Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-11-2017, 03:27 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nowhere mate, fanzone's rubbish, cold and £4.50 for a bottle of small carlsberg
Old 16-11-2017, 03:37 PM

Lawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLawd Elpus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reknaw View Post
I was going to your mums pub you ****
Thatís quite funny, hope you enjoy your pre-match chanting.
Old 16-11-2017, 03:47 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
Nowhere mate, fanzone's rubbish, cold and £4.50 for a bottle of small carlsberg

Oh, thatís shit. Crystals might have been a bit of a dark hole, but it was our hole and was always good to take a perch in the warm/dry, watch the pre match game and have a varied choice of beers. Gits!!
Old 16-11-2017, 03:49 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Out of interest, now Crystals is a gonner. Where do most go if they have young kids pre match (in poor weather)?
This doesn't entirely answer your question as it's a tiny place and certainly not where most go, but try Yeha Noha outside Norwood Junction. It's a great little Polish cafe that serves Polish beer and very good homemade burgers. If you get there reasonably early you should be able to get a table.

Otherwise, if the weather's ok the garden at the back of the Cherry Trees is fine for kids.
Old 16-11-2017, 04:27 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken View Post
This doesn't entirely answer your question as it's a tiny place and certainly not where most go, but try Yeha Noha outside Norwood Junction. It's a great little Polish cafe that serves Polish beer and very good homemade burgers. If you get there reasonably early you should be able to get a table.

Otherwise, if the weather's ok the garden at the back of the Cherry Trees is fine for kids.
Thanks for the recommendations. Might check those out.
Old 16-11-2017, 04:33 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hi all,

Havenít been to a game in a couple of years as I havenít been in the country. Going to my first game of the season and bringing a friend to the game this weekend. .

Would like to know the best pub for pre and post match atmosphere? Preferably where a lot of chanting is going on and is a bit lively!

Any information would be great!
The reppidnib would suit your needs...
Old 16-11-2017, 04:49 PM
Probationary User

Reknaw Reknaw Reknaw Reknaw Reknaw Reknaw Reknaw Reknaw Reknaw Reknaw Reknaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble Wrap View Post
You got the same answer on Hols.
Reknaw = wanker = troll
Yes got the same answer but wanted to make sure on here. Jesus iím never posting on this forum again. Suck all your mums you dry lunches.
Old 16-11-2017, 04:56 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Not sure why everyone thinks this bloke's Everton. Looks more like a backwards Man Utd fan to me.
Old 16-11-2017, 04:59 PM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Oh, thatís shit. Crystals might have been a bit of a dark hole, but it was our hole and was always good to take a perch in the warm/dry, watch the pre match game and have a varied choice of beers. Gits!!
Now stand in the concourse of the whitehorse. Something depressingly satisfying about the Crystals.
Old 16-11-2017, 04:59 PM

Bubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken View Post
Not sure why everyone thinks this bloke's Everton. Looks more like a backwards Man Utd fan to me.
I didnt think he was Everton. I thought he was a Wanker and i was correct.
Old 16-11-2017, 05:04 PM
Probationary User

Reknaw Reknaw Reknaw Reknaw Reknaw Reknaw Reknaw Reknaw Reknaw Reknaw Reknaw
Quote:
Someone answer my fóKing question......please
Start your own thread. Donít hi-jack mine
Old 16-11-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Now stand in the concourse of the whitehorse. Something depressingly satisfying about the Crystals.

Yes indeed, there certainly was. Was also brought up there as a boy so gives me fond memories.
Old 16-11-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Start your own thread. Donít hi-jack mine

Nah!
Old 17-11-2017, 02:09 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Someone answer my fóKing question......please
Maybe the goat
Old 19-11-2017, 05:54 PM
TristŠn

TristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
OK: PRE-MATCH I would always say The Cherry Tree. It is absolutely packed, to the extent that it can take a good 10 minutes or more to get served, but if you muscle your way in and do some clever manoeuvering it is possible to get served quicker, especially if you are lucky with the direction in which the most recently served punter exits the bar area. The good thing about the Cherries is that it's right outside Norwood Junction station, meaning that if you, like me, are coming from the Overground or National Rail, the delay between commuting and alcohol is as short as possible. They have a fantastic garden for smokers and lovers of Polish burnt sausages. £4 for a pint of cider, albeit in a plastic glass. Downside: the queue for the gents, and then the squeeze for the urinals, it can get so packed that you do get splashback from other punters' piss occasionally.

The best pub for after the game, well some would say the Cherries again but I go to the Victory. Not so much for the atmosphere, but because it is normally possible to get a table if you're there early enough (my season ticket is in the corner of the Arthur Wait so as soon as the final whistle blows I am running out the ground and heading for the Victory. The pub's tables make it conducive for post-match analysis with mates, and being a subsidised British Legion place, the cider is £3.10. Technically you're meant to pay £2 day membership fee to get in, but there's never anyone collecting *after* the game. Two toilets for the gents and rarely any queue in the toilets nearest the stage. Good smoking area outside, with plenty of covered bench areas, so it's even pleasant on rainy days. Can necessitate a queue to get in if you are too late, but eventually that clears.

Do note though that whereas the Cherries just let in any Home fan (so a scarf is good enough), the Victory ONLY lets in season ticket holders, and if all you have is a paper ticket you *MAY* be turned down. There again, it depends who's on the door. It can be possible to get in even if you are an away fan if you are very well behaved - an Everton fan I know from University 27 years ago got in, I was supposed to pass him my season ticket over the fence (as I know he's not an idiot and wouldn't let me down) but he didn't need it, he just sweet-talked the guy on the door. He's been coming to the Victory for years, even back in the days when it openly welcomed away fans.

So, I think that answers you question. :-)
Old 21-11-2017, 07:09 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I quite like the White Hart on the CP triangle. Good beer and just about walkable.
Old 23-11-2017, 03:33 AM
thanks for coming

laggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
RE norwood circuit, hearing of new owners taken over the jolly, hopefully get the atmosphere back in there. shelverdene (old wetherspoon) is out of place on matchday. shame so many pubs have closed down or lost their soul. cherry tree have a disco/rave post match which is fun
Old 23-11-2017, 06:55 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not so much fun pre match as the Cherries is rammed solid with plenty of people turning away as it's 3 deep to get served at @ 2pm on a Saturday. Having a dj set up in the corner of the pub takes up valuable space and adds zero to the atmosphere.
Old 23-11-2017, 07:01 AM
...well, I was in '99...

Andy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
I quite like the White Hart on the CP triangle. Good beer and just about walkable.
Drove past there after the Everton game and it looked like it was closed - maybe for redecoration?
Old 24-11-2017, 02:21 AM
thanks for coming

laggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post
Not so much fun pre match as the Cherries is rammed solid with plenty of people turning away as it's 3 deep to get served at @ 2pm on a Saturday. Having a dj set up in the corner of the pub takes up valuable space and adds zero to the atmosphere.
prematch agree, too rammed. went to the albino prematch sat and it was like sardines. disagree re post match cherries, the disco/rave is a vital addition IMO