Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: As of 05/02/17 who should be first choice Goalkeeper
1 Julian Speroni 311 26.22%
13 wayne Hennessey 178 15.01%
30 Steve Mandanda 561 47.30%
Another 136 11.47%
Voters: 1186. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-11-2017, 03:26 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling;13[B
[/B]950462]it says a lot when speroni's errors are more discussed on the hennessy thread when he hasnt been playing for several matches

neither are good enough and we need a new keeper on jan 1st not 31st
Who knew....
Old 20-11-2017, 03:33 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Who knew....
Bronby don't play after the 10th December. Could do a deal to register on 1st/2nd Jan but have someone training with us prior to that?
Old 20-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Bronby don't play after the 10th December. Could do a deal to register on 1st/2nd Jan but have someone training with us prior to that?
Would hope we have a few pre window agreements tied up. I somehow doubt we will though.
Old 20-11-2017, 03:40 PM

Zulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Would hope we have a few pre window agreements tied up. I somehow doubt we will though.
Old 20-11-2017, 03:42 PM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Would hope we have a few pre window agreements tied up.
Just spat my tea over my screen!
Old 20-11-2017, 04:02 PM

hulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Maybe the circle of life at its finest... Jules first game for Palace is v Everton and ****s up being too clever, last game for Palace is v Everton and ****s up being too clever...

Let's remember him with fondness for the how ever many games it has been now in between.
Won’t be his last game will it. A Speroni mistake doesn't stop Henessey from being shit all of a sudden does it.
Old 20-11-2017, 04:10 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
To add to the debate about the goal on Saturday, I think Sakho should share some of the blame. He dropped deep for the ball off Speroni, but when Dann got it, didn't move upfield. This left Niasse unmarked in an onside position, and able to be slotted in with ease. If he'd moved up when the ball went to Dann, Niasse would have been either offside or travelling away from goal.
He was a better option than Dann for the pass too & should have been roaring for the ball. It would have been an easier pass for Speroni to make as well.
Old 20-11-2017, 04:17 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Was Speroni wearing blinkers, then?
Old 20-11-2017, 04:19 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Who knew....
More than 20000 every home game for a start
Old 20-11-2017, 04:22 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Was Speroni wearing blinkers, then?
Possibly. I was in block z of the aw & when Speroni cut inside Niasse, Sakho dropped back for the pass. He didn't appear to call for it, but I assumed it was coming his way. Next thing I know Dann is getting mugged & we're level again. The whole team had switched off & got sloppy awaiting the half time whistle I reckon.
Old 20-11-2017, 04:32 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Possibly. I was in block z of the aw & when Speroni cut inside Niasse, Sakho dropped back for the pass. He didn't appear to call for it, but I assumed it was coming his way. Next thing I know Dann is getting mugged & we're level again. The whole team had switched off & got sloppy awaiting the half time whistle I reckon.
Agreed - he had dropped for the ball, but then did not move up when he didn't get it, despite Niasse being broadly in a position to cut out a pass across to him. If Speroni had hoofed it, or if Dann hadn't got it stuck under his feet and been robbed, then it wouldn't have mattered, but as both of those happened, his switching off and not moving up played Niasse onside. Couldn't do anything about the first two elements, but still (IMO) partly at fault in a minor way.
Old 20-11-2017, 04:44 PM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
What a surprise!!! I think Jules showed that he knew who was to blame and Dann certainly made it clear to him. It was pathetic to give him and Delaney new contracts just because SP likes having them around.
One keeper who has been part of the only points we've won this season...
Old 20-11-2017, 04:49 PM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login

A lot of independent resources rate Hennessey higher then Speroni on this seasons form.

They are usually both rated very close to the bottom of the pile of PL keepers.

That supports the argument that we desperately need to upgrade in goal in January on which i think there is pretty much universal agreement.
THe only stat that really matters is that we have one keeper who hasn't helped up pick up one result this season (conceding 18 goals in 8 games), while another has helped us pick up our only points of the season.

Both been at faults for goals this season, but at the moment there is no evidence, that until we sign a new keeper, Hennesey should be starting matches for us.
Old 20-11-2017, 05:16 PM

JackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Come on Cookie. Do us a favour and take him to Sunderland
Old 20-11-2017, 05:40 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
I was in row seven of the Holmesdale lower. Mad view from there, but perfect for the controversial incidents of this game.
About 80% Jules's fault - admittedly, a couple of the defenders could have done better. Dann was surprised and disconcerted to receive the ball (because it was a very bad choice to make).
Old 20-11-2017, 08:04 PM
Senior member & moaner

Location: Militant Wing of the Dougie Freedman Appreciation Society
Mark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
Play Sakho as a rush goalie?
I'm not sure my heart could take even more Cruyff turns & backheels from our keeper

I make Cassandra look like an optimist.
Old 20-11-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I was in row seven of the Holmesdale lower. Mad view from there, but perfect for the controversial incidents of this game.
About 80% Jules's fault - admittedly, a couple of the defenders could have done better. Dann was surprised and disconcerted to receive the ball (because it was a very bad choice to make).
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to absolve Speroni of any blame, but the pussy footing around that led to us initially coughing up possession & then everyone switching off smacked of Palace awaiting the half time whistle.
Niasse was like Jerome hunting down the ball which created his goal too.

Edit - As an aside, it's a shame I didn't know you were over for the match. I would have happily met up with you in a pub before the match to throw a drink in your face.

Last edited by Selhurst Celtic; 20-11-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 20-11-2017, 09:28 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheBiscuit View Post
Come on Cookie. Do us a favour and take him to Sunderland
Wayne would sign for Chris Coleman as he rates him as a manager ..
He had a plan A B and C for each Wales Euros game and the players believed in him.
Think we need to keep keepers not lose them next window.
Old 20-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Wayne would sign for Chris Coleman as he rates him as a manager ..
He had a plan A B and C for each Wales Euros game and the players believed in him.
Think we need to keep keepers not lose them next window.
I think we will keep Hennessey next window. Not because he is good enough but because we would be stupid to end up with just two again and I cannot see us signing two keepers in the next Window.
Old 20-11-2017, 09:47 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to absolve Speroni of any blame, but the pussy footing around that led to us initially coughing up possession & then everyone switching off smacked of Palace awaiting the half time whistle.
Niasse was like Jerome hunting down the ball which created his goal too.

Edit - As an aside, it's a shame I didn't know you were over for the match. I would have happily met up with you in a pub before the match to throw a drink in your face.
I shall make sure to give fair warning, next time. Your offer is hard for any man to resist.