Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 19-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
Been having a chuckle with a Huddersfield fan at work about the fact this is on. It's brewed specifically for Huddersfield Town, but is not allowed to be served in the ground, as the naming rights were sold to John Smiths, and they won't allow it. So, it's going to get served at Selhurst Park before Huddersfield
Yeah I saw it was brewed for them. Thought it would be an interesting one to get in for the day!
Old 19-05-2017, 01:43 PM

WandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
And what's the story with Fourpure's "Crystal Palace"?
Old 19-05-2017, 01:44 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Yeah I saw it was brewed for them. Thought it would be an interesting one to get in for the day!
Its a good example of that style of beer IMO, easy drinking best bitter. Wouldn't be my first choice though, but the other two Magic Rock beers you've got are top quality - especially High Wire.

And I'll echo Eybyeeckeagle's comments about wanting a Huddersfield promotion. What a day out that would be
Old 19-05-2017, 01:55 PM

che12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
As an aside to the beer festival Stinky, any reason why the Cronx Kotchin is so cloudy recently, and a couple of times has tasted poor compared to normal. Bought in the red 'n' blue bar. Had to return a couple of pints at one game and get them replaced with bottles of Palace Ale.
Old 19-05-2017, 01:59 PM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WandsworthEagle View Post
And what's the story with Fourpure's "Crystal Palace"?
One of their specials. They ran out ages ago but have had a keg reserved specially for us. The pump clip is cool...

Last edited by stinky; 19-05-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Old 19-05-2017, 02:00 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by che12345 View Post
As an aside to the beer festival Stinky, any reason why the Cronx Kotchin is so cloudy recently, and a couple of times has tasted poor compared to normal. Bought in the red 'n' blue bar. Had to return a couple of pints at one game and get them replaced with bottles of Palace Ale.
They've had issues with serving up there. Tipping the barrel, not letting it settle etc. I had a couple in the Lower Holmesdale last weekend and it was absolutely fine.
Old 19-05-2017, 06:27 PM
Is on dis ting.

dannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I see Tiny Rebel are coming Cwtch is my favourite.
"They will always have this. They will always have those two exquisite moments of silence. No matter what happens against Watford at Wembley, no matter whether they make it to the promised land, the night when the Amex Stadium fell quiet will enter into Crystal Palace folklore, into legend."
Old 19-05-2017, 06:33 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy1807 View Post
I see Tiny Rebel are coming Cwtch is my favourite.

Cwtch is a great beer, it's now available in cans.
Old 19-05-2017, 07:32 PM
Regretting my username

We try and get as many seasonals/one offs/specials as possible when sorting the beer list, so there will be quite a few in there that aren't usually available. Examples being:

Fourpure- Crystal Palace
Partizan- Iced Tea Saison
Clarkshaws- New World APA
Redemption- Iced Tea Pale Ale
Twickenham- Spring Ale
Bath Ales- Special Pale
Magic Rock- Hat Trick
Magic Rock- The Magic Spanner
Thornbridge- Hubble
Old 19-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Passed by the Surrey Hills Brewery at Dorking the other day, forgot to ask if they were going to get involved
Old 19-05-2017, 08:26 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
We try and get as many seasonals/one offs/specials as possible when sorting the beer list, so there will be quite a few in there that aren't usually available. Examples being:

Fourpure- Crystal Palace
Partizan- Iced Tea Saison
Clarkshaws- New World APA
Redemption- Iced Tea Pale Ale
Twickenham- Spring Ale
Bath Ales- Special Pale
Magic Rock- Hat Trick
Magic Rock- The Magic Spanner
Thornbridge- Hubble
Nice, real nice.
Old 21-05-2017, 08:09 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Never mind all this tosh. Why is it almost impossible to get a light and bitter in London's beardy ponce-ridden pubs these days?
Old 21-05-2017, 08:16 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Never mind all this tosh. Why is it almost impossible to get a light and bitter in London's beardy ponce-ridden pubs these days?
Ha ha! That brings back memories. But I can't remember the last time I had one.
Old 21-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Banned by Moderators

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Always used to be a ploy to get more than a pint.Old school publicans used to grudgingly put up with it but not the grasping pub companies of today.Shame.....
Old 21-05-2017, 09:44 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Since beards have come back into vogue it has become tricky, at first glance, to tell straight away what kind of pub you have walked into. A few years ago the sight of a few beards at the bar would be an indication of having walked into an old mans pub where you could be certain of getting a L and B if required.

These days you need to draw on your other senses. If the bar smells of chia seed porridge, flat white and avocado on sour dough you are more likely to get a beetroot saison, or a damson sour beer. If, however, the place smells of damp dog and flatulence you should be confident of being able to get a light and bitter.
Old 21-05-2017, 09:46 PM

AJW718 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAJW718 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAJW718 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAJW718 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAJW718 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAJW718 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAJW718 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAJW718 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAJW718 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAJW718 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAJW718 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Thanks Smoz. I will try to remember your guide
Old 25-05-2017, 08:07 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is here
As a complete duffer when it comes to beer (and yes we all have different tastes) but can those of you that know about these things name 2 or 3 they're particularly recommending people try and why? Really looking forward to trying these out.
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 26-05-2017, 01:02 AM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Forecast calls for drinking lots, and falling down even more.
Old 26-05-2017, 01:22 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post
Forecast calls for drinking lots, and falling down even more.
You're an expert in both
Old 26-05-2017, 01:23 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by David of Kent View Post
As a complete duffer when it comes to beer (and yes we all have different tastes) but can those of you that know about these things name 2 or 3 they're particularly recommending people try and why? Really looking forward to trying these out.
What do you usually drink?