Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 04-07-2018, 03:39 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
iPad help

My step son has just come downstairs in floods of tears pissing about with his iPad and has put a code on it and now locked himself out of it. The twit has used up all his code guesses so is properly locked out of it now.

If I take it to the apple store will they be unable to lock it? And does this cost money?

And can I do a system restore if the iPad isnít synced to any iTunes account?

Donít have kids.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 04-07-2018, 03:41 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 04-07-2018, 03:44 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
My step son has just come downstairs in floods of tears pissing about with his iPad and has put a code on it and now locked himself out of it. The twit has used up all his code guesses so is properly locked out of it now.

If I take it to the apple store will they be unable to lock it? And does this cost money?

And can I do a system restore if the iPad isnít synced to any iTunes account?

Donít have kids.
I pretty sure you have to do a system restore via a computer. This will wipe the iPad and you set it up as if from your first time. It will ask for the Apple ID (not the passcode but the password to the Apple account linked to the iPad) during set up (which is what stops thieves doing this). But once you have that you can choose a new passcode and set up the iPad from the last iCloud backup which should have all your stuff.

A bit of a pain but not the end of the world so tell your stepson not to worry
Old 04-07-2018, 03:45 PM

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Or just listen to Blind
Old 04-07-2018, 03:48 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
I pretty sure you have to do a system restore via a computer. This will wipe the iPad and you set it up as if from your first time. It will ask for the Apple ID (not the passcode but the password to the Apple account linked to the iPad) during set up (which is what stops thieves doing this). But once you have that you can choose a new passcode and set up the iPad from the last iCloud backup which should have all your stuff.

A bit of a pain but not the end of the world so tell your stepson not to worry
I wonít tell him about the iCloud bit because I think we deactivated that for him in over the top parental controls
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 04-07-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
I wonít tell him about the iCloud bit because I think we deactivated that for him in over the top parental controls
It's easy enough to go into the app store to the previously purchased bit and just chose the apps from there. He might have lost his levels/saves on some games but that can be a valuable lesson for him
Old 04-07-2018, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
It's easy enough to go into the app store to the previously purchased bit and just chose the apps from there. He might have lost his levels/saves on some games but that can be a valuable lesson for him
We are taking great secret pleasure at the meltdown. Who knew minecraft meant so much to people. We told him he wasnít allowed a passcode on it so tough shit for trying to put one on.

Thanks for both your help I will run a restore tonight on it and keep hold of it for a few days as punishment, or until he wants us all to play a game and he can have it back
Old 04-07-2018, 04:28 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I wonder if Apple did some kind of reboot last night, my wife's older phone this morning was saying it could not be activated. I had to go though the whole reboot, username and password reset to get it running again.