Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 17-01-2018, 01:10 PM
Semi retired idiot

penguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSize View Post
Imagine Aguero winning goal to win the league going back to VAR. Will eventually destroy all emotion which is 50% why people love the game
I would prefer to postpone the emotion of scoring by a few seconds, rather than suffer the despair of finding out later on MOTD that we had a winning goal incorrectly ruled out.
Old 17-01-2018, 02:50 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
67 seconds. Without VAR the Leicester players might have spent that long arguing it and going over to the linesman etc.

Last night was very close, so as long as the lino's don't get complacent and rely on VAR it has the capacity to make the game more reliable.

How many games have had VAR now? 4/5? How many decisions have held the game up and we know that an incorrect match defining decision has been corrected.

Need a bigger sample of matches but people complaining that there was not much emotion when they scored it is probably partly because they didn't. The only time the goal was awarded was after VAR.
Old 17-01-2018, 03:14 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin7 View Post
I would prefer to postpone the emotion of scoring by a few seconds, rather than suffer the despair of finding out later on MOTD that we had a winning goal incorrectly ruled out.
Potentially, you could have double the celebration - initially as it goes in, then a big "downer" whilst you wait and then celebrating again!

For comparison though, I imagine it will be like when we got the penalty versus Watford in the play off final. Initial jubilation at the penalty decision, then nervous as **** waiting for it to be taken, and then more a relief that we'd scored than celebration! I did almost feel "cheated" out of our moment!

In terms of offside decisions, it would only take some fancy AI to be built into the technology, and you could potentially take offsides away from the assistant referees, in much the same way goal line technology has done for that instance. It would obviously be much harder, as you'd need to build in things like when is a player active, when is the ball played etc, but I would imagine that may be the next step forward.
Old 17-01-2018, 03:22 PM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
I don't want it or like it, wrong decisions and the emotions are everything that makes going to football great. Turning live football into tv football is not the way forward.
Personally speaking, I don't see how anyone can be anti VAR - I find it utterly perplexing.

My only criticism would be that maybe the crowd should be able to hear the deliberations, like in rugby.
Old 17-01-2018, 03:26 PM
This

Galo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The response time is aimed to be 30 seconds. That's quicker than it is usually to take a corner, goal kick or making a sub. They should show the replay on the big screen once the decision has been made, so the fans at the game can see why it was given either way.

I'd rather they get the right decision, than be peed for days afterwards. Those Tommy Black (vs Leeds) and Freddie Sears (vs Bristol City) goals that weren't given still annoy me.
Old 17-01-2018, 03:27 PM

gjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTheEagle View Post
Personally speaking, I don't see how anyone can be anti VAR - I find it utterly perplexing.

My only criticism would be that maybe the crowd should be able to hear the deliberations, like in rugby.
I am not sure I am anti it, I am just not sure its really needed.

If VAR makes top level matches better will non-league football cease to exist or stop being exciting because decisions made by professionals are not 100% accurate?
Old 17-01-2018, 03:29 PM

gjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galo View Post
The response time is aimed to be 30 seconds. That's quicker than it is usually to take a corner, goal kick or making a sub. They should show the replay on the big screen once the decision has been made, so the fans at the game can see why it was given either way.

I'd rather they get the right decision, than be peed for days afterwards. Those Tommy Black (vs Leeds) and Freddie Sears (vs Bristol City) goals that weren't given still annoy me.
I really want to counter these arguments with an example where Palace have had a incorrect decision go our way and we've benefited greatly - unfortunately I cant think of a single one.
Maybe I should change my opinion on VAR!!
Old 17-01-2018, 03:34 PM
Grrrrrrr.......

Ev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galo View Post

That's goal-line technology (which we already have and surely nobody argues against), not VAR.
Old 17-01-2018, 03:46 PM
This

Galo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev View Post
That's goal-line technology (which we already have and surely nobody argues against), not VAR.
That's true, okay lets have the Sako penalty from the other night then.
Old 17-01-2018, 09:09 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Presumably, if Moss had blown before Iheanacho had put it in, they couldn’t have given a goal as Fleetwood would have claimed that they stopped playing at the whistle?

The problem that raises is that there is a danger that referees and assistants start abdicating their responsibility and rely on the VAR to the detriment of the defending team.

It starts with assistants either not flagging, or referees ignoring the flag, in the knowledge that VAR will correct them and disallow the goal if they’re wrong; this being the ‘safe’ option because it avoids criticism that they would get if they were to flag/blow when it wasn’t offside.

The problem is that what that leads to; the unflagged offside player shoots and the keeper saves and the ball gets put out for a corner. The defending team, who should have a free-kick for offside, now have to defend a corner which they shouldn’t be facing and have effectively been penalised for VAR being in place as it isn’t used for corners conceded. At its’ most extreme they could concede from what should have been their free-kick.
Old 17-01-2018, 09:34 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Complicating a simple game. Meant to be a sport, where we accept best endeavours from all concerned.
Old 17-01-2018, 09:52 PM

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Quote:

I am

I hate it

I love the drama of football, the human side of it, the was it right/wrong decisions etc
Old 17-01-2018, 09:57 PM

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Also, hearing the deliberations is asking for trouble re penalty decisions, I thought there should have had a penalty last night when the player was held back in the box, however the VAR ref decided not..... many penalty decisions are purely a personal judgement
Old 17-01-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Away View Post
Well I am all in favour. Yes it may take a few minutes out of the game but so do injuries. Yes it may be annoying to have a goal chalked off after a 2 minute wait.

But nothing is more annoying than seeing a goal awarded for a clear error. Think this season's home game vs Everton and Niasse's 'dive' which gave Everton a penalty. Yes he was banned afterwards but what use was that to us? We were winning 2-1. We ended up drawing 2-2. 2 points lost.
Think last season's game vs Hull when Snodgrass dived for a penalty and Scott Dann got booked. Video replays showed Dann did not even touch him! Result 3:3. Another 2 points lost.
Imagine if that is at the end of the season and you get relegated by 1-2 points.
Plus, most dodgy decisions usually go for the big clubs and against the smaller clubs so we should certainly not be complaining.

Yes I get that VAR is slightly disruptive but nothing is worse than an appalling refereeing gaffe not being corrected. If your team score a goal and it is then annulled because it was handball then you cannot really complain. (Watford 2:2 Southampton - Watford 'scored' in injury time and Saints, who are in a relegation battle, lost 2 valuable points).
Ok, so what about our penalty against Man City this season? many thought it wasnt a pen, some did... then what?! VAR wouldnt make a difference... pointless
Old 17-01-2018, 10:06 PM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
I am

I hate it

I love the drama of football, the human side of it, the was it right/wrong decisions etc
There will still be drama in the sport. Any sport that allows anything like that Freddie Sears non-goal to happen is just prehistoric.
Old 17-01-2018, 10:10 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
There will still be drama in the sport. Any sport that allows anything like that Freddie Sears non-goal to happen is just prehistoric.
Agree with the last part of that, and that is why the goal-line technology installed is good, it's instant and the decision is an absolute matter of fact.

The problem is too many decisions are a matter of opinion.
Old 17-01-2018, 10:14 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Any major decisions that are 50/50 the ref will have to give the last word and that’s that

However any major decisions that are completely wrong can be corrected with VAR, think Snodgrass
Old 17-01-2018, 10:20 PM
face and voice for radio

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
The concept is sound. The execution is shite.

What did we expect though?

And the crowds will continue to turn up, VAR or not.
Old 17-01-2018, 11:14 PM

Tonight’s game shows how crap it is
Old 17-01-2018, 11:15 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Yep, it’s crap.