Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 15-11-2018, 05:42 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Housing advice (lying council)

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Some people may know my situation after reading the depression thread.

I have a flat through housing and everything was perfect until May. A neighbour moved in and has ruined my families lives. It started with noise, loud music, homeless coming in and out etc. We live on the ground floor so hear everything.

In June there was an attempted break in and my son had a torch shone in his eyes. He has suffered awfully since and cannot go anywhere in the flat or outside without us...he can't even go to the toilet without us.

Since then, we have reported everything. The lady is a drunk who weed herself outside our flat whilst banging on the door on drugs, caused issue after issue etc until it all came to a head last week. My wife asked her to keep the noise down as and her and a man attacked her leaving her with a bruised neck and wrist. The police were called and they were both arrested but went mad.

I have had depression etc for years and was dealing with it. I was on citilopram and since this have been put on 4 lots of medication. I had CBT etc but nothings worked. I put in a homeless application as couldn't cope which they rejected without a letter or anything.

We stayed in hotels last week which the housing association helped us with but have been paying ourselves this week. I can't rent privately because of my credit and can't believe this whole situation.

The neighbour now has an injunction in place until a hearing in a few weeks. Long story short as there is a lot more to it but the council have done EVERYTHING they can to hurt us and not help us. I am going to lose my job and genuinely don't want to live sometimes but love my family so much.

Citizens advice etc can't believe what's happening and we went to another council who also can't believe it.

They responded my letter to the old homeless application today which was done ages ago and have lied all over it. Mentioning the police shining a torch through which never happened, not mentioning the assault and belittled the anxiety saying we can't prove its because of this.

I can't understand it and don't know what's going on, it feels like a personal attack. We are seeking legal advice but does anyone know why they would act like this or give advice? I'm stuck.

There's a lot more to it and thank you to everyone who responded on the depression thread. I'm not eating and it's ruined my life yet this response etc is a joke.

Edit:

I have started a just giving account after a few suggestions on here and cannot thank everyone enough. Overwhelmed! All money put in will go back to charities such as Shelter and shown on here..

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by SeanPalace84; 16-11-2018 at 11:49 PM.
Old 15-11-2018, 05:53 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
A few weeks ago they said that if we handed the keys back we would be intentionally homeless and would call social services even though the reason we need them out is for their safety.
Old 15-11-2018, 05:57 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
MP? Housing ombudsman? I take it you have exhausted their internal complaints process?
P.s. don't hand the keys back, because what they state is correct.
Old 15-11-2018, 06:03 PM

MP has been involved as had local counciller. He is disgusted but hasn't much say. We have exhausted the internal complaints. When we go there they keep us there all day until just before 5 and reject anything

We called a neighbouring council who were completely different and put us in a hotel for the night, they said they couldn't help because we were still under Worthing but we're disgusted by the way we were treated.
Old 15-11-2018, 06:03 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Very sorry to hear of this, sounds a terrible situation. I don't know enough about this to be able to advise. But I would say that intentionally making yourself homeless, despite the situation, will probably not work in your favour.

I wish you all the best.
Old 15-11-2018, 06:11 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
MP has been involved as had local counciller. He is disgusted but hasn't much say. We have exhausted the internal complaints. When we go there they keep us there all day until just before 5 and reject anything

We called a neighbouring council who were completely different and put us in a hotel for the night, they said they couldn't help because we were still under Worthing but we're disgusted by the way we were treated.
Getting the ball rolling with the housing ombudsman would make sense. I'm afraid there isn't a quick easy answer. Do you have access to legal advice through work etc?

I think it's going to come down to you collating as much evidence as possible, to try to get her to court/evicted for ASB. Are you able to install a discrete camera to record if she comes to your door? Speak to any friendly neighbours, especially those with children, they must be affected too, as several independent complaints will help.

Are EHB able to help you monitor the disturbances and noise nuisance?

Last edited by Terrace Bickle; 15-11-2018 at 06:19 PM.
Old 15-11-2018, 06:39 PM

EHB haven't been great. We are getting a panic putting installed which shows the severity of it yet. Do you think the response from them is personal or do they act like this because of the crisis.

I ordered a camera today which connects to my phone.

Othe4s have complained for months and she was at court Friday and today. She is not allowed anyone at the property after 7 and the person who attacked my wife is not allowed in the area. A neighbour saw two men with baseball bats looking through the window the other day and these people are serious and we'll.known, even the police admitted it. I didn't think about legal side of things at work, I work for a college and I'm sure they will have a legal team.

Thanks Rhino Milk too.
Old 15-11-2018, 06:53 PM
You looking at me?

Is returning to the property out of the question? Could you take some steps to improve security so you feel safer? I hope this doesn't sound daft.

If she breaches the order you or the neighbours will have to be the ones ready to report/record it immediately.

I've no doubt by what you're saying that this creature will breach the order. Hopefully the judge will use their sense and she will get an eviction order. I think the council are probably more concerned that they aren't seen making a 'vulnerable' person homeless. I doubt it's personal, but get a complaint in to the ombudsman if court doesn't get the desired result.

Last edited by Terrace Bickle; 15-11-2018 at 06:56 PM.
Old 15-11-2018, 07:05 PM

Thanks mate. She has the order in place until the next court case in December/January, hopefully the judge does not reverse the injunction. She will mess up for sure but every second with this feels like hell, wish I could be stronger. If she messes up again surely she will be evicted, I'm sure she will breach. Going to do the complaint tomorrow and keep going but it's taking it out of me so much and my wife's struggling now even though she's the strong one.

We will need to return so I've ordered the camera. Just all seems so unfair. She is an animal, she really is and lives in a block full of families.
Old 15-11-2018, 07:31 PM
You looking at me?

It's totally unfair, I'm sorry the it's happening to you. I know it's no consolation but you will be one family in hundreds affected by problem tenants like this. Rest assured she'll be rehoused elsewhere to cause more problems.

You're also being too hard on yourself. I'd be useless if it was me affected and would probably end up in trouble myself. Just try and focus on being meticulous in recording everything, get the support of your neighbours and fingers crossed for you.

Last thing prompt your friendly neighbours to call 999 if there are any issues, even if they do it anonymously. I'm sure there won't but best to be prepared and support each other.

Last edited by Terrace Bickle; 15-11-2018 at 07:34 PM.
Old 15-11-2018, 07:52 PM

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
But surely Sean if they know the problems you have been suffering the different people you have been to see,especially the police and also with your depression,I know it's not straight forward but your council have got to help you,my mate who is ill with cancer got his MP and the citizens advice to help him regarding his benefits, you said your wife was assaulted the other day surely the police have record of this ,and what about that CCJ have you managed to contact the court or at least ask citizens advice to help you with it
Old 15-11-2018, 08:29 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
I fear you may be in for a long haul. My brother's boyfriend was seriously assaulted inside their flat. Lots of witnesses as it spilt into the yard and caught on several cameras. Local rent a fanatical religious mob threatening them on a daily basis, and brother suffering from serious health issues. The council have been f*ck all help.
Old 16-11-2018, 01:16 AM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
I've given you advice on the depression thread but have just thought of this. The fact that your wife was assaulted a few weeks ago, get in touch with the police and ask them to put a marker on your house. Then, from now on any time you dial 999 you should get an immediate responce. Lay it on thick although you shouldn't have to.
Old 16-11-2018, 11:14 AM

pfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can you not put in for a house exchange? I'm sure when of my mates moved from coulsdon to Hayward heath and they were in council residences
Old 16-11-2018, 11:24 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
I don't understand why the council are being so unhelpful. When you say these people doing this are connected, is it possible they are influencing this?

You need to escalate above your council asap for starters. Advice on how here: To view the link you have to Register or Login

As others have said, it sounds like you are coping and dealing with way better than most. Really sorry to read about it happening to you.

Astonished the Citizens Advice can't help more at all, but then I suppose you're already pursuing all channels to help. Did you try Shelter?

keltic eagles's advice sounds very wise if possible, as well as what you've already started - ensuring you record everything that happens and when.

I wonder if there is anyone charitable in your area who may consider housing you all while this is dealt with. Where abouts are you?
Old 16-11-2018, 12:36 PM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Apart from the assault of his wife, surely there's child protection issues here too. How old are your kids Sean? This can't all be about protecting this chaotic woman surely.
Old 16-11-2018, 01:03 PM
You looking at me?

You'll be surprised.
Old 16-11-2018, 02:44 PM

The council have just been shocking, literally made stuff up and done everything they can to make it impossible for us. The kids are 8 and shouldn't have to go through this.
I've tried Shelter but I've exhausted all their avenues. We've got a marker on the property but that only helps so much. They seem to protect her more than us, on the response they said this is not having an impact on our lives....me and my wife are off work, I've gone from 1 to 4 lots of medication and sometimes think awful thoughts about life yet that's not enough. We are looking at a private property this afternoon but won't get it because of credit most likely.
Old 16-11-2018, 08:52 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
The council have just been shocking, literally made stuff up and done everything they can to make it impossible for us. The kids are 8 and shouldn't have to go through this.
I've tried Shelter but I've exhausted all their avenues. We've got a marker on the property but that only helps so much. They seem to protect her more than us, on the response they said this is not having an impact on our lives....me and my wife are off work, I've gone from 1 to 4 lots of medication and sometimes think awful thoughts about life yet that's not enough. We are looking at a private property this afternoon but won't get it because of credit most likely.
Hi Sean, I hope the viewing went well. A long shot but could someone not act as a guarantor for you? I sincerely hope you get some positive news on this very soon.
Old 16-11-2018, 09:29 PM

Thanks mate. The deposit is too high as we haven't had time to save. Don't really have anyone close enough to be a guarantor.