Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Running Thread

I had a bad groin about 15 months ago and it doesn't seem to go away- I tried a simple test which was can I hop on it - you know after 1 or 2!'

That was very painful for me and had no choice to see a physio - had regular sessions and had exercises to do. The sitting Buddha stretch to which elbows as close to the knees as possible is one and then has to be done after every run.
Don't do that stretch until you have seen the physio if it's very painful on that test mentioned earlier.

Still took about amother 6 weeks to heal. Came back faster and stronger- used swimming and cycling to keep the cardio up.

Good luck to both
Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Groin or hip-flexor? If you lay on a table with your full length of your legs dangling off, pull your knee from your good side up and as you relax the other leg to see how far it dangles off the table, you should be able to feel the hip flexor tendon stretch out. Its in the crease almost between where your groin starts and the leg begins. The twitching I remember from my hip-flexor injury. I was basically out for 10 + weeks... but it normally recovers quicker than that.

I also did some glute exercises. And strengthening in the legs and glutes, to stop the hip flexor taking all the strain.
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
I have similar groin issue. Doctor told me it was Gilmore's Groin? To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM
What, no boat?

TAK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTAK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTAK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTAK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTAK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTAK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTAK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTAK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTAK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTAK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTAK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For me it's the abductor longus right at the top.
Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Although I have tight hip flexors the pain is in my groin although I wouldn't really describe it as overly painful and I can run through it with ease.
Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I did similar exercise to eagle mart- also walked around barefooted indoors which for some strange reason really helped
Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM

Groinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm permanently plagued by this affliction...
Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Managed 5k this morning for the first time in a while, quite pleased with that, still slow but ever improving

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM

che12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by laboxers View Post
So got my Final Details pack for the London Marathon today, but couldn't work out which colour start I need to be at? Is this just me being a bit durrrrp or do you not find out until you pick up your pack from the Expo?

My number is in the 13k's and I got in via the ballot.
Got mine today too. You are in the blue wave mate, details are to the left on page 26. I am blue wave too.

What you won't find out until you pick up your race number is what start time zone you are in. This is numbered 1 to 9, fastest runners in zone 1 slowest zone 9. What zone you are in is based on the predicted time you put down when you entered the ballot.
Old Today, 09:53 AM

laboxers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaboxers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaboxers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaboxers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaboxers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaboxers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaboxers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaboxers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaboxers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaboxers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaboxers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by che12345 View Post
Got mine today too. You are in the blue wave mate, details are to the left on page 26. I am blue wave too.

What you won't find out until you pick up your race number is what start time zone you are in. This is numbered 1 to 9, fastest runners in zone 1 slowest zone 9. What zone you are in is based on the predicted time you put down when you entered the ballot.
Thanks Che, Yeah I've had a proper read of the magazine this morning and finally spotted that. Thought I would be blue.

Have you done a London before? If so, what sort of time did/are you planning on getting to your start area? I'll be coming from Croydon so think I'll get the train from East Croy to New Cross Gate and walk down to New Cross. Trains are every half hour from there so its either 845 or 915 arrival at Blackheath. Thinking 845 would be best.