Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-02-2013, 11:53 AM

paul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTuttles
Was it an old graveyard? I've a real feeling of a "From Dusk Til Dawn" scenario
I know the atmosphere in the Arthur used to be dead but...........

There's only 2 Dougie Freedmans
Old 22-02-2013, 12:04 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehalifaxman
The AW is a potential worry. I think the club tried to get insurance against there being something grim underneath it. Not sure what type or what is grim. Think it's something to do with what the stand is built on and if that's gonna make it fall down or poison everyone. Charlton fan in city told me this so not too reliable a source. Not sure how said insurance would work but club under Jordan tried to get it.

Best to just go cpp really
My first thoughts were indian burial ground, then early pikey caravan. Any stand that is trying to fall down and poison everyone at the same time is pure evil in my book.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 22-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Uzi Lover

Boyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for you
I think to have any chance of CPP would need the local Palace supporting residents to step up. When the initial proposal came up the Virtual Norwood forums had plenty of posts from residents worried about how such an influx of people would affect "their park" which I feel massively misses the point. We're not a random church looking to descend on them out of nowhere - for a lot of people it's as much our park as well as theirs.

I remember reading a post from someone who asked a landlord of one of the local pubs (Westow House) what they thought of it, and he was apparently against the idea of the place being occupied by fans on a Saturday afternoon. Apart from the fact that the whole post seemed a bit dubious to me, I found it a bit laughable because myself and my mates often drink there pre-match already. We don't wear colours, we don't get massively pissed up and we don't shout and swear like dockers. We're not all like that by any stretch.
Old 22-02-2013, 12:45 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
I think the only realistic option is to redevelop Selhurst. The planning alone for CPP would be millions.

We won't even own the land any new stadium at CPP anyway, so we'll be paying on top of the building cost to lease the land.
Old 22-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino
I'll try explaining this again, the idea is to knock out the current back part of the stand (where the AWM go) along with the roof. This would at least double the available space for a concourse as well as push the back of the roof starting point by at least 10 metres away from Park Road.

Yes this would reduce the capacity but because the roof has been moved away from the houses it would mean it could start at a higher point, meaning we could probably put a 2nd mini-tier along with some exec boxes.
You sir, are an absolute genius, and it is a superb solution.

I've mocked up exactly what you've proposed (excuse the crudeness of my cross-section), and you are dead right.

It would give the Arthur Wait Stand more than double the concourse, a much lighter and airier stand, a premium upper tier along the side of the pitch, and the Park Road houses opposite would not suffer adversely from any removal of light

Brilliant!

"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 22-02-2013, 01:44 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle
You sir, are an absolute genius, and it is a superb solution.

I've mocked up exactly what you've proposed (excuse the crudeness of my cross-section), and you are dead right.

It would give the Arthur Wait Stand more than double the concourse, a much lighter and airier stand, a premium upper tier along the side of the pitch, and the Park Road houses opposite would not suffer adversely from any removal of light

Brilliant!

Would it be possible to extend the upper tier towards the pitch more? Otherwise the seats you gain will only replace the ones removed to make room for the concourse surely? It would be a great idea if the upper tier could increase the capacity though.

I still think a new build, even if on the car park next door, would.be far less problematic.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 22-02-2013, 01:52 PM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If we are serious about redeveloping the Selhurst, you would have to accommodate executive/directors boxes in the Arthur and possible new changing rooms. Corporate entertaining is where the money is, you cannot do with out it.These need to be in place before knocking down the old stand.
Old 22-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
No, season tickets are where the money is
Old 22-02-2013, 01:57 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifill Over
If we are serious about redeveloping the Selhurst, you would have to accommodate executive/directors boxes in the Arthur and possible new changing rooms. Corporate entertaining is where the money is, you cannot do with out it.These need to be in place before knocking down the old stand.
Executive boxes are not in the Main stand, what you would lose is Speroni's Glaziers, Players and Stephensons.

Main stand will surely be the first to be developed if no changes to where the pitch is.
Old 22-02-2013, 01:58 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Nope.

TV is where the money is.
Old 22-02-2013, 02:02 PM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo
Executive boxes are not in the Main stand, what you would lose is Speroni's Glaziers, Players and Stephensons.

Main stand will surely be the first to be developed if no changes to where the pitch is.
True, but exec boxes behind the goal is not ideal, especially if you plan to put seating on top of the Sainsbury's as per the original plans.
Old 22-02-2013, 02:06 PM

david sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I love the way Dave is an expert on literally every topic
Old 22-02-2013, 02:12 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Brighton have over 20 thousand season ticket holders and are still losing 8 million a year.
Old 22-02-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifill Over
True, but exec boxes behind the goal is not ideal, especially if you plan to put seating on top of the Sainsbury's as per the original plans.
Think the original RN plans has exec boxes betweek the 2 tiers all the way round the ground but they weren't put in to the Holemsdale. Would expect new Main stand and new AW will have them installed.

I think the current ones were only designed to be temporary.
Old 22-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi
Brighton have over 20 thousand season ticket holders and are still losing 8 million a year.
That's because they are not adhering to financial fair play not because they are not getting corporate bums on seats IMHO
Old 22-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by david sylvian
I love the way Dave is an expert on literally every topic
Haters hate.

Just expressing an opinion
Old 22-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Around the Fur

Seba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo
Nope.

TV is where the money is.
So if we redevelop... we need to include more TVs?!?
Old 22-02-2013, 02:39 PM

may blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by janerz
Having been to shearer's @ Newcastle, there's deffo money to be made in something like that. But the location @ Selhurst let's the idea down. If it was in CPP then that's a different ball game
Have to agree with this. If I had a spare afternoon I would travel to CPP for a few pints at a Palace ground in CPP and have a wander around the park, etc. but I wouldn't go near Selhurst even if it was spruced up. The surrounding area is just not appealing enough for a snob like me I'm afraid.
Old 22-02-2013, 02:41 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Have we got a new name for it?

If there is a reduced capacity, can we call it the "half a Waite"?

Will the new roof be known as the over Waite?

Last edited by dim; 22-02-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 22-02-2013, 02:42 PM

GanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba
So if we redevelop... we need to include more TVs?!?
Lets count to a thousand in TVs

1) Eddie Izzard