Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 26-11-2014, 04:27 PM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
duck everyone - its the angry driver

chill everyone - no one died.
Hey I'm the happy driver. Bailed out of southern years ago. Drive around Bonnie scotchland Now.Our worst peril is sheep and deer. The passengers get an easy time (well most of the time).
I don't miss the rat race one bit. Plus I get free travel to as many home and away games as I can manage
Old 26-11-2014, 04:32 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I detest Southern but that is the most ridiculous thing I've read on this thread.
Well I suppose you're entitled to your own opinions...
Old 26-11-2014, 04:38 PM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I detest Southern but that is the most ridiculous thing I've read on this thread.
Maybe malarky should give us his phone number and we can all phone him at 3am to let him know we are on our way to work
Old 26-11-2014, 04:49 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltic eagle View Post
Maybe malarky should give us his phone number and we can all phone him at 3am to let him know we are on our way to work
Random
Old 26-11-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Random
And your opinions aren't?
Old 26-11-2014, 05:00 PM
100% CPFC.

Quote:
And your opinions aren't?
Ohhhhh shots fired...

You work for a train company, and your job affects millions. If you get called at 3am for whatever reason, deal with it. You know what you signed up for when you took the job.
Old 26-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Ohhhhh shots fired...

You work for a train company, and your job affects millions. If you get called at 3am for whatever reason, deal with it. You know what you signed up for when you took the job.
Im not sure what you think you know, but judging by you're last few posts it is very very wrong. If you'd like to message me any questions I can try my best to answer them for you. As a driver of almost sixteen years I should be able to answer most.
Old 26-11-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Ohhhhh shots fired...

Ok. I'm going to presume your on the wind up. If not maybe you need to come back on here when you've finished your college course and are in the real world.

As you may have worked out I work for scotrail so im not sure of southerns policy. Our supervisors are not allowed to phone us between 2300hrs and 0700hrs even if we've slept in and failed to turn out. Managers are paid extra money to be 'on call' which is different. Do you seriously think it's acceptable to wake up a whole house hold at daft o'clock.
What makes a train driver any different to a shop worker whose got thousands of customers?
The answer to your statement is no, I did not sign up for the job to be owned by my employer and i think you'll be hard pushed to find anyone who is barring the prime minister or similar posts.
Old 26-11-2014, 05:43 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Ok. I'm going to presume your on the wind up. If not maybe you need to come back on here when you've finished your college course and are in the real world.

As you may have worked out I work for scotrail so im not sure of southerns policy. Our supervisors are not allowed to phone us between 2300hrs and 0700hrs even if we've slept in and failed to turn out. Managers are paid extra money to be 'on call' which is different. Do you seriously think it's acceptable to wake up a whole house hold at daft o'clock.
What makes a train driver any different to a shop worker whose got thousands of customers?
The answer to your statement is no, I did not sign up for the job to be owned by my employer and i think you'll be hard pushed to find anyone who is barring the prime minister or similar posts.
BrotherStreet is a BA pilot and their policy is similar to the above AFAIK (in terms of people having to be formally 'on call'). You're either working, you're 'on call' or you're not working. I'm sure he would be similarly hacked off if they phoned him up at 3am if he was not on call.

Last edited by AndyStreet; 26-11-2014 at 05:46 PM.
Old 26-11-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyStreet View Post
BrotherStreet is a BA pilot and their policy is similar to the above AFAIK (in terms of people having ot be formally 'on call'). You're either working, you're 'on call' or you're not working. I'm sure he would be similarly hacked off if they phoned him up at 3am if he was not on call.
Old 26-11-2014, 05:48 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
1746 Caterham train delayed due to driver delayed by trains
Old 26-11-2014, 06:00 PM
100% CPFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipsisourking View Post
Im not sure what you think you know, but judging by you're last few posts it is very very wrong. If you'd like to message me any questions I can try my best to answer them for you. As a driver of almost sixteen years I should be able to answer most.
It's just the usual thing I think, where people misunderstand things etc...I don't have any questions, I'm just here to complain Cheers though.

Quote:

It isn't acceptable, but if it's urgent then it has to be done...so yeah. What makes train drivers different so shop workers? Don't even think I need to answer that...

Fair enough, if your company aren't allowed to phone you at 3am but still do then it's unacceptable, and you're right to complain. But, not sure how else to put this, I just don't think train drivers really have a right to complain about much else that's train-related. Our daily lives are in your hands, we don't want you to complain about anything, we just want you to get on with your jobs...that's all really.
Old 26-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's just the usual thing I think, where people misunderstand things etc...I don't have any questions, I'm just here to complain
Here's a hint.

When you think everyone is misunderstanding what you are trying to say the problem is far more likely to lie with you than them.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 26-11-2014, 06:09 PM
100% CPFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Here's a hint.

When you think everyone is misunderstanding what you are trying to say the problem is far more likely to lie with you than them.
Nah definitely the opposite...
Old 26-11-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
It's just the usual thing I think, where people misunderstand things etc...I don't have any questions, I'm just here to complain Cheers though.

It isn't acceptable, but if it's urgent then it has to be done...so yeah. What makes train drivers different so shop workers? Don't even think I need to answer that...

Fair enough, if your company aren't allowed to phone you at 3am but still do then it's unacceptable, and you're right to complain. But, not sure how else to put this, I just don't think train drivers really have a right to complain about much else that's train-related. Our daily lives are in your hands, we don't want you to complain about anything, we just want you to get on with your jobs...that's all really.
I think it would help people understand you a lot more if you did explain your fascination about train drivers and let us know why we are any different to any other occupation. I was generalising when I said shop workers.

Ok . maybe we are overpaid? Am I getting warm.

Maybe Andystreet can help me here. He's a pilot. Hm. Very well paid. He's the man who takes you on holiday. Your sitting on his plane on the tarmac. It develops a fault. Someone fixes it but then Andy comes on the tannoy and tells you that you are to be further delayed because he's over his hours.

No different to my job buddy. We are governed by rules and regulations. Would you not rather your flight delayed or a pilot sleeping on the job.
Would you feel safe travelling on my train knowing I've hardly any sleep due to phone calls at obscene hours or not taking proper rest breaks etc
Old 26-11-2014, 06:15 PM

AndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Awesome - I've had an overnight career change.
Old 26-11-2014, 06:17 PM

You're right though that my brother and his band of glorified flying bus drivers have all sorts of safety shit going on. And he is rarely ever working, the lazy ****.
Old 26-11-2014, 06:19 PM
100% CPFC.

Quote:
Awesome - I've had an overnight career change.
Care to help? He said you could help...

Anyway, I didn't think it would be rocket science but apparently it now is. It's simple imo:

1. A shop worker puts things on shelves. If he puts apple pie on the shelf and you want apple pie, then you get apple pie. If he doesn't put apple pie on the shelf but you still want apple pie, then it's a sad day.
2. A train driver affects if you are late for work/uni/palace/etc/etc...

I find a big difference between the two personally.

Anyways, you can complain about being phoned at 3am if your company isn't supposed to be doing that...but please don't complain about anything else to do with trains, that's our job...

Last edited by Malarkey; 26-11-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 26-11-2014, 06:25 PM

Maybe they want the network and/or service provided to improve just as much as we do. Maybe they have genuine grievances about labour practices, or working conditions, or corporate behaviours, or governance. I'm not entirely sure of the point you're trying to make here now that you have moved beyond stating that it is acceptable to call someone who is not contracted to be working on a certain day at 3am on that day.

Many people complain about their jobs on here and that's fair enough - nobody has to read it if they don't want to.
Old 26-11-2014, 06:30 PM
100% CPFC.

Quote:
Maybe they want the network and/or service provided to improve just as much as we do. Maybe they have genuine grievances about labour practices, or working conditions, or corporate behaviours, or governance. I'm not entirely sure of the point you're trying to make here now that you have moved beyond stating that it is acceptable to call someone who is not contracted to be working on a certain day at 3am on that day.

Many people complain about their jobs on here and that's fair enough - nobody has to read it if they don't want to.
I wasn't really trying to make a point tbh...was just answering his question about the differences between a shop worker and a train driver...but then he said he was generalising so that changed everything...

Anyways...