Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-10-2017, 05:36 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Zaha & Townsend as a forward line.

Could this be a potential front line without us even knowing? I Like Benteke and he offers good aerial threats but he does make us very one dimensional. Could Andros & Wilf potentially be our first choice forward line with Benteke giving us an alternative option if needed?

They simply couldn’t handle Wilf and Andros today mixing it up.

Thoughts?

Last edited by andyocpfc; 14-10-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old 14-10-2017, 05:37 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
The thought running through my head was what Benteke would have been thinking spectating. I like him when used well, but this was the best we have looked for a long long time.

@RisZero
Old 14-10-2017, 05:38 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
It's an option, but frankly I expect Benteke to improve under Hodgspn too. Used the right way, he's quality.
Old 14-10-2017, 05:42 PM

Reg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Could use benteke as a sub at the end of matches we were so much more mobile today up front without him
Old 14-10-2017, 05:45 PM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Benteke with Zaha and Townsend around him should be a fantastic forward three.
Old 14-10-2017, 05:46 PM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
They were a joy to watch, and between them created enough for us to have got 2/3 more even.

I believe wilf started out as a CF as a kid? I wonder if Andros did too?
Old 14-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Man Of The World

carlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
It's an option, but frankly I expect Benteke to improve under Hodgspn too. Used the right way, he's quality.
Yep. Taking the emphasis away from his height and heading ability, he scored some sublime goals when he played for Villa.
Old 14-10-2017, 05:56 PM

16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
They will play against Newcastle like this for sure. Newcastle will be bricking it!
Old 14-10-2017, 06:02 PM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They were superb today, but they were facing a 343, and will have had more space than usual, and more possibility to get beyond their marker than a 4. But yes, we looked way better with today's attack than the lacklustre Benteke.
Old 14-10-2017, 06:04 PM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
They were a joy to watch, and between them created enough for us to have got 2/3 more even.

I believe wilf started out as a CF as a kid? I wonder if Andros did too?
Most skilful players play up front as kids, as they've got the ability with the ball. It's where they've played as pro's that counts though, not as 15 year olds.
Old 14-10-2017, 06:07 PM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Zaha and Townsend switching in behind Betenke and RLC feeding on the scrapes.
Old 14-10-2017, 06:10 PM

wawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I believe Wickham will suit this better
Old 14-10-2017, 06:31 PM

spotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
More of the same at NUFC please.
Old 14-10-2017, 06:37 PM

spotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespotkick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawman_15 View Post
I believe Wickham will suit this better
Can you expand on this?
Old 14-10-2017, 07:01 PM

Danny1 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDanny1 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDanny1 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDanny1 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDanny1 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDanny1 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDanny1 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDanny1 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDanny1 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDanny1 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDanny1 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito View Post
Yep. Taking the emphasis away from his height and heading ability, he scored some sublime goals when he played for Villa.
One was against us at Selhurst!
Old 14-10-2017, 07:10 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Benteke's work rate off the ball is so low we lose the benefit of having the extra player in midfield. Wilf and Andros chase down, run the channels and take on full-backs as well as get into goalscoring positions. That mean's we're better as a unit than with Benteke up front.

At the very least when he does come back, he'll have to fight for his place - and hopefully that'll mean upping his work rate.

Werner Herzog
Old 14-10-2017, 07:16 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Playing two up top makes us much more balanced. Both Wilf & Andros were outstanding today.
Old 14-10-2017, 07:19 PM
Legednary typo's

passion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A lot of it was about how Roy played them too. Individually strong and well set up tactically ... nice
Old 14-10-2017, 07:23 PM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 14-10-2017, 07:24 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Just think of a front three of Wilf, Townsend and Benteke with Luka, Cabaye and RLC behind.

Sexual.