Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 04-10-2017, 11:00 AM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Never met him or been to his fishery but I went to a place called Lac Rose near Troyes and all I heard all week from the owner was Luke this, Luke that, Luke does this, Luke does that. In particular he seemed to like stories of how rude this Luke was to his customers, no idea if they were true or not though.

It started off with a hectoring lecture from the owner about how to fish. I wasn't concerned about the content, owners have every right to be concerned about their property just the manner it was done in. I was ready to go home as I thought him totally obnoxious but as we'd already paid my mates convinced me to stay. Had I been on my own I would've gone at that point.

As for paranoia, anyone that caught a fish day or night within earshot of his caravan had him standing behind them telling them they were doing it wrong. On top of that you had to wear waders and get in the water for anything over 20lb. I went up the other end of the lake to get away from him and needless to say all my fish were 19lb.

He'd come around every day and tell you stories of how awful the French were and what awful things his customers had done. Although as he explained them I thought most of his problems were of his own making. TBH I couldn't resist winding him up a bit.

The final part was that he'd caught 2 French guys on his land and they were probably there to poach. I wouldn't deny that. However it seems they caught one of them and somehow that person ended up with a broken leg. He told the story like it was accident but listening to him you couldn't come to any other conclusion it was anything but. At the time I was there his son was in choky over it awaiting trial, the French were cowards and bastards of course but from what he told me I couldn't work out why he wasn't in choky as well.

All the other places I've been to in France have been great, the owners as well.
I could relay several tales of friends who have fished Graviers and met Luke.

To be diplomatic I'll say he's very protective of his fish and likes to be aware of EVERYTHING that's happening on his property.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:23 PM

OLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
I know that old mate, I'm talking about the saltwater light tackle bug specifically.

I prefer not to use anything heavier than 12lb myself for inshore fishing these days, makes roosters and snook much more exciting. I know someone who goes after Marlin on twelve pound test, won't fish anything heavier.
Hi Tak, hows things with you, heard through a friends friend at Quepos that has had some awful flooding and landslides. Take care.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:22 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BASING EAGLE View Post
Hi Tak, hows things with you, heard through a friends friend at Quepos that has had some awful flooding and landslides. Take care.
Indeed - was gonna ask. Sunny Fan put something on FB.

You can avoid the floods where you live, but not the wind! And then the power cuts, etc...

I bet a few of those crocs will be roaming around Quepos too.

Last edited by eagle mart; 06-10-2017 at 08:35 AM.
Old 13-10-2017, 09:31 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
The river owed me, and the weather was great, but not for fishing! Ebro levels are low, salt water pushing upstream, water clear to almost 10 feet and mid twenties with the sun high in the sky. Not great conditions. Managed this 143lb beast and new pb. And lost a couple through light hooking/bad luck. One of those was another biggie.

A lot been said about the big cats in the Ebro. Down the delta it's been cyclical.. never seen an abundance of species about. 6" bleak, big roach, bass, channel catfish, carp, crucian/black goldfish and Zander & barbel making a foothold again. It's like the cats have regulated themselves.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171011_212344_020.jpg (440.6 KB, 34 views)
Old 13-10-2017, 06:22 PM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
The river owed me, and the weather was great, but not for fishing! Ebro levels are low, salt water pushing upstream, water clear to almost 10 feet and mid twenties with the sun high in the sky. Not great conditions. Managed this 143lb beast and new pb. And lost a couple through light hooking/bad luck. One of those was another biggie.

A lot been said about the big cats in the Ebro. Down the delta it's been cyclical.. never seen an abundance of species about. 6" bleak, big roach, bass, channel catfish, carp, crucian/black goldfish and Zander & barbel making a foothold again. It's like the cats have regulated themselves.

Cracking fish. Well played mate
Old 13-10-2017, 08:13 PM
Slippery as a politician

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post

Crikey, nice. Bet that pulled back a bit.
Old 21-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Slippery as a politician

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Todays match, off the golf course at Deal. Beach buddy kept turning into a hang gilder, massive amount of weed in a strong right/left current, horizontal rain. Despite all the gear still got soaked.
Couple of doggies and a few whiting. No winnings though.
Old 23-10-2017, 09:03 AM
South London and proud

Carp world record has gone again.

Now stands at 108lb and is from the Hungarian science experiment Euro Aqua.

The fish looks like a Simmo on steroids.
Old 23-10-2017, 09:13 AM

Seen the video, and the photos. Looks horrible.... like a pig.
Old 23-10-2017, 07:09 PM
South London and proud

Captain Jack has been caught again from Holme Fen at above record weight.

The angler will (unsuccessfully) claim the record.
Old 23-10-2017, 07:31 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
How many years is it since an English wild bred carp actually held the record?

I'm fecked if I know but I'm sure Chris Ball will have an idea.

Maybe Otto Overbeck's 19lb 2oz from Croxley Pond in 1902?

All the revered Redmire fish were imports.

Last edited by Blind_Eagle; 23-10-2017 at 07:38 PM.
Old 23-10-2017, 08:18 PM
South London and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post

Wild bred I'd have no clue and would guess none reached above high 20's.

Initial thought on English spawned fish is Mary from Wraysbury. Originally a kingsmead fish and not sure it was an import or from bred from import stock.

Last edited by croydonexile; 23-10-2017 at 08:21 PM.
Old 24-10-2017, 12:02 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post

I was living in Loughton (out towards the eastern end of the Central line) when I first became interested in catching carp in 1976.

Up until this point (when I wasn't fishing with my father) I pretty much only fished the ponds and lakes in Epping Forest and at some point learned that a Carp of 24lb(?) had come from Warren Pond (I think) - To view the link you have to Register or Login and held the British record for a while.

I was last there the best part of 25 years ago and it looked nothing like it does today. It had silted up badly and was mainly a huge reed bed with little open water. Clearly the Epping Forest Keepers have done a lot of work on it since.

I don't remember there being a feckin tennis club there either.

My memory is shit at the best of times and given that I'm talking about 40 years ago there is every chance I've not got this quite right. It would be really interesting to know the answer to your question; could you contact Chris and ask him?

Last edited by Slimbloke'H'; 24-10-2017 at 12:04 AM.
Old 30-10-2017, 04:48 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Speaking of carp does anyone with pond goldfish notice them having gone to sleep a bit deep yet? Intoduced some little 'uns in to our carp water a while back but haven't seen them much recently.

I appreciate this isn't stictly a 'fishing' post but probs the best place to put it.
Old 31-10-2017, 06:25 AM
Banned by Moderators

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Restocking my lake in the Dordogne first week of Dec.5 low thirties,15 twenties and 10 scraper doubles-£3k.Carp are a lot cheaper in France than here thankfully!
Old 31-10-2017, 06:54 AM
Banned by Moderators

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST View Post
Speaking of carp does anyone with pond goldfish notice them having gone to sleep a bit deep yet? Intoduced some little 'uns in to our carp water a while back but haven't seen them much recently.

I appreciate this isn't stictly a 'fishing' post but probs the best place to put it.
Cormorants?
Old 31-10-2017, 08:04 AM
South London and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
Restocking my lake in the Dordogne first week of Dec.5 low thirties,15 twenties and 10 scraper doubles-£3k.Carp are a lot cheaper in France than here thankfully!
Simon Scott will be sweating bullets
Old 31-10-2017, 05:40 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
Cormorants?
Not seen any or herons. It's a bit of a shot to nothing, I just popped them in there because I like their insect controling talents - I've a bit of a problem with bites/stings - the grass/common carp seem to be getting along just fine although I see less of them. I'll try again in the spring if they don't reappear.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:23 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST View Post

They don’t go to sleep as such but fish are cold bloodied so the lower the temperature the more lethargic they will be. They’ll still feed mind when they need to.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:29 PM
Dis-Member

Glad I kept out of the filming now I know it’s comedy based.

To view the link you have to Register or Login