Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 21-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
When do they announce who gets the combined Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern uber franchise?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 21-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
When do they announce who gets the combined Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern uber franchise?
Apparently Friday.

I have been hearing things from various sources but nothing confirmed or "reliable".
Old 21-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
I knew it was supposed to be May, but then thought we were running out of May.

Prepared to share what unreliable rumours you have heard? If they are all pointing one way that is.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 21-05-2014, 04:45 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Just heard from both First and Southern staff they believe they had it, but then certainly over the last week or so a lot more on Southern side seem to think it will be going to Govia, whilst a few bits and pieces from First seem to point to them having lost the Franchise. I hope it does get announced this week. Feels like it has been dragging on for ages now.

I still get the feeling that Stagecoach, MTR and Abellio bidding for it was merely a padding out process and that the decision was only ever going to come down to the two current incumbents. Let me put it this way, I wouldn't bet my house on any of those three mentioned winning it. I probably wouldn't even stick a tenner on it.
Old 21-05-2014, 04:45 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Apparently Friday.

I have been hearing things from various sources but nothing confirmed or "reliable".
Nothing reliable? So Southern are getting it?
Old 21-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Just heard from both First and Southern staff they believe they had it, but then certainly over the last week or so a lot more on Southern side seem to think it will be going to Govia, whilst a few bits and pieces from First seem to point to them having lost the Franchise. I hope it does get announced this week. Feels like it has been dragging on for ages now.

I still get the feeling that Stagecoach, MTR and Abellio bidding for it was merely a padding out process and that the decision was only ever going to come down to the two current incumbents. Let me put it this way, I wouldn't bet my house on any of those three mentioned winning it. I probably wouldn't even stick a tenner on it.
Thanks. Precisely what happens to the staff in this situation? Does the new operator take them all on?

And can you confirm that the new operator will be forced to introduce Oyster like cards across the network. Was sure there was something on that but cannot recall. Mightly annoying having to run a paper card through the tube ever day.
Old 21-05-2014, 04:56 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Thanks. Precisely what happens to the staff in this situation? Does the new operator take them all on?

And can you confirm that the new operator will be forced to introduce Oyster like cards across the network. Was sure there was something on that but cannot recall. Mightly annoying having to run a paper card through the tube ever day.
Not been around to comment specifically but from what I gather all Drivers, Guards, Platform staff etc will be retained, the ones likely to be moved on are those in management. There was a worry guards would be ditched but Chris Burchell (our now ex MD) said the franchise bidding process stated services had to run DOO on the Thameslink service, nothing about the rest of the network. And FCC run the Thameslink DOO anyway.

The card thing I don't know about, however Southern have the Key up and running quite well now which I believe is a key strength to the bid, I have no idea if First or the other bidders have anything similar in place, or in the Pipeline. I just wish they would hurry up and get the Key working down through Sutton as I keep having to go through the gate which I don't like doing if I can help it.
Old 21-05-2014, 04:59 PM

Mr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Not been around to comment specifically but from what I gather all Drivers, Guards, Platform staff etc will be retained, the ones likely to be moved on are those in management. There was a worry guards would be ditched but Chris Burchell (our now ex MD) said the franchise bidding process stated services had to run DOO on the Thameslink service, nothing about the rest of the network. And FCC run the Thameslink DOO anyway.

The card thing I don't know about, however Southern have the Key up and running quite well now which I believe is a key strength to the bid, I have no idea if First or the other bidders have anything similar in place, or in the Pipeline. I just wish they would hurry up and get the Key working down through Sutton as I keep having to go through the gate which I don't like doing if I can help it.
I was in the school choir with him. Quite good on the French Horn as well IIRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Being the first team to beat them there will never go away, it's like taking the virginity of someone you don't like's sister, just so you can rub it in their face.
Old 21-05-2014, 05:00 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:

I think most staff will be ok... (middle)management on the other hand are on a sticky wicket... a few managers have tried to move to more "secure" jobs recently. I've heard it's between FCC and Southern, although the MD at Southern has recently left, dunno if he has heard a whisper and decided to jump ship. I think whoever gets the franchise will need to invest in a few more staff, as Southern are using agency staff to fill roles... maybe they don't want to fill these jobs until they know they have the next franchise?
The franchise system encourages short termism... why invest in staff/long term business plans only for another comapany to benefit in a few years time?
Old 21-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Statto View Post
I was in the school choir with him. Quite good on the French Horn as well IIRC
Chris was actually a very nice chap the couple of times I met him. Bit of a shame he's gone to Arriva.
Old 21-05-2014, 05:19 PM

CedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
While we're on the subject of trains..this heard at Cannon St this week..

Incoming trains via Bexleyheath line are being diverted due to a TRAIN IN DISTRESS at Eltham. WTF ? Was the train in tears and saying "I can't go on". What they meant was it had broken down. Hilarious!
Old 21-05-2014, 05:29 PM

macstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Had to terminate a west croydon service at selhurst earlier (about 11am) due to an "operational planning error" (i'll explain what it was if you like) at west croydon, about 12 people got forced to get off and wait TWO minutes for the one behind.....

I would like to thank the old gent who shouted at me infront of everyone saying that the railway is "worse than ever" and is a "fvcking joke"........obviously trying to get some support from his fella punters...

I sincerely apologise deeply for that 5 minute delay you had to endure, and really hope that you can find a way of capping that anger you have bottled up over such a minor delay.
Old 21-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Pokemon Trainer

What was the operational planning error?
Old 21-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Had to terminate a west croydon service at selhurst earlier (about 11am) due to an "operational planning error" (i'll explain what it was if you like) at west croydon, about 12 people got forced to get off and wait TWO minutes for the one behind.....

I would like to thank the old gent who shouted at me infront of everyone saying that the railway is "worse than ever" and is a "fvcking joke"........obviously trying to get some support from his fella punters...

I sincerely apologise deeply for that 5 minute delay you had to endure, and really hope that you can find a way of capping that anger you have bottled up over such a minor delay.
Whilst I agree that he should not have shouted at you, it may not have been a minor delay overall. Firstly, he surely would have been pissed off at more than just one delay (probably a few over the last few weeks) otherwise that is a very odd and extreme reaction to one situation; secondly that 5 minute delay may have caused him to miss a connecting train. However, that doesn't mean it is OK to shout at you.

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 21-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

hope the twat didn't ruin your day mate.
Old 21-05-2014, 06:52 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:

I had someone put their cigarette out in my coffee once as a form of protest
Old 21-05-2014, 06:58 PM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Whilst I agree that he should not have shouted at you, it may not have been a minor delay overall. Firstly, he surely would have been pissed off at more than just one delay (probably a few over the last few weeks) otherwise that is a very odd and extreme reaction to one situation; secondly that 5 minute delay may have caused him to miss a connecting train. However, that doesn't mean it is OK to shout at you.
Agreed. In isolation, probably the wrong reaction but after the hassle that everyone has been through this week then it's hardly a surprise.

While it isn't the staffs thought if you're at the front line you're going to take some abuse for the shoddy service your employers are currently offering people who pay a lot of money.
Old 21-05-2014, 07:02 PM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
operational planning error hahaha

who comes up with this crap.
Old 21-05-2014, 08:22 PM

macstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
What was the operational planning error?
They terminated a late running sutton service at west croydon platform 1..4 car,.... it wasnt due out for a while....but a LBG to West Croydon was due in in the meantime...8 car..whoops!. Had to terminate it at selhurst.
Old 21-05-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
operational planning error hahaha

who comes up with this crap.
i just made that term up ;-)