Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: begambleaware.org

Old 28-01-2014, 10:29 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Warner, Watson and Johnson not playing, definitely leaving it for now
Old 28-01-2014, 10:33 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Only 4.5k of 109k matched on the England side, seems v low for a relatively tight matchup, doesn't necessarily means you won't get matched on the England side but may make it best to trade on the Aus side (the odds on side usually the side to trade anyway but not always, some people like to take the blue price even if not as good as laying the odds on side in pink...if that makes sense)
Old 28-01-2014, 10:34 AM

Someone trying to lay at 1.79 and someone taken some of the 1.8, could well drift, need bigger numbers to come in really, GBP 8k+, always nice to see a GBP 20k+ come in, though annoying when you trade and that person changes their mind!

In short I have no idea where the market is going at the moment
Old 28-01-2014, 10:41 AM

Not mentioned for a while, definitely better to trade on a phone rather than PC. iBetMate (and presume the Betfair app) do not duplicate the amounts on the other side (e.g. a lay at 1.8 won't also appear on the other side at 2.24).

Knowing where the money is can help just the queue and get matched, or take the money from the right place (lay at 1.8, don't back at 2.24, laying at 1.8 you are backing at 2.25)

If that's not clear let me know

(there may be a way to get Betfair to not duplicate on a pc/mac but don't think so)
Old 28-01-2014, 11:14 AM

Bigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS Murray
One interest i have picked up in the golf for a trade is Snedeker, currently trading at a large 36.0 (have had chunks at 34.0 & 36.0). Came 2nd last year, Phil is a doubt and can def see that price contracting come Thursday.

His form this season hasnt been great with a T42 i think at Humana and missed the cut last week (extra time to prepare for this ) all that being said, i dont think a player of his quality will be going off at 36.0.
Old 28-01-2014, 11:19 AM

Now very tempted to try to trade in front of the 1.8, though GBP 5k isn't really much of a blocker, still tempted though

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 28-01-2014, 11:23 AM

Does sound reasonable, have to say that making money from multi player markets seems a lot trickier, 2 outcomes is the ideal for me especially as that means you can play both sides (though that's not to say I don't get involved as I do and golf especially can give a bit of interest and be fun) Quite like Snedeker as an early season player though and would not be at all surprised to see him come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtoe82 View Post
One interest i have picked up in the golf for a trade is Snedeker, currently trading at a large 36.0 (have had chunks at 34.0 & 36.0). Came 2nd last year, Phil is a doubt and can def see that price contracting come Thursday.

His form this season hasnt been great with a T42 i think at Humana and missed the cut last week (extra time to prepare for this ) all that being said, i dont think a player of his quality will be going off at 36.0.
Old 28-01-2014, 11:26 AM

Put in a lay of GBP 750 at 1.81, will take it down without a lot of hesitation if some of the blocker dissapears though (not putting some backing at 2.24 as already GBP 600 there)

I would see GBP 1300 lay as standard as this is 50%ish of my bank (ignoring the fact that liability won't actually be 50% as it's the bet that counts), so GBP 750 is a fairly conservative amount, always nice to have a small green before trading bigger numbers, if there were GBP 20k at 1.8 I wouldn't hesitate in going in bigger though

Last edited by Finbar; 28-01-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old 28-01-2014, 11:34 AM

Balls, price drifting with 1p matched, keeping money where it is, if it doesn't get matched tonight then plenty of time tomorrow

Old 28-01-2014, 12:36 PM

Still drifting (now 1.84 to back, 1.85 to lay but not for 4 figures) but not on the back of decent money so more than likely will come back in, not risking it when I have 8hrs sleep ahead of me (before getting up for the Palace match in the morning, I tend to sleep lightly when I have open positions during the night) so will cancel the GBP 750 and see what the morning brings
Old 28-01-2014, 04:39 PM

Bigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS MurrayBigtoe82 FFS Murray

3rd successful trade. Backed for £20" @ 1.89 and laid at my target price of 1.83 for £205.50. Not bad, all a learning curve. Some excellent advice from Finbar and other posters throughout this thread.
Old 28-01-2014, 07:44 PM

Nice one, I don't often get involved in PL so would be interested to see how you go

Might see if any of the o1.5, 2.5, 3.5 goal markets have any potential for tonight
Old 28-01-2014, 08:13 PM

All the PL markets either too much liquidity or not enough, almost layed Liverpool at 1.82 but big bets come in now so the price really could go anywhere

Have a feeling the Aus price may be about to come in but still not getting involved, just hit 1.87 when a big bet at 1.85 came in, but still money at 1.83 and 1.84 holding price where it is, if one of those we're removed would probably get involved

Last edited by Finbar; 28-01-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Old 28-01-2014, 08:20 PM

Quite a bit of that 1.85 been taken, not much behind it so might take it if there is around GBP 1k of it left at any point

edit: well the 1.85 was all taken, by the time I had logged on to watch the Palace game it was all gone, have put in a request at GBP 999 to lay at 1.85, seems to be little interest in backing Aus so happy enough with that for starters, now only GBP 100 or so in front of me

Last edited by Finbar; 28-01-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old 29-01-2014, 09:29 AM

Well 10mins till the game starts and I managed to get a profit on it somehow

Went in too early when I saw GBP 500 or so on offer at 1.95 to lay Aus with nothing to stop it drifting, looked like Aus might even drift to odds against, that was at 12.53pm, this was taken after I took the money

At 1.02pm someone tried to back Aus at 1.93 for GBP 5k, as it turned out England would never go past 1.93 again

When I saw a GBP 10k at 1.9 I tried to trade out by laying at 2.10 which was surprisingly matched so I had only a GBP 7 red

I then backed at 1.89 for GBP 1111, laid most of that off at 1.87 and 1.86, then laid at 1.88 for about GBP 600 again before laying that off at 2.1 (on the other side)

All in all am guaranteed GBP 10 if Aus win and GBP 17 if England win. I should have waited till I saw the GBP 5k at 1.93 or even the GBP 10k at 1.9 but I didn't go in too big when I did go in and was able to salvage it.

My final position

Aus won the toss and their price came in to 1.78, was careful this time to have traded out before the toss
Old 29-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Banned by Moderators

peleus dances before me like a million eyespeleus dances before me like a million eyespeleus dances before me like a million eyespeleus dances before me like a million eyespeleus dances before me like a million eyespeleus dances before me like a million eyespeleus dances before me like a million eyespeleus dances before me like a million eyespeleus dances before me like a million eyespeleus dances before me like a million eyespeleus dances before me like a million eyes
Any tips on the goal markets yet? I couldn't find the right one. [img]https://********.info/cat/10-3/1.gif[/img]
Old 30-01-2014, 02:43 AM

Trying to lay England for tomorrow's 20/20 at 2.22, seems to short to me based on forts match...
Old 30-01-2014, 09:06 AM

Thanks fin, it is interesting to see your thought process. Right, might have my first bad trade; i didnt expect sneds to drift but he tees off this afternoon leaving me with 3 options. Either i trade for a loss (see below), lay some of my steak off or take a slight gamble to see how the morning players get on. Thoughts? I have my preference.

Not sure why the links arent working correctly, they have previously :s

Last edited by Bigtoe82; 30-01-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 30-01-2014, 11:31 AM

ANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You stated above you backed him to lay as you thought the price would contract by today. You got that one wrong and in my opinion should get out before it goes in play.
Old 30-01-2014, 11:51 AM

Andy will always advise the right thing to do

I'll point out that he tees off late in round 1 so you have a chance that his price could get matched before he hits a ball, you need to trade out before he hits a ball though and waiting may cost you more if someone big starts with a low round

Made a tenner today, didn't expect to trade but had a tennis 'tip' and after backing it in real life noticed that there was trading potential. Stand to win more trading than my normal bet and she lost the first set 6-1, humph