Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 05-10-2018, 07:29 AM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Unable to access links posted

A few months ago my works PC suddenly stopped me being able to see links posted up on the BBS. Just get a black square. Anyone got any ideas what I can do to rectify this?
Old 05-10-2018, 11:26 AM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Sounds like your company web filtering service has changed it's policies or they have changed provider. We had a US company called 'Websense' which was quite vicious in its filtering of sites (strangely didn't like the use of the word 'thermite' in websites!). Being a works PC there probably isn't much you can do on the PC locally? Try a different browser if you can, see if the problem affect other peoples accounts to see if it's company wide or account specific.
If you have an IT department then it's worth dropping them an email saying that access to links and pictures is necessary for your work on other sites and can they unrestrict access for your account.
Old 19-10-2018, 03:41 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
I was using Internet Explorer. I have now downloaded Google Chrome and all works ok now