Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 17-01-2018, 11:15 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
VARy poor.
Old 17-01-2018, 11:31 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
This is genuine utter bollocks.
Old 17-01-2018, 11:47 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
I am

I hate it

I love the drama of football, the human side of it, the was it right/wrong decisions etc
This.

If you take the argument out of every decision through retrospective video evidence then WTF are we all going to discuss or argue about in the pub on a Sunday? I love that element of being a football fan.

I’m sure it suits the massive football betting audience but it does fuck all for those who actually go to games.

Last edited by Blind_Eagle; 17-01-2018 at 11:49 PM.
Old 17-01-2018, 11:51 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
Tonight’s game shows how crap it is
What happened?

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 17-01-2018, 11:57 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
What happened?
Possible penalty/dive, given as dive by ref and player booked. Arguably there was contact, although maybe as a result of player leaving his foot dangling while hurdling the defender (should he have to?). Needless to say there’s disagreement over whether it’s a dive or a penalty that VAR can’t sort because the decision is a matter of opinion, not absolute fact.
Old 18-01-2018, 12:03 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
I think it’s obvious that VAR isn’t going to change any 50/50 decisions, even if it’s 80/20 it will not override the ref

It will only overrule a refs decision if it is 100% wrong, a miscarriage of justice or a matter of fact
Old 18-01-2018, 12:03 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
Possible penalty/dive, given as dive by ref and player booked. Arguably there was contact, although maybe as a result of player leaving his foot dangling while hurdling the defender (should he have to?). Needless to say there’s disagreement over whether it’s a dive or a penalty that VAR can’t sort because the decision is a matter of opinion, not absolute fact.
Which is why the VAR criteria is clear and obvious. Offsides can be clear, this pen/dive was subjective.

All the pundits thought it a clear pen. I agreed with ref, he pushed the ball too far forward, dived and sought contact on the way down.
Old 18-01-2018, 12:04 AM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I thought it was a penalty all day long. The sort that we don't get week in week out. But to book him was a real punch in the bollocks
Old 18-01-2018, 12:05 AM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Willian was a penalty any one who thinks differently must have come over from Hol !

I also think that Morato should have had a penalty, in the penalty area with a Norwich player grabbing him end of story.

Just before the end of the game Willian was fouled and ignored by the ref.
Old 18-01-2018, 12:06 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Just to add to the confusion, Sky keep talking about the ref not referring to VAR but it was my understanding that it wasn’t the ref that made the referral; from the BBC “It can only be implemented for a clear and obvious error - not if the referee decides he wants another check”
Old 18-01-2018, 12:07 AM

Good Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I take it that unless it is 'clear and obvious' that a decision was incorrect, the VAR will always side with the match referee. In that I case I understand why a penalty for the incident with Willian was not given. While it looked a penalty and many would believe it should have been a penalty, it definitely was not clear and obvious and thus surely the VAR was obliged to go with the referee's call. The VAR is not a second opinion but rather someone who corrects an objective wrong.
Old 18-01-2018, 12:10 AM

SuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think all decisions were actually right.

Willian keeps his trailing foot out after he’s already jumped over the defenders leg. The Norwich defender doesn’t cause the actual fall from Willian.

Morata is a typical modern footballer, whinge about everything that goes against him. Again not a penalty, he’s pretty much away from the defender and if he stays on his feet he can square it across the box.
Old 18-01-2018, 12:10 AM

westsussexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Its not a pen, he's trailed his leg and tried to buy one.
Correct decision.
Old 18-01-2018, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Shipp View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I take it that unless it is 'clear and obvious' that a decision was incorrect, the VAR will always side with the match referee. In that I case I understand why a penalty for the incident with Willian was not given. While it looked a penalty and many would believe it should have been a penalty, it definitely was not clear and obvious and thus surely the VAR was obliged to go with the referee's call. The VAR is not a second opinion but rather someone who corrects an objective wrong.
The ‘clear and obvious’ is correct as I understand it, too. What is less clear is that in whose opinion is it clear and obvious.
Old 18-01-2018, 12:11 AM

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Shipp View Post
That’s how I see it

Unless it’s obvious and factual forget all about VAR getting involved.
Old 18-01-2018, 12:13 AM

desperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is here
I thought the BT presenters did well last night to keep straight faces when talking about 'clear and obvious refereeing errors' and Jonathan Moss in the same discussion
It is five!
Old 18-01-2018, 12:13 AM

CPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
Willian was a penalty any one who thinks differently must have come over from Hol !

I also think that Morato should have had a penalty, in the penalty area with a Norwich player grabbing him end of story.

Just before the end of the game Willian was fouled and ignored by the ref.
Morata dived. If you are running and someone pulls your shoulder hard enough to lose balance (which he didn’t by the way) you don’t fall forwards with your arms outstretched.

Ref deserves praise for the yellow for the dive and then the 2nd yellow when he copes an earful.
Old 18-01-2018, 12:15 AM

It won’t be that helpful as I think under the criteria the Niasse dive would still have stood, he initiated a very (very) slight contact so it would probably go with the refs decision.
Old 18-01-2018, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC247 View Post
Morata dived. If you are running and someone pulls your shoulder hard enough to lose balance (which he didn’t by the way) you don’t fall forwards with your arms outstretched.

Ref deserves praise for the yellow for the dive and then the 2nd yellow when he copes an earful.
He looked for the penalty but there was contact so I think the yellow was harsh, wave it away and get on with the game imo
Old 18-01-2018, 12:17 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
This.

If you take the argument out of every decision through retrospective video evidence then WTF are we all going to discuss or argue about in the pub on a Sunday? I love that element of being a football fan.

I’m sure it suits the massive football betting audience but it does fuck all for those who actually go to games.
And yet here we are discussing and arguing about a game with VAR.

Of course there’ll still be things to talk about.

I actually like it. Needs tweaking a bit, but it will just stop real injustices 9 times out of 10. Okay, so tonight Willan should’ve got a spot kick but that will be a very rare occurrence with VAR.