Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 19-11-2017, 11:54 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
I'm not sure Roy sees Benteke as an automatic starter. I suspect we will see him start from the bench for the time being, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's sold in January if we can find a buyer and get a couple of replacements.
I'd be amazed if that's true.
Old 20-11-2017, 12:26 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
roy plays 4-4-2.
He played 451 for years at Fulham
Old 20-11-2017, 03:23 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by McpfcS View Post
I’ve been to all but one home game this season
So you post( constantly?) during the game rather than watch it?.
Old 20-11-2017, 06:25 AM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
HENNESSEY
TFM......TOMKINS.....SAKHO.....SCHLUPP
.................CABAYE......LUKA................. ......
ZAHA.................RLC................TOWNSEND
.......................BENTEKE...................

Sorry for all the Julian lovers but for me it has to be the lesser of two evils.
Old 20-11-2017, 06:40 AM

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
So you post( constantly?) during the game rather than watch it?.

I don’t actually. I posted during the West Ham game because I was abroad. Otherwise I might make the occasional post at HT.
Old 20-11-2017, 09:15 AM

grand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
seems like its more important to bung the ref a few quid before the game if Saturday was anything to go by!
Old 20-11-2017, 09:33 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Ward was better yesterday than TFM was at Spurs and James McArthur played his nuts off yesterday and scored.. my green wheelie bin is better than Christian Benteke!
A wheelie bin is certainly more likely to move.
Old 20-11-2017, 09:34 AM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got a bad feeling about Scott Dann. There's an air of Roger Johnson about him now. (That's Bromley Town's Roger Johnson as we speak)
Old 20-11-2017, 09:35 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by grand aigle View Post
seems like its more important to bung the ref a few quid before the game if Saturday was anything to go by!
Don't make stupid errors and your International level striker puts an easy chance away, and the refs performance is irrelevant.
Old 20-11-2017, 09:40 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's hard to see Roy making much change to the current setup other than he has no alternative but to bring Benteke back in, hopefully CB has had a chance to look back at his performances prior to injury and realise it needs improving.
As for the teams performances of late it has been fairly good by Our standards, but its our lack of goals that is our main downfall, unfortunately it will continue until hopefully we can rectify it in the January window with another striker to play alongside Benteke, i.e Danny Ings or the Turkish striker is it Tosun? who looks a proven goalscorer.
Then i would suggest we can go with 4-4-2, a system with those players in tow will make us a goal threat and perfect for the system, as much as most would like to see Wilf Zaha as the striker, personally i don't see him as being an out and out striker but much better as a Wide creator and provider causing havoc to defences.
But for Now, we have reached a stage where there is no alternative but to aim for Wins against the lesser teams if we are to save our premiership status, to do so means an attacking formation at home for sure, and then tighten up the formation away from home.
As and when we have a fully fit squad and until the January window, i would not be averse to going with THREE at the Back no i am Not FDB, and go with a solid Central Midfield 3, and give RLC a free wandering midfield role in support of the striker, with WZ and AT giving width and striking support but also dropping back to help the midfield into closing down spaces. This is how i would like to see us play.

-----------------------------------Speroni---------------------------------------------

---------------Tomkins------------------Dann-------------------Sakho--------------------

----------Luka-------------------Cabaye--------------------McArthur-----------------------

---------------------------------Loftus-Cheek-----------------------------------

------------Zaha---------------------------------------Townsend----------------------------

----------------------------Benteke--------------------------------------------------
Old 20-11-2017, 09:41 AM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Our best back two is Tomkins and Sakho.

Danns main asset is his heading ability and goal threat. If Roy wants to keep this, then Tomkins should come in at Right Back.

Unfortunately Schlupp still isnt a premier league left back and seems to have gone backwards since his signing but that cant be changed until January without bringing in Souare, which we could do.

Other than that, the midfield 4 picks themselves with Benteke still notfit.
Old 20-11-2017, 09:44 AM

teesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
It's hard to see Roy making much change to the current setup other than he has no alternative but to bring Benteke back in, hopefully CB has had a chance to look back at his performances prior to injury and realise it needs improving.
As for the teams performances of late it has been fairly good by Our standards, but its our lack of goals that is our main downfall, unfortunately it will continue until hopefully we can rectify it in the January window with another striker to play alongside Benteke, i.e Danny Ings or the Turkish striker is it Tosun? who looks a proven goalscorer.
Then i would suggest we can go with 4-4-2, a system with those players in tow will make us a goal threat and perfect for the system, as much as most would like to see Wilf Zaha as the striker, personally i don't see him as being an out and out striker but much better as a Wide creator and provider causing havoc to defences.
But for Now, we have reached a stage where there is no alternative but to aim for Wins against the lesser teams if we are to save our premiership status, to do so means an attacking formation at home for sure, and then tighten up the formation away from home.
As and when we have a fully fit squad and until the January window, i would not be averse to going with THREE at the Back no i am Not FDB, and go with a solid Central Midfield 3, and give RLC a free wandering midfield role in support of the striker, with WZ and AT giving width and striking support but also dropping back to help the midfield into closing down spaces. This is how i would like to see us play.

-----------------------------------Speroni---------------------------------------------

---------------Tomkins------------------Dann-------------------Sakho--------------------

----------Luka-------------------Cabaye--------------------McArthur-----------------------

---------------------------------Loftus-Cheek-----------------------------------

------------Zaha---------------------------------------Townsend----------------------------

----------------------------Benteke--------------------------------------------------
Zero chance of this being the team. It will be 442 or 451.
Old 20-11-2017, 09:54 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
I'm not sure Roy sees Benteke as an automatic starter. I suspect we will see him start from the bench for the time being, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's sold in January if we can find a buyer and get a couple of replacements.
Just coming back from injury, so i would expect at least 45-60 minutes next Saturday before playing away at Brighton.

Th 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 (depending one where the 3 CMs play) is the formation that suits most of our players to play in their best and most effective positions.
Old 20-11-2017, 09:55 AM

EaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think tomkins should be given a chance, I always think he does well beside Sakho.
Old 20-11-2017, 10:15 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
Zero chance of this being the team. It will be 442 or 451.
Unfortunately i realise that which is what i said, as i see Roy sticking with the current system which in fairness has been fine just lacking goals which is what gains points and something we need desperately, hence my suggestions.
The problem we have had is the current systems have just not worked as far as preventing goals or scoring them, hence why we are where we are. So surely change can't be so bad if it has the effect? it is only simply juggling with the system and dropping players that have been ineffective.
We are very close to being at the point of no return if we fail anymore.
Old 20-11-2017, 10:28 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
If Roy likes what he sees playing this in training and benteke is looking sharp enough.. this is our first 11

Zaha right, Townsend left to get first time crosses without he cut back to benteke so he can get a run on his man. Feed the guy service and he will score.

—------------------------Speroni---------------------------
Ward------------Dann----------------Sakho--------Schlupp
—————-----Cabaye------------Milivojevic------————
Zaha———---------------RLC------------———-——andros
———————————Benteke—————————————

If not and we stay 442. Same team as started against Everton and have been so good. Benteke to come in for most of the second half, minimum 30 mins to get sharpness and hopefully confidence. Ultimately the team above is probably our first 11

RLC —-——---Cabaye-----------Milivojevic----—-—Jimmy
————————Townsend———zaha—————————-

Ward first choice rb for defensive qualities over the attacking threat of TFM. If we face a team with exceptional pace, TFM comes in for wardy.

Schlupp is our most capable lb at the moment

Jules hasn’t done anything wrong bar a bad decision. Overall he’s looked solid enough and the defence more settled.

RLC and Jimmy are not wingers but we’ve played well like that and the sum of that is better than an unfit benteke in the side. If Big Ben is ready we go to having players where they are best
Old 20-11-2017, 11:04 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
If Roy likes what he sees playing this in training and benteke is looking sharp enough.. this is our first 11

Zaha right, Townsend left to get first time crosses without he cut back to benteke so he can get a run on his man. Feed the guy service and he will score.

—————-----Cabaye------------Milivojevic------————
Zaha———---------------RLC------------———-——andros
———————————Benteke—————————————

If not and we stay 442. Same team as started against Everton and have been so good. Benteke to come in for most of the second half, minimum 30 mins to get sharpness and hopefully confidence. Ultimately the team above is probably our first 11

RLC —-——---Cabaye-----------Milivojevic----—-—Jimmy
————————Townsend———zaha—————————-

Ward first choice rb for defensive qualities over the attacking threat of TFM. If we face a team with exceptional pace, TFM comes in for wardy.

Schlupp is our most capable lb at the moment

Jules hasn’t done anything wrong bar a bad decision. Overall he’s looked solid enough and the defence more settled.

RLC and Jimmy are not wingers but we’ve played well like that and the sum of that is better than an unfit benteke in the side. If Big Ben is ready we go to having players where they are best
Benteke will only score if he is given decent service. I'm sorry, I don't think Zaha's crossing is good enough to provide on a consistent basis. We need to get Townsend and Cabaye into the positions to deliver, as they are the best we have. Another thing to mention is that we are not counter-attacking well enough away from home in the 4-4-2. I feel perhaps we should switch to 4-5-1 in away games. So here are a couple of alternatives:

HOME:

-------------------Speroni------------------------
TFM-------Dann-----------Sakho---------Schlupp
Cabaye----Luka-------------RLC--------Townsend
------------Zaha----------Benteke-------------------

Would like to see TFM as right back as he has the pace to get up and down in the home games. Play Cabaye as a narrow right midfielder and encourage him to cross. Likewise encourage Townsend to cross. Zaha close to Benteke so he's not isolated.

AWAY:

Ward-------Dann-----------Sakho---------Schlupp
---------Cabaye----Luka---------RLC--------------
---Townsend-------------------------------Zaha
----------------------Benteke------------------------

Direct wingers who can track back and set up counter attacks. Ward back in for defensive solidity.
Old 20-11-2017, 11:06 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Benteke will only score if he is given decent service. I'm sorry, I don't think Zaha's crossing is good enough to provide on a consistent basis. We need to get Townsend and Cabaye into the positions to deliver, as they are the best we have. Another thing to mention is that we are not counter-attacking well enough away from home in the 4-4-2. I feel perhaps we should switch to 4-5-1 in away games. So here are a couple of alternatives:

HOME:

TFM-------Dann-----------Sakho---------Schlupp
Cabaye----Luka-------------RLC--------Townsend
------------Zaha----------Benteke-------------------

Would like to see TFM as right back as he has the pace to get up and down in the home games. Play Cabaye as a narrow right midfielder and encourage him to cross. Likewise encourage Townsend to cross. Zaha close to Benteke so he's not isolated.

AWAY:

Ward-------Dann-----------Sakho---------Schlupp
---------Cabaye----Luka---------RLC--------------
---Townsend-------------------------------Zaha
----------------------Benteke------------------------

Direct wingers who can track back and set up counter attacks. Ward back in for defensive solidity.
Cabaye on the right of a 4 would be madness. He needs to be in next to Luka. He's becoming more & more influential for us in the middle of the park.
Old 20-11-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Cabaye on the right of a 4 would be madness. He needs to be in next to Luka. He's becoming more & more influential for us in the middle of the park.
I agree, you're right. I am just wondering who can deliver crosses in for Benteke. Ward's cross was definitely a one-off!
Old 20-11-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Just coming back from injury, so i would expect at least 45-60 minutes next Saturday before playing away at Brighton.

Th 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 (depending one where the 3 CMs play) is the formation that suits most of our players to play in their best and most effective positions.
If we have to play with 3 central midfielders we should play a 4-3-3:

-------------------------------Speroni----------------------------------
TFM------------------Tomkins--------Sakho-------------Schlupp
-------------Cabaye-----------Luka-------------RLC----------------
------Townsend---------------Benteke-----------------Zaha