Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 21-03-2018, 05:21 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
No chance, am afraid!
Old 21-03-2018, 07:08 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
Been talking about this for a while now but sent my deposit off today!

Going Peacock Bass fishing for eight days up in the Amazon in October.

Can't wait but loads of prep to do plus get myself fit for six days of heavy spinfishing.

I don't fish, but that looks amazing.
Old 21-03-2018, 07:40 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
I'm definitely getting back into action this spring summer - sea fishing shore and boat.
Old 21-03-2018, 09:07 PM

OLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
Been talking about this for a while now but sent my deposit off today!

Going Peacock Bass fishing for eight days up in the Amazon in October.

Can't wait but loads of prep to do plus get myself fit for six days of heavy spinfishing.

That looks fun, one for my list of places to go.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:29 PM
Skin the Tagain

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by croydonexile View Post
There's so many to choose from. It depends on what you're looking for..
Don't know yet but one of my mates has found a place in the Limousin that has a shed on each peg so you don't need a bivvy.

They have 50lbers, I'll report when/if I go.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:43 PM
Skin the Tagain

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Arlington yesterday, got a trout on, heard from behind (public access footpath) "oh look he's got one".
Anyway got it on the bank, when the priest emerged to administer the last rites, their grouped yelped and run.

Not sure how to handle that you have to get it done.
Old 20-04-2018, 05:13 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST View Post
Speaking of carp does anyone with pond goldfish notice them having gone to sleep a bit deep yet? Intoduced some little 'uns in to our carp water a while back but haven't seen them much recently.

I appreciate this isn't stictly a 'fishing' post but probs the best place to put it.
The carp are frolicking about in great number down in east sussex over the last few days but no sign of the goldies. Anyone know if these take longer to come up? I might need to get some new ones - I want them there to control insects as much as anything else.

PS I know they are actually a type of carp themselves.
Old 20-04-2018, 09:18 PM

paul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Selling my French set up if anyone is looking for a bit of decent gear that can fight the big fish and cast a 4oz lead into the distance.
I'm looking to go 2 rods instead of 3, 3lb test instead of 5-8oz and back to Shimano 10000's.

There's only 2 Dougie Freedmans
Old 19-05-2018, 08:26 PM

OLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Off to the Wherwell estate for trout tomorrow, it’s going to be warm so hoping for a hatch.
Old 19-05-2018, 08:33 PM
Skin the Tagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BASING EAGLE View Post
Off to the Wherwell estate for trout tomorrow, it’s going to be warm so hoping for a hatch.
Lake or river?
Old 19-05-2018, 08:42 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Top tip for slow-flow river fishing.

Go to a secluded spot with a few gallons of milk. After dropping all the milk in the river, after a few minutes, dead fish will float on the surface, which you can scoop out with a landing net.
The Biological Oxygen Demand, BOD, (of milk) strips oxygen out of the water and kills a lot of stuff in a few minutes. The river must be slow-flowing

*This methodology can get you prosecuted for river pollution, and the milk will cost around £100 if the river is narrow (up to 10metres across)

Last edited by foresthillbilly; 19-05-2018 at 08:47 PM.
Old 19-05-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Lake or river?
The lake, it’s my clubs social day, fish the morning then to the white lion pub for lunch then back to the lake for a lazy afternoon fish. We have a grayling day down on the river towards the end of the year.
Old 19-05-2018, 08:54 PM
Skin the Tagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BASING EAGLE View Post
The lake, it’s my clubs social day, fish the morning then to the white lion pub for lunch then back to the lake for a lazy afternoon fish. We have a grayling day down on the river towards the end of the year.
Sounds good.
Old 21-05-2018, 08:18 AM

paul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Going surface fishing today, always have a fair few down the snags at Frant.

Bocked myself, had one from the snags (lost 3) and decided to move to a smaller lake up the hill. 23lb Common, 17lb Mirror, 5lb white Ghostie amongst 6 or 7 other fish to around 7lb. Just managed to get some value out of £22.50 day ticket for one rod, 11am until 18.30 (have to be off site by 19.00).

Last edited by paul skinback; 21-05-2018 at 07:41 PM.
Old 23-05-2018, 01:51 PM

Bubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is here
I find it quite painful to be honest, Have tried a few times as i hear the pleasure can be amazing once you can relax enough. I just cannot relax enough, I get so tense that even with lubrication i just cannot force it.

Edit. Misread the thread title
Old 23-05-2018, 02:05 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul skinback View Post
Selling my French set up if anyone is looking for a bit of decent gear that can fight the big fish and cast a 4oz lead into the distance.
I'm looking to go 2 rods instead of 3, 3lb test instead of 5-8oz and back to Shimano 10000's.
What your reels?

I already have E-Class, Free spirits. But am on the look-out for some reels, after selling my mini big pits. I'm off to France in late august.
Old 23-05-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
What your reels?

I already have E-Class, Free spirits. But am on the look-out for some reels, after selling my mini big pits. I'm off to France in late august.
I have Free Spirit 13' Hi S ives and Daiwa QDX 45 Basias with spare spools, bags, boxes etc.

Old 23-05-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul skinback View Post
I have Free Spirit 13' Hi S ives and Daiwa QDX 45 Basias with spare spools, bags, boxes etc.
I'll skip the Basias. I only have 40mm rings, so they'd be wasted on my rods.
Old 23-05-2018, 05:33 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
50mm butt rings are for idiots* and those who love all things ‘carpy’.

Japanese development on ring design for distance casting is light years ahead of current uk thinking on the subject. Increasing butt ring size has the opposite efffect as it allows the line slap to continue down through the rings, causing more friction and line realignment.

You also significantly increase the chance of snapping off as a result of the line looping around the larger ring.

*not aimed at you Mart!

Last edited by Blind_Eagle; 23-05-2018 at 05:54 PM.
Old 23-05-2018, 06:05 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
50mm butt rings are for idiots* and those who love all things ‘carpy’.

Japanese development on ring design for distance casting is light years ahead of current uk thinking on the subject. Increasing butt ring size has the opposite efffect as it allows the line slap to continue down through the rings, causing more friction and line realignment.

You also significantly increase the chance of snapping off as a result of the line looping around the larger ring.

*not aimed at you Mart!
What's wrong with loving the 'carpy'? I'm not in to this pond/freshwater fishing thing, I just see it as training. Give me something out of the sea that I'd like to eat. Having said which I've grown quite fond of me carp on our mini-lake, wouldn't like to hook them unless for a purpose.