Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-08-2018, 05:13 PM
Glazed All Over

CriticalEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCriticalEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCriticalEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCriticalEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCriticalEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCriticalEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCriticalEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCriticalEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCriticalEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCriticalEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCriticalEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
-----------------------Hen
--Wan-B-------Tomkins-----Sakho--------PVA
Townsend-------Luka--------Mac--------Schlupp
------------------Benteke---------Zaha

s : Guaita, Ward, Kelly. Kouyaté, Riedewald, Ayew, Sorloth
Old 20-08-2018, 10:12 AM

Hudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hennessey

AWB
Tomkins
Sakho
PvA

McArthur
Kouyate
Luka

Townsend
Benteke
Wilf

Subs:
Guaita
Ward
Schlupp
Jairo
Meyer
Ayew
Sørloth

Harsh on Schlupp after his goal but I feel we need to go with a wide 433 to take advantage of the space they leave behind the full backs and I'd rather play a proper CM than move Schlupp out of position. Hopefully Ayew and Meyer make the bench tonight and hopefully they get some minutes towards the end (when we're 3-0 up )
Old 20-08-2018, 10:29 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
It probably will be the same, I just think we could really do with beefing up the midfield for this one.
I agree. I love jimmy Mac but when we play him in a middle 2 we get overrun
Old 20-08-2018, 10:30 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Think we’ll see meyer tonight. Starting off bench
Old 20-08-2018, 10:33 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
There were enough gaps for Fulham, let alone this Liverpool side. Have some concern in that area. The same 442, in terms of personnel and shape, will struggle. But **** it, we can score these days.
Old 20-08-2018, 01:37 PM

Eagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I agree with the teams bringing in Kouyate for McArthur, other than that, same team as against Fulham

In my view, you need the pace of Townsend and Schlupp out wide against Liverpool with players like Salah, Mane, Alexander-Arnold and Robertson, plus if PVA/AWB break forward, you need pace in your team to get back and cover those positions so we are not hit on the break if possession is lost.

Roy doesn't tend to go for wholesale changes to his teams, yet alone a winning team so I'm not even convinced Jimmy will lose out to Kouyate either.
Old 20-08-2018, 01:52 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I could imagine him replacing Benteke with Kouyate and starting with Wilf as a withdrawn sole striker. Call me a loon if you must.
Old 20-08-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I could imagine him replacing Benteke with Kouyate and starting with Wilf as a withdrawn sole striker. Call me a loon if you must.
No way. We will be under cosh for large periods so need an outlet. Plus Liverpool aren’t brilliant at defending set pieces
Old 20-08-2018, 02:19 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Fair enough. I’m really thinking of the surprise factor - feel it would discombobulate them for the first half hour. We can ask them different questions later in the game.
He is more likely to stick with the players and tinker with the set up, I guess.
Old 20-08-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Fair enough. I’m really thinking of the surprise factor - feel it would discombobulate them for the first half hour. We can ask them different questions later in the game.
He is more likely to stick with the players and tinker with the set up, I guess.
I would like to see meyer play.. think this game suits him
Old 20-08-2018, 02:51 PM
Middle class left.

Yeah. Well, Roy will know best.
Old 20-08-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Yeah. Well, Roy will know best.
He will
Old 20-08-2018, 03:13 PM
Stroud1

minch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I'd bring Kouyate in for Schlupp and put McArthur left side of the midfield. I see why people wouldn't want to change a winning team but this a very different proposition and I think we need more physicality in midfield. Schlupp scored but didn't play particularly well on Saturday imo.
Roy has got Schlupp scoring in the last game. He must be on a high so he should at least have a start. Him, Wilf and PVA seem to be developing an understanding. Plenty of time to introduce Meyer and Kouyate.
Old 20-08-2018, 03:20 PM
BTC

Far East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

It's not the Liverpool fans from supporting their local team that's the problem, it's the glory hunters that do my nut it.
Old 20-08-2018, 03:22 PM
Stroud1

minch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Benteke is the key to this one. If he can successfully hold the ball up and bring our midfield into play we have a chance. If he doesn't and the ball constantly comes back they are going to be all over us.
Old 20-08-2018, 03:23 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
This bench, should Meyer make it, will probably be the best we've had. Since we've been promoted there hasn't been many potential game changers available, often made worse by long injury lists. Last season Hodgson was very reluctant to make changes, it's going to be interesting watching how he deals with situations now there are genuine options.

I was always quite jealous watching other teams at 70 minutes bring on decent players, knowing we only had the type that could kill a game off. Now if we're behind we could add Ayew to Wilf, Andros and Benteke - Exciting stuff.
Old 20-08-2018, 03:26 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Far East Eagle View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

It's not the Liverpool fans from supporting their local team that's the problem, it's the glory hunters that do my nut it.
I only really have a problem with glory hunters from places like England, Germany, Spain etc with excellent football leagues and a plethora of local teams to support. Have some sympathy for people from the US, pretty much anywhere in Africa, the Far East etc where the leagues are shit and there’s sometimes not a team for hundreds of miles. Although, if any of them have a pop at Palace, I will call them ‘armchair plastic twats.’
Old 20-08-2018, 03:33 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Agree with the sentiment that Jimmy Mac should give way to Kouyate. Both teams' attacks can hurt each other's defenses. This will be won or lost in midfield and I fear we might be overrun there.

Tricky one this. We are close to having a team that can take Liverpool on directly, especially as Liverpool is still not the greatest defensive team. I'm still leaning towards playing very tight and hitting on the break.

Benteke's performance will be massive. His hold up play needs to be good. COYP!
Old 20-08-2018, 03:53 PM

wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Agree with the sentiment that Jimmy Mac should give way to Kouyate. Both teams' attacks can hurt each other's defenses. This will be won or lost in midfield and I fear we might be overrun there.

Tricky one this. We are close to having a team that can take Liverpool on directly, especially as Liverpool is still not the greatest defensive team. I'm still leaning towards playing very tight and hitting on the break.

Benteke's performance will be massive. His hold up play needs to be good. COYP!
Roy won't be adapting his core game plan out of fear of Liverpool. He'll tweak like he does every game, but his main message will be 'if you play to your best - you can beat this lot'. I'm sure the thrust of training will on how to react to patterns in Liverpool's play and what to do when we recover the ball.
Old 20-08-2018, 04:02 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
You're a loon.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk