Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 17-07-2018, 08:25 AM
Certified Grumpy

T.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
SIMM help request

I know very little about mobiles so this may be a very dumb question!

Currently I have a Vodaphone branded phone without a contract as I pay monthly for my calls, data, texts etc.

If I buy another phone can I just move the simm card? if it is not the same size can I expect Vodaphone to give me another card - what about any data I have on it?

Any help will be gratefully received
Old 17-07-2018, 08:47 AM

Marki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Who do you pay money to for your calls?

I would ask them the question. Ignore the fact that the phone is Vodafone branded unless they are also your service provider.

You may need to check the settings on your current phone to see whether data is stored on the phone or on the sim. Some info about the make/model of your phone might enable people on here to give you sharper advice.
Old 17-07-2018, 09:25 AM

dannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
I know very little about mobiles so this may be a very dumb question!

Currently I have a Vodaphone branded phone without a contract as I pay monthly for my calls, data, texts etc.

If I buy another phone can I just move the sim card?

If the phone is unlocked to any network provider then yes, some phones can also be unlocked to any provider either by a phone shop you see on every high street or by asking the company the phone was locked to for a PUC code (which also costs)

if it is not the same size can I expect Vodaphone to give me another card - what about any data I have on it?

Yes you can ask voda for a sim that supports your phone (normal, slim or micro for iPhones I believe) dependent on what phone you have most data bar contacts and messages are stored on an internal memory which if your phone is compatible should be able to be linked to a PC and saved, either using a program to recognise the phone (mostly older phones samsung galaxy S3 era) or if a newer phone then simply plugging in the data cable to the PC you should be able to delve through files and find data you want to keep like pics etc

Any help will be gratefully received
Hope this helps a bit.

Like because they have the new stadium all of a sudden they think the're it, I once went to their old Goldstone Ground when they could only get 12ish k crowds lol, then they became homeless tramps.
Old 17-07-2018, 09:56 AM
Certified Grumpy

T.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks for this.

My current phone is a Vodaphone Smart Ultra 6 and is locked to vodaphone. Does this affect the Simm. My calls, data etc are paid to Vodaphone but the phone is paid for and not included in my contract.

The phone I intend to buy is a Motorola Moto G6.

Both phones appear to use nano Simms so would appear to be interchangeable but this is outside my limited knowledge bank!
Old 17-07-2018, 10:52 AM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
Thanks for this.

My current phone is a Vodaphone Smart Ultra 6 and is locked to vodaphone. Does this affect the Simm. My calls, data etc are paid to Vodaphone but the phone is paid for and not included in my contract.

The phone I intend to buy is a Motorola Moto G6.

Both phones appear to use nano Simms so would appear to be interchangeable but this is outside my limited knowledge bank!
If the Moto G6 is unlocked or Vodafone then the Sim will be okay. Size would be the only issue but Vodafone can change it in store for you free of charge (well they did for me!). I had a Vodafone Sim contract for many years and just used any unlocked handset with it.
Old 17-07-2018, 11:01 AM
Certified Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
If the Moto G6 is unlocked or Vodafone then the Sim will be okay. Size would be the only issue but Vodafone can change it in store for you free of charge (well they did for me!). I had a Vodafone Sim contract for many years and just used any unlocked handset with it.
Thank you