Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 24-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

The new franchise is being let as a management contract where ticket revenues are passed directly to the government rather than retained by Govia, the train company said.

It is the first time a rail franchise has been awarded under such terms.

A Department for Transport (DfT) spokesman said train fare and season ticket pricing policy would be unaffected.

The government will pay 8.9bn to Govia over the course of the seven year franchise with the government expecting to receive around 12.4bn back in ticket sales from Govia by the end of the franchise.

The DfT spokesman said the new contract reduced the chances of rail operators "handing back the keys" to the government as happened with the East Coast mainline.

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 24-05-2014, 10:44 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Shipsisourking, mushroom and macstar, also hull eagle. Smoz is a signaller. Its a railway club with selhurst so close. We should be called Locomotive Palace
And of course Jermey Hoskings he owns a few kettles on wheels
Old 24-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Would love to learn to drive a steam engine. Probably incredibly hard but must be an amazing feeling.
Old 24-05-2014, 10:59 PM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipsisourking View Post
I'm based at Crewe with London Midland. Started at Norwood under connex jan 2000
I was Norwood 86 to 88 then Victoria central til 92 and Scotland from 92 til present
Old 24-05-2014, 11:01 PM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
The best depot.
So which depot on southern is the best depot?
Old 24-05-2014, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Would love to learn to drive a steam engine. Probably incredibly hard but must be an amazing feeling.
I think it would be shite mate. Too noisy and smelly and cold in the winter
Old 24-05-2014, 11:07 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
From what I learnt on a one day course at the bluebell it's very hard physical work but great fun if a bit frightening knowing that one wrong move and you could break a 130 year old bit of kit
Old 25-05-2014, 06:40 AM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltic eagle View Post
I was Norwood 86 to 88 then Victoria central til 92 and Scotland from 92 til present
A certain Tony B (won't say his surname) must have been you're traction inspector/ driver manager. Whereabouts in Scotland are you based?
Old 25-05-2014, 06:44 AM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Sounds tidy. I bet you dont have many sundays uncovered over there
Not many at all
Old 25-05-2014, 07:01 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not many at all
We have a rdw ban from monday to friday, so the only overtime we can do is the only saturday off every 3 weeks, or sundays. Rather than pay an overtime rate, they believe they will cover them by restricting the overtime to weekends.
Old 25-05-2014, 07:15 AM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
The best depot.
Selhurst men say that, until they leave and then slag it off something rotten !
Old 25-05-2014, 08:03 AM
Old member.

Quote:
We have a rdw ban from monday to friday, so the only overtime we can do is the only saturday off every 3 weeks, or sundays. Rather than pay an overtime rate, they believe they will cover them by restricting the overtime to weekends.
Is this with scotrail?
Old 25-05-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
A certain Tony B (won't say his surname) must have been you're traction inspector/ driver manager. Whereabouts in Scotland are you based?
Tony B doesn't ring a bell but then again those days are a bit of a blur if you know what I mean (good old days and all that). At Norwood I was only a secondman so didn't have much to do with inspectors.

I was at Edinburgh waverly 92 til 09 and am now at a new depot that opened in 2009 in Bathgate. That was a free move being a new depot and about 20 minutes from my house. I live in Stirling and tried moving to Stirling depot about 10 years ago but was told i had no more moves as I'd used it under BR in 92 moving from London to Scotland. Never had a move since privatisation apart from the freebie. Bit of a sore subject but kept hitting a brick wall when I kicked off about it.
Old 25-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
You'd have thought under privatisation you might have got a new Clause 8(ii). My mate keeps trying to persuade me to move depot but I don't really want to waste my move, rather do my time then move out a bit to be honest.
Old 25-05-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
You'd have thought under privatisation you might have got a new Clause 8(ii). My mate keeps trying to persuade me to move depot but I don't really want to waste my move, rather do my time then move out a bit to be honest.
Which depot are you at?
Old 25-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

The new franchise is being let as a management contract where ticket revenues are passed directly to the government rather than retained by Govia, the train company said.

It is the first time a rail franchise has been awarded under such terms.

A Department for Transport (DfT) spokesman said train fare and season ticket pricing policy would be unaffected.

The government will pay 8.9bn to Govia over the course of the seven year franchise with the government expecting to receive around 12.4bn back in ticket sales from Govia by the end of the franchise.

The DfT spokesman said the new contract reduced the chances of rail operators "handing back the keys" to the government as happened with the East Coast mainline.
Is this an acceptable compromise between nationalisation and privatisation? Sounds like quite a good idea to me.
Old 25-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltic eagle View Post
Which depot are you at?
Selhurst.
Old 25-05-2014, 09:28 AM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There a quite a few ex selhurst men at my depot, you can always tell by the way they brake. Later and harder than other drivers.
Old 25-05-2014, 09:33 AM
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by croydonexile View Post
There a quite a few ex selhurst men at my depot, you can always tell by the way they brake. Later and harder than other drivers.
What depot are you then?
Old 25-05-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by croydonexile View Post
I spent 2 months at selhurst before getting my appointment at Vic. Never drove a train for them but I get accused of heavy braking all the time. That was how we did it in those days i suppose. Creature of habit me.

What depot are you at croydon exile?