Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-02-2017, 08:26 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Hmm, not sure if serious. Instead of trying to force through unpopular and unsafe practices they could make a pay offer similar to one which every other toc has. This would go through tomorrow. Why haven't they? Because this is a railway test case and Aslef are fighting the government, not a toc who have to account for delays and so have a vested interest in a quick resolution. Not so Southern. We pay their bills.
LOL

ffs. So our safety does have a price?

I've already said that changes need to be made and I think they're quite easy and obvious.

I hope these can be solved before there are any more strikes, or threats too. It's no good for anyone.

If ASLEF do want to take on the government that's fine. Good on them. But don't do it affecting the usersz
Old 16-02-2017, 08:38 PM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Seems that Elgin doesn't understand the position of the southern passenger or the stated position of southern drivers....
Old 16-02-2017, 08:42 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Whatever boys. You'll get the railway you deserve anyway.
Old 16-02-2017, 08:50 PM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Whatever boys. You'll get the railway you deserve anyway.
Really don't know what you mean by that. We have no control over it. Drivers do. You seem to think the future of the railway will be determined by drivers pay. That's not a world I want to live in, nor is it the stated objective of your "brothers".
Old 16-02-2017, 09:01 PM
Vendere e vincere

Elgin - To give you a flavour of the shite service, my 35 train commute is now gonna take well over an hour cos of cancellations and delays. My LBG train home was cancelled and I've been stood (yes stood at this time) on a train at Croydon for 20 minutes on a packed train and it's still not left. Dinner with my wife is cancelled. I've no idea when I'll be home. Driver just announced he doesn't know what's going on.

Southern rail messes with your family life and it messes with your brain.
Old 16-02-2017, 09:03 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
Really don't know what you mean by that. We have no control over it. Drivers do. You seem to think the future of the railway will be determined by drivers pay. That's not a world I want to live in, nor is it the stated objective of your "brothers".
What I mean by that is you get the choice of whether to back the drivers safety viewpoint or not. Clearly some on here do, such as Chief Brody, Welts, Woosie, Rhino Mik etc, and some don't, preferring to allege that it is somehow about pay. Whether that is for ideological political reasons or media-fed ones I couldn't possibly say. What we end up with will hopefully be the best the unions can secure for us, staff and punters alike. I would say that I have a good deal of sympathy with the unions having to deal with the scum they are dealing with though.
Old 16-02-2017, 09:05 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

Quote:
Elgin - To give you a flavour of the shite service, my 35 train commute is now gonna take well over an hour cos of cancellations and delays. My LBG train home was cancelled and I've been stood (yes stood at this time) on a train at Croydon for 20 minutes on a packed train and it's still not left. Dinner with my wife is cancelled. I've no idea when I'll be home. Driver just announced he doesn't know what's going on.

Southern rail messes with your family life and it messes with your brain.
I can see that Popester and do sympathise. I just get the hump when innocent rail staff cop the rap for the bent franchises ineptitude and lies.
Old 16-02-2017, 09:17 PM
Vendere e vincere

Now that train has been cancelled. I now have a 20 minute wait for a 30 minute journey to go to a different station (caterham) and 15 cab the other end.

It's a uniquely disgraceful service.
Old 16-02-2017, 09:21 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
I can see that Popester and do sympathise. I just get the hump when innocent rail staff cop the rap for the bent franchises ineptitude and lies.
Southern get the rap for most things.

The staff only get criticised for when their actions make our lives misery or our uselessz

There was an incident in South Croydon tonight which ****ed everything up I believe. Things like that can't be helped, but where Southern are terrible is the communication of what's going on.
Old 16-02-2017, 09:28 PM
Vendere e vincere

I knew from southerns twitter what was going on (after I tweeted them) well before the train announcer. Joke.
Old 16-02-2017, 09:33 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Southern get the rap for most things.

The staff only get criticised for when their actions make our lives misery or our uselessz

There was an incident in South Croydon tonight which ****ed everything up I believe. Things like that can't be helped, but where Southern are terrible is the communication of what's going on.
Not 100% sure what this sentence means but am guessing you'll have accountable examples of these 'actions', besides those of simply not wanting to cowtail to a vicious tory led bent franchise, riding roughshod over established train operating procedures which have allowed trains to be worked safely for the last 100 years.
Old 16-02-2017, 09:36 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

Quote:
I thought pay wasn't the issue?
It isn't to one side in the dispute.
Old 16-02-2017, 09:49 PM
Vendere e vincere

Quote:
It isn't to one side in the dispute.
The driver side!
Old 16-02-2017, 10:03 PM
Vendere e vincere

Quote:
What I mean by that is you get the choice of whether to back the drivers safety viewpoint or not. Clearly some on here do, such as Chief Brody, Welts, Woosie, Rhino Mik etc, and some don't, preferring to allege that it is somehow about pay. Whether that is for ideological political reasons or media-fed ones I couldn't possibly say. What we end up with will hopefully be the best the unions can secure for us, staff and punters alike. I would say that I have a good deal of sympathy with the unions having to deal with the scum they are dealing with though.
I doubt they'd be backing the drivers if they thought, as you do, the safety concerns could be bought out with a pay rise.
Old 16-02-2017, 10:03 PM

speagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Do ASLEF have to ballot the drivers again if they want further strikes?
Old 16-02-2017, 10:04 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

Quote:
I doubt they'd be backing the drivers if they thought, as you do, the safety concerns could be bought out with a pay rise.
Eh? you been drinking again?
Old 16-02-2017, 10:07 PM
Vendere e vincere

Quote:
Eh? you been drinking again?
You said yourself it could be resolved if drivers were paid more.

Stop it with the petty insults.

Last edited by Popester; 16-02-2017 at 10:12 PM.
Old 16-02-2017, 10:08 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
No I don't agree at all. I think it's discriminatory and I am hopeful the ABC will succeed in court and force change.
How does that tally with your support for DOO then? Genuine, not a loaded, question

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 16-02-2017, 10:17 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

Quote:
You said yourself it could be resolved if drivers were paid more.

Stop it with the petty insults.
Where exactly have I said that??

And you yourself come on here rambling at night saying hic and making stuff up like that. It's hardly an insult.
Old 16-02-2017, 10:18 PM

speagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Out of interest to those in favour of DOO, do you think that disabled passengers being left behind/stranded because a train is running DOO is acceptable and do you think that disabled people should be forced to book assistance 48 hours in advance and it not even make a difference as the train runs DOO without a second member of staff anyway?
Of course it's not acceptable.

What happened prior to the changes?. A conductor doesn't turn up for some reason. Would the train have just been cancelled?

What happens on the Caterham? Are all the stations always manned?