Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 16-03-2018, 04:18 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Plagiarism

There’s only so many notes to go round I know and they’ve all done it, but i often hear songs and think ‘wait a minute! That’s...’

What’s your favourite rip offs?

This video of Oasis nicks is quite eye opening. You’d think Noel would’ve covered his tracks a bit better

Staying with the Brit-poppers. Here’s one that always jumped out at me.

14 years earlier...

Both crap songs, but whenever Sam Smith’s ‘Bond song’ comes on the radio, it just sounds a carbon copy of Jacko’s Earth Song. Smith actually won an Oscar for this for best original song.

Old 18-03-2018, 05:07 AM
No Islands in This Desert

welshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

Nick Van Eede won a fair amount of money & royalties for this.
Old 18-03-2018, 06:41 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
I'm sure there's been a thread just like this before.
Old 18-03-2018, 06:44 AM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ed Sheeran
Old 18-03-2018, 07:09 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
I'm sure there's been a thread just like this before.
Old 18-03-2018, 09:07 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Both crap songs, but whenever Sam Smith’s ‘Bond song’ comes on the radio, it just sounds a carbon copy of Jacko’s Earth Song.
Old 18-03-2018, 06:54 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
James Bay’s Hold Back the River is a total rip off of the lumineers’ Charlie Boy

The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 19-03-2018, 12:02 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
I used to know the girl in that screen capture of the Oasis video.
Old 19-03-2018, 04:47 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Both crap songs, but whenever Sam Smith’s ‘Bond song’ comes on the radio, it just sounds a carbon copy of Jacko’s Earth Song.
I’ll see you in court.
Old 31-03-2018, 09:40 PM

Time FFS MurrayTime FFS MurrayTime FFS MurrayTime FFS MurrayTime FFS MurrayTime FFS MurrayTime FFS MurrayTime FFS MurrayTime FFS MurrayTime FFS MurrayTime FFS Murray
Must be some very worried songwriters out there (and some older ones/surviving families equally rubbing their hands in anticipation) after the Blurred Lines court ruling last week.

I sometimes get just a hint of another song, like when I noticed the verses and riff from Busted's What I Go To School For sound rather like those from Dolly Parton's Home.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:36 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Noel Gallagher's always been pretty open about borrowing from other songs, it's not something he tries to sneak through without anyone noticing.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:58 AM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In the Academic World, they now have software linked to the internet and previous students work, which can identify any unattributed sentences and paragraphs in submitted essays and Dissertations. Many students have been failed for unattributed plagiarism. Like music, there's only so many ways of repeating the same information.
Would be interesting if they used the same idea for music. Oasis would never have happened. Rap 'music' would be condensed into 3 albums worth. Grime would be an EP
Old 01-04-2018, 02:47 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Old 01-04-2018, 08:46 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Must be some very worried songwriters out there (and some older ones/surviving families equally rubbing their hands in anticipation) after the Blurred Lines court ruling last week.

I sometimes get just a hint of another song, like when I noticed the verses and riff from Busted's What I Go To School For sound rather like those from Dolly Parton's Home.
If that Blurred Lines ruling stands, then just about every songwriter should be worried.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:19 PM

Time FFS MurrayTime FFS MurrayTime FFS MurrayTime FFS MurrayTime FFS MurrayTime FFS MurrayTime FFS MurrayTime FFS MurrayTime FFS MurrayTime FFS MurrayTime FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
If that Blurred Lines ruling stands, then just about every songwriter should be worried.
I know - it looks like it has been confirmed so troubling times. But good for the arrangers! Trouble is a lot of them won't have the financial resources to pursue those ripping them off through the courts so much will go unchallenged.