course people with more needs, need more support. As said the hounding comments were about both single parents and people with disabilities. The new labour policy led straight in to the Tory policy. The misery and suicides have just escalated. Yes I think it's a barbaric policy. As was new labour shutting down Remploy factories.

Of course that doesn't mean it's barbaric to ask anyone to look for work you moronic guardinista ****wit.
Old 26-09-2016, 11:49 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:

You will be. Don't you worry about that. 62%
Old 26-09-2016, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
You will be don't. Don't you worry about that. 62%
ffs 61.8%
Old 27-09-2016, 06:03 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Save me a spot having to listen to a minute of a victorious CR would be about it for me actually make that 10 seconds
Old 27-09-2016, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Yes of course people with more needs, need more support. As said the hounding comments were about both single parents and people with disabilities. The new labour policy led straight in to the Tory policy. The misery and suicides have just escalated. Yes I think it's a barbaric policy. As was new labour shutting down Remploy factories.

Of course that doesn't mean it's barbaric to ask anyone to look for work you moronic guardinista ****wit.
You seem very keen to avoid answering a fairly simple question. You've said that expecting single parents to look for 16 hours work once their youngest is in full time education is barbaric, but I want to know at what point you would expect them to look for work.

Did you support the previous Tory policy of single parents staying on income support till their youngest was 14?
Old 27-09-2016, 06:57 AM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
I see Labour is quick out of the blocks in opposing free trade and proposing enormous borrowing.

Is John Lennon still Top Of The Pops?
Old 27-09-2016, 06:59 AM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thanks for the lecture you guardinista patronising middle class private school prick.
Get a grip.

Last edited by spt1978; 27-09-2016 at 07:12 AM.
Old 27-09-2016, 07:40 AM

Quote:
You seem very keen to avoid answering a fairly simple question. You've said that expecting single parents to look for 16 hours work once their youngest is in full time education is barbaric, but I want to know at what point you would expect them to look for work.

Did you support the previous Tory policy of single parents staying on income support till their youngest was 14?
This is typical you with your squirming around. The whole point of the hounding posts was about the reality of new labour and Tory policy. You ignored the impact on disabled people entirely and then go on your student debating path. It's pathetic.

The whole point is that benefits should not be withdrawn, support and job opportunities should be given and enough support given that enables those jobs to be taken. If you think that was the case with the new labour and Tory policies you're even more vile than I thought you were.
Old 27-09-2016, 07:53 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
With respect, you talk about squirming and you have still not answered the question !!

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 27-09-2016, 07:57 AM

Quote:
This is typical you with your squirming around. The whole point of the hounding posts was about the reality of new labour and Tory policy. You ignored the impact on disabled people entirely and then go on your student debating path. It's pathetic.

The whole point is that benefits should not be withdrawn, support and job opportunities should be given and enough support given that enables those jobs to be taken. If you think that was the case with the new labour and Tory policies you're even more vile than I thought you were.
I'm not remotely "squirming", I'm sticking to a single point, because experience has shown any wiggle room and you will use it to avoid answering.

I am very happy to talk about disability (I think incapacity benefit was monstrous), but not until you've given a straight answer on single parents.

You've said the New Labour policy to move single parents from income support to Jobseekers Allowance, and ask them to look for 16 hours work when their youngest child started full time education was barbaric.

All I want to know is what you think the point single parents should be expected to start actively looking for work should be. Why is that so hard for you to give a straight answer to? It's not a trick question.
Old 27-09-2016, 08:12 AM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post
I see Labour is quick out of the blocks in opposing free trade and proposing enormous borrowing.

Is John Lennon still Top Of The Pops?
Imagine there's no money. It's easy if you try.
Old 27-09-2016, 08:38 AM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
Cockney has given you the answer Heb - it depends on the level of support. A few pages back, SE25 gave real world illustration of the point, talking about his daughter who relies on the family for child care so she can work. Without that support, the state forcing her into work or cutting her benefits would be cruel to both her and the kids.

When Cooper brought in the harsher tests, it was part of New Labour trying to be tough on scroungers as ordered by the Mail and Sun, though there was more support available than now - classic Tory lite triangulation. Disability and mental health groups warned her of the disastrous consequences measured in hundreds, possibly thousands of deaths. No worries though eh, cos she's a moderate.
Old 27-09-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant with mouse gyp View Post
Cockney has given you the answer Heb - it depends on the level of support. A few pages back, SE25 gave real world illustration of the point, talking about his daughter who relies on the family for child care so she can work. Without that support, the state forcing her into work or cutting her benefits would be cruel to both her and the kids.

When Cooper brought in the harsher tests, it was part of New Labour trying to be tough on scroungers as ordered by the Mail and Sun, though there was more support available than now - classic Tory lite triangulation. Disability and mental health groups warned her of the disastrous consequences measured in hundreds, possibly thousands of deaths. No worries though eh, cos she's a moderate.
He hasn't given me an answer, and nor is that one. He's squirmed and avoided and now you've popped up to try and give him some cover.

I said in a previous answer that I'm more than happy to criticise the Jobcentres, but that's operation, not policy.

The policy change was to move single parents from income support to Jobseekers Allowance when their youngest was 4 instead of 14. The support received once you were on Jobseekers was the same, so it's not a variable in the question. If the support was poor it was poor for single parents moving on to Jobseekers when their youngest was 14, just as it was when their youngest was 4.

The claim was that asking single parents to look for 16 hours work a week when their youngest started started full time education was barbaric, and hounding. If, as you claim, it's because of the support then logically by your rationale asking them to look for work when their youngest was 14 was barbaric and hounding.

Which is bonkers.

Happy to get into the operational detail of how support should be structured, but there has to be a clear policy on when as a society we have an expectation that the vast majority of single parents should be expected to start actively looking for work.

Neither cockneyrebel nor you seem to be prepared to say what that should be.
Old 27-09-2016, 09:02 AM

As a reminder, this specifically is what cockneyrebel mocked by posting the slogan from Auschwitz

Quote:
I do not see what is wrong with expecting those single parents and (as you called them) the semi disabled that are able to work to do some work. It should be the expectation. Working is good for you.
But the expectation that single parents (the point I am sticking to) and those not badly disabled (which I am happy to move on to after I've got a straight answer on single parents) should do some work where they are able to seems entirely reasonable to me. It should be the expectation.

And 16 hours a week, once your child is in full time education, does not strike me as a barbaric thing for society to expect you to look for.
Old 27-09-2016, 09:13 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

No, but you should be able to spell it
Old 27-09-2016, 09:15 AM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Quite, and what are getting from May. A return to Grammar Schools (20 years old) A repeal of the ban on hunting with dogs (16 years old?).
Suggestion for bringing back the Royal Yatch as "a gift from the nation"