Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 27-09-2016, 11:05 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
What's the difference? Because regardless of the "connotations" you've imbued, you are saying that single parents should be free not to work under any circumstances (whether they feel they can't or, if you think there's a distinction, whether they do not feel like it).

There's no limitation or obligation in your statement. A single parents motivations for not working are irrelevant in your policy.

So it just looks like your nitpicking in order to avoid a fairly bland question about whether this freedom not to work would also be extended to two parent families and/or single people.
I've answered a similar question from Matt.

You have already said you want to be humoured. What do you not understand about **** off? Can you really not get that? It's not difficult. You utter prick.
Old 27-09-2016, 11:07 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Fair play to Rayner.
Indeed. Very much so.

Heb, didn't you have something to do with SureStart?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've answered a similar question from Matt.

You have already said you want to be humoured. What do you not understand about **** off? Can you really not get that? It's not difficult. You utter prick.
I get that you're a fairly unpleasant individual who quickly resorts to insults when your poorly thought out positions are questioned, sure. I just don't care.

If anything it's nice that you so accurately show what many on the far-left are like.

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Indeed. Very much so.

Heb, didn't you have something to do with SureStart?
Old 27-09-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I get that you're a fairly unpleasant individual who quickly resorts to insults when your poorly thought out positions are questioned, sure. I just don't care.

If anything it's nice that you so accurately show what many on the far-left are like.
If you had noticed, I'm not like it with anyone else. You are by far the most irritating person on the boards. It's not poorly thought out positions, it's I won't pander to some private school prick who wants me to "humour" him.

You accurately show what an annoying prick is like
Old 27-09-2016, 11:19 AM

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
If you had noticed, I'm not like it with anyone else. You are by far the most irritating person on the boards. It's not poorly thought out positions, it's I won't pander to some private school prick who wants me to "humour" him.

You accurately show what an annoying prick is like
I'm pretty sure I've noticed you calling people other than me "sad sacks" and "bellends" recently.

But again, I no more care that you find me irritating than I do with your insults. It's your inability to defend your poorly thought out policy positions which interests me.
Old 27-09-2016, 11:22 AM

radiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
without getting involved in personal invective the brutality of the recent benefit cuts shames our society- there are far more deserving cases than those who abuse the system- only the latter interest our vile media and so creates an exaggerated response.
there is a shocking level of social deprivation in our society and those at the bottom are regularly attacked whilst those at the top avoid millions in tax. presumably there is no disagreement on establishing a tax enforcement unit for these people and closing loopholes Even a 10 minimum wage leaves many firmly barely surviving
rent controls are a necessity to stop the obscene profiteering of landlords and treatment of tenants.let us concentrate on the positives of corbyn's labour
Old 27-09-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I've noticed you calling people other than me "sad sacks" and "bellends" recently.

But again, I no more care that you find me irritating than I do with your insults. It's your inability to defend your poorly thought out policy positions which interest me.
I've had a bit of cut and thrust with other people, but nothing like you #hideousheb #lyin'Heb

I don't care if my positions "interest you", or that you should be "humoured". If you don't care. Don't respond. I've told you to ****. Now prove you don't care, and don't respond. Simple really.
Old 27-09-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiomike View Post
without getting involved in personal invective the brutality of the recent benefit cuts shames our society- there are far more deserving cases than those who abuse the system- only the latter interest our vile media and so creates an exaggerated response.
there is a shocking level of social deprivation in our society and those at the bottom are regularly attacked whilst those at the top avoid millions in tax. presumably there is no disagreement on establishing a tax enforcement unit for these people and closing loopholes Even a 10 minimum wage leaves many firmly barely surviving
rent controls are a necessity to stop the obscene profiteering of landlords and treatment of tenants.let us concentrate on the positives of corbyn's labour
Great post.
Old 27-09-2016, 11:27 AM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
If you had noticed, I'm not like it with anyone else.
Oh you are.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

Old 27-09-2016, 11:28 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
. presumably there is no disagreement on establishing a tax enforcement unit for these people and closing loopholes
None whatsoever. Not sure how easy it will be but no reason not to try. I think all governments try doing this though. They love tax revenue
Old 27-09-2016, 11:32 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
I agree; you are largely amenable, but I have no idea why ol' Heb winds you up so much.

But do me a favour - drop the private schooling insults. A child cannot help where they are educated, so to insult people on that basis could suggest that you are more concerned with class war than with the fight for fairness.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 27-09-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I've had a bit of cut and thrust with other people, but nothing like you #hideousheb #lyin'Heb

I don't care if my positions "interest you", or that you should be "humoured". If you don't care. Don't respond. I've told you to ****. Now prove you don't care, and don't respond. Simple really.
I do care. I just said I was interested in your inability to defend your poorly thought out policy positions.

And of course I appreciate that you'd rather I didn't respond, for the same reason getting you to answer a straight question was like pulling teeth (and not just from me either).

You don't really know what you're talking about, made a stupid policy position that you havent thought through, can't defend it, and now want to shut down any examination of it.

It's the cowards way out, but your right of course. No one forces you to reply to me, but I am still interested in your daft proposal so I'm hardly likely to drop it.

It's also pretty funny since one of your stock, rather odd, responses is "maggot boy". Wiggle wiggle cockneyrebel, wiggle wiggle
Old 27-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Poker King

Jukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You're such an arrogant little shit, typical jumped up little private school prick. You expect everyone to jump to your tune and you set the agenda.

EMG was clear in what he was saying. The point we are talking about is whether benefits should be taken away, I am clear they shouldn't. Single parents should get those benefits until their children are adults. The policy of new labour, and now the tory follow on, is what you support and has led to the terrible situation we are in now.
And there goes the typical left wing reply to a question you can't or won't answer - abuse the questioner.
Old 27-09-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I'd agree with all of that. We need to be raising benefits. Single parents are a case in point. What we pay in income support is a disgrace, and very difficult (in an already difficult situation) to raise a child on and have a halfway decent standard of living.

The social safety net should be there for people when they need it, but with the expectation that when you don't you won't use it. But the more generous you make it (and I think it should be substantially more generous), the less the incentive there is to move off it when you really don't need to be relying on it any more.
Old 27-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
But the more generous you make it (and I think it should be substantially more generous), the less the incentive there is to move off it when you really don't need to be relying on it any more.
And there is the problem in a nutshell. Too often "income support" becomes income.

So given that the problem has been around for decades, has any politician suggested a sensible solution that is affordable?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 27-09-2016, 12:15 PM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
The point is the people who don't want to work is a tiny proportion and even the apparently bone idle often have issues the passer by can't see.

Might come as a shock, but there was life before neoliberalism - a few decades ago when you signed on, it was a no questions asked format, or the one legendary "have you worked in the last two weeks" query. There were undoubtedly people who abused the system, but unemployment was low.

When the Tories deliberately sent unemployment up in the 80s their cover was to demonise claimants, get on yer bike etc., with special attention for single mothers. New Labour carried on the pathetic blame the victim game.

Similar in a way, the evidence from Basic Income experiments is that paying people a no strings income encourages them to find work or work more hours.
Old 27-09-2016, 12:20 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant with mouse gyp View Post
Might come as a shock, but there was life before neoliberalism - a few decades ago when you signed on, it was a no questions asked format, or the one legendary "have you worked in the last two weeks" query.s.
True, dat.

I even used to get UB during college hols.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 27-09-2016, 12:23 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
True, dat.

I even used to get UB during college hols.
And housing benefit in term time!
Old 27-09-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
Oh you are.
I was like it with you, I agree. But thankfully I haven't debated you for a while.