Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 27-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
(Wooden) 1924 Main Stand seats for sale

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Buy Your Seat

when you click on 'choose seats' it says under "Event details"

"Event Details

PURCHASE YOUR MAIN STAND SEAT

The club are giving you a unique opportunity to purchase your actual seat from the Main Stand as the summer refurbishments continue at Selhurst Park.

As part of the latest round of renovation work taking place the club are putting new seats into the Main Stand and therefore we are giving you the chance to purchase yours before it is replaced.

These can be purchased for £20 (excluding Directors Box seats) with all proceeds going to the CPFC Youth Academy.

Once purchased you may come down to Selhurst to collect the seat to take home and have your piece of Palace memorabilia for many years to come.
You have until midnight on Sunday 28th July 2013 to purchase your seat. We will be in touch soon after to confirm when it can be collected."

So don't hang around!

Will have to take a guess as to which ones are wooden 1924 originals and not 1980's cheap black plastic jobbies.

I'll go for one at the back of block E in the hope it is a wooden 1924 original (I can't be 100% sure as I sit it in the upper tier usually)

"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 17-09-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 27-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Is the beamback included in the price?
Old 27-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I guess they've got to get a move on before the Lazio game???
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 27-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Someone posted a great pic on here once - black and white of rows of wooden Main Stand sets. Never been able to find it since. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Old 27-07-2013, 12:07 PM

Ryan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Row 16 back is wooden I believe.
Old 27-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Collecting Palace tat

There are still a few of the original turnstiles in place in the Main Stand - as you enter for blocks B-D

If anyone from the club is reading and they ever they take these out to replace the stand, then call me!! They are a lovely piece of historical memorabilia and a great talking point!

Old 27-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
You are a Palace loon, Dorking. Have some rep!
Old 27-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_the_eagle View Post
Ian King just confirmed this in an email to me too.

The front of the stand was a terrace until the summer of '81

So horrid plastic ones at the front

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 27-07-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 27-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Collecting Palace tat

It's a lovely feeling when you enter an old stand at an old ground (eg Everton this season), and pass through something like this don't you agree?

Old 27-07-2013, 01:03 PM
And a packet of crisps

Pint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How will they do it?

Will you get the entire fold down seat, frame and all?

For those who've already ordered too, you choose which seat right? I want my one, not somebody else's.
Old 27-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Collecting Palace tat

This is the 'holy grail' of turnstiles.

It was originally located at the Crystal Palace 'Exhibition' (ie Cup Final) Ground, where CPFC played between 1905 and 1914.

Somehow it then ended up at Shrewsbury's ground 'Gay Meadow'.

When that ground closed in 2007, it was auctioned by the club, and sold for over £3,000.

Old 27-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_the_eagle View Post
Depends which block.

My seat is in row 16, Block E, but it's one of the "modern" seats, i.e. not wooden, so I'm not not rushing to buy it. Think Block D has wooden seats.
Old 27-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
good spot DE. May get one.

Still got a barrier from the h'dale at home aswell

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 27-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint of Speroni View Post
How will they do it?

Will you get the entire fold down seat, frame and all?

For those who've already ordered too, you choose which seat right? I want my one, not somebody else's.
You order via the ticketing website, so yes, you choose the seat you want. Not being a season ticket holder in that stand, I just chose one which isn't a season ticket holders next season.

I do hope that you get all of it 'frame and all' and not just the seat or the back rest.

It'll involve a lot of chopping up though as I see it, because they are joined together in long rows, and will require a lot of care by someone to ensure people do get their actual seat.

(this is in the Arthur Wait stand, but the priciple is the same)

If you do 'just' get the seat or back rest, then you can still do something decent, framing-wise. This is 'just' the back of a 1923-2000 Wembley seat, which were cleverly marketed as being '1966' seats:-

A bit of sanding, woodstain, varnish etc, and a row of 3 could make an unusual garden bench.

This (below) was originally a stadium seat from Yankee Stadium.

There's even a company on the 'net that sells rocking feet, to turn them into rocking chairs!!

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 27-07-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 27-07-2013, 06:09 PM
living in a bubble

Lord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by King William View Post
good spot DE. May get one.

Still got a barrier from the h'dale at home aswell
I have a Hol barrier as well. I never managed to get the legs though

Mind you, I was hammered at the time of the acquisition, having climbed into the ground after midnight and thieving said barrier from E3 as it was being demolished.

Heaven only knows how I hauled it up South Norwood Hill and got the thing home
Old 27-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
It's obviously not just the wooden ones, because I got offered mine and it's a blue plastic one, so I'm assuming they have replaced all the seats in the Main Stand.
Old 27-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
You order via the ticketing website, so yes, you choose the seat you want. Not being a season ticket holder in that stand, I just chose one which isn't a season ticket holders next season.

I do hope that you get all of it 'frame and all' and not just the seat or the back rest.
Dont see how you can get the frame

Imagin eyou want seat 1, and someone wants seat 2, thet share a common frame with a seat on each side

At a guess, not that many people will want to buy them so it may be possible to get hold of the frame, but I dont see it being a matter of course
Old 27-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Brighton Uni's Palace Fan

cpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
It's a lovely feeling when you enter an old stand at an old ground (eg Everton this season), and pass through something like this don't you agree?

Good gracious me, Belfast Celtic! A great uncle of mine played for them, I have his shirt somewhere...

Tshabalabalabalabalaba
Old 27-07-2013, 08:46 PM
and this is what he said

Ash Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is here
Sat on mine for many a year of trevor francis/peter taylor-style dross, so it's definitely a "thanks but no thanks" from me. The plastic ones starting in row 16, one behind, provide a smidge more leg room so fingers crossed the new seats do likewise... after all, it's gonna be a long old season!
Old 27-07-2013, 10:33 PM
waiting for a miracle

ice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I just brought row 28 seat 10 block A glaziers, so happy, Hope we get full seat rather than the back and fold down parts.

www.facebook.com/eastbourne.plumber