Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 30-10-2017, 11:45 AM
Class Warrior

Dom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Some brilliant piss taking on Park Road after the game.
Old 30-10-2017, 02:03 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
If you take the ball to the corner then the refs should be more leniant to the team trying to get it back. Might think twice about dribblibg it out there and forming a shield if you are going to get clattered.
I dont consider taking the ball to the corner and shielding it time wasting, it's controlling the ball defensively. Time wasting is going down injured falsely, walking off the pitch slowly or taking longer on anything between play that you would do normally and that is intentional cheating. Atleast keeping the ball requires football skill.
Old 30-10-2017, 02:12 PM

liberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It’s not “football” though, is it?
Old 30-10-2017, 03:48 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal clubber View Post
It’s not “football” though, is it?
How is it not football? you are keeping possession of the football while in play, there is nothing wrong with it, it is playing defensively. It is frustrating for the team without the ball but it is a fair tactic, whereas the other time wasting activites used whilst the ball isnt in play, is cheating.
Old 30-10-2017, 04:24 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom the Eagle View Post
Some brilliant piss taking on Park Road after the game.
Please elaborate so I can squeeze every last bit of enjoyment out of this result.
Old 30-10-2017, 04:28 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiomike View Post
Interesting point. A shame however Jose Fonte was booed when clearly genuinely injured
Was a shame he got booed but he still took the longest way off the pitch instead of just going behind the goal
Old 30-10-2017, 04:40 PM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
No. All Antonio had to do was stay in the corner and game over with time wasting on their part working perfectly. He is 100% to blame
He should have stayed in the corner but there was still a hell of a lot to do once Speroni had the ball. Zaha even managed to turn in the box before a shot which I though Hart should have done better with. Bloody Great though
Old 30-10-2017, 05:05 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiomike View Post
Interesting point. A shame however Jose Fonte was booed when clearly genuinely injured
This, it was disgusting. Anyone know what he injured? Wife thinks fifth metatarsal.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 30-10-2017, 05:06 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
People booed Fonte because he shunned going the quick way off the pitch behind the goal, insisting that he could run to the side, made about four yards and then started hopping.
They were booing long before that.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 30-10-2017, 05:08 PM

SW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
No. All Antonio had to do was stay in the corner and game over with time wasting on their part working perfectly. He is 100% to blame
He would not have needed to, had they not had 6 mins of injury time. Serves them right for behaving like a bunch of Italian players from the 80's
Old 30-10-2017, 05:43 PM
crap ball gazer!

bald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
we're too soft on ex players. Fine, give a clap and a cheer when they come out for the line up, after that anything goes - they are the opposition don't forget!
Old 30-10-2017, 05:43 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
TBF, he got a good applause once he left the pitch and headed towards the tunnel.

Perhaps most thought he was just taking the mickey and then clapped when realised he was in trouble... mind it was pretty obvious a long time before they stopped booing! Couldn't bring myself to boo a top player for us as annoying as the delay was.
Old 30-10-2017, 05:44 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bald-eagle View Post
we're too soft on ex players. Fine, give a clap and a cheer when they come out for the line up, after that anything goes - they are the opposition don't forget!
Not sure you can say that

He got booed while injured, meanwhile West Ham fans sang James Tomkins name for half the game including when he nearly scored!
Old 30-10-2017, 05:50 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Not sure you can say that

He got booed while injured, meanwhile West Ham fans sang James Tomkins name for half the game including when he nearly scored!
Not all the songs they sang about Tomkins were positive ones!
Old 31-10-2017, 09:21 AM

Lords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
I agree. It works perfectly in rugby. But football won’t change because it thrives on the drama and controversy.
Also rugby is more of a natural stop/start game anyway that's why they stop the clock when the game is stopped.
Old 31-10-2017, 01:54 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God View Post
US paper because Im abroad at the moment and it came up on my google search first, but I actually read it first on the BBC football site months again, so the source is relevent what ever paper it is.

The rules have been changing with Goal-line technology and video replays, Fifa has been making changes that actually happen.
They've certainly been picking up lots of loose change...........
Old 31-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hong Kong Eagle View Post
This is a well made point. Having the away fans in that corner means the closet target for their abuse is the family stand

I know the question is where else to put them but I have seen some really bad stuff being directed at basically families and kids

I have no solution just saying
Was watching some of the West Ham vids on the net (love it when the goal went in) and trust me there were a few Palace in the family stand giving it some to the West Ham support winding them up
Old 31-10-2017, 02:15 PM

Sharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
This, it was disgusting. Anyone know what he injured? Wife thinks fifth metatarsal.
Looked like the third from where I was standing. Also noticed his nail varnish was chipped on his little finger of the left hand, but I wasn't paying much attention.
Old 31-10-2017, 02:16 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
This is just glorious

To view the link you have to Register or Login

They've gotten so many undeserved wins at Selhurst recently so this result great. Even though Joe Hart suddenly remembered he's an international class goalkeeper and stopped us getting a win.
Old 31-10-2017, 02:21 PM
The hero of Shadow Moses?

Levski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcp View Post
Rotherham away, about 15 years ago. The first half finished after 4pm. Never happened again from memory....
I vaguely remember listening to that game on the radio. Wasn't that the opening game of the season, when refs were told to religiously keep adding minutes on for almost any stoppage, e.g. a goal is one extra minute, a direct free kick is another minute, or something like that?

I remember the commentators being bemused and said it was like when a rule is slightly changed before say a World Cup when refs have been told to 'clamp down' on diving or somesuch, which is then heavily policed in the first couple of games then quietly dropped. That seemed to be what happened here.

Did it really involve a 2nd party timekeeper? I can't remember.

Gotta admit I quite like the randomness/drama/outrage of added time. It is kind of wrong, but is one of those quite interesting, old-skool and illogical features of football. Obviously being on the wrong end of dodgy timekeeping is horrible, but I quite like the unvarnished element of it.

If it was up to me I'd get rid of goalline technology, third and fourth officials, the works. As for TV replays, not for me. No way.

Too much in this world is 'objectively' measured and I like the analogue / judgment element.

Unless it goes against Palace, in which case the ref is corrupt, of course.

Last edited by Levski; 31-10-2017 at 02:26 PM.