Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-08-2016, 05:46 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Who has told you not to complain and be supportive?
there are loads of comments from people implying that as customers we are being selfish by wanting the service we have paid for when actually we should be supporting the staff with their grievances as part of some greater good.
To stand as never ending light
Old 12-08-2016, 05:46 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Funny the same people who are saying tough luck basically to the staff are the same people who are unwilling to get up early to make sure they get into work on time.

I full appreciate that not having family time is frustrating. But let's just hope if this does happen, that there isn't a massive fire on a 12 car train one day. One person isn't enough. Particularly if / when panic sets in.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:53 PM

CaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I don't think you can pin the shit service on frontline staff.
They're the ones that have been doing overtime for the last xx amount of years. I bet directors haven't put the hours in that I have.
I have no mortgage, the plan was to work less not more. So I find it a bit poor form when people tell me I don't care about the customers when I'm constantly doing o/t (that I don't want to) to help a failing company offer a service.
Not to mention the times I've given people lift home in my car, or arranged for my train to stop out of course (via control) to help people out, or the time I lent a passenger my mobile to make a call, and the cheeky mare phoned Pakistan.
So I disagree when you say staff don't care about their passengers
I'm absolutely not pinning shit service on the staff, it's clearly govia. I think you have the wrong impression of what I'm saying. I think the strike action is a poor method of moving forward, and creates a divide between staff and commuters when the aim should be to unite and divide against the people running the company itself.

On your bit about overtime of staff vs directors - you can say that about almost every large company. It's what happens. You hire people willing to do the extra work so you don't have to.

Again I'm not saying you don't care, I'm saying the strike send out the wrong message.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:55 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTopKnot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Funny the same people who are saying tough luck basically to the staff are the same people who are unwilling to get up early to make sure they get into work on time.

I full appreciate that not having family time is frustrating. But let's just hope if this does happen, that there isn't a massive fire on a 12 car train one day. One person isn't enough. Particularly if / when panic sets in.
Is it cool to try and mess up people's holidays over non safety issues too then, like Eurostar?
To stand as never ending light
Old 12-08-2016, 05:57 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:

What a ridiculous post, you really have no argument.

Of course people get up early and have had to get up even earlier during the weeks of strikes and staff sickness. Having said that people pay good money and are entitled to travel at their convenience when they wish. Of course what you are doing is trying to shift blame on to the very people who are the victims of this whole thing.

You epitomise the entitled selfish culture of the industry you work in and are doing yourself few favours quite frankly. I'd suggest you take a break from this thread.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:02 PM
Bearded Member

Niceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
As a commuter who has a 90 minute journey each way, I no longer give a crap about Southern or its staff.

They have a monopoly on the service giving people no choice but to accept the absolutely abysmal service - interrupted with pointless strikes, making things worse.

This bollox needs to end.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:04 PM

macstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
This stuff about safety is a load of rubbish really isn't it though?

Trains all around his country and Europe operate daily with drivers closing the doors. This strike is about protectionism and self interest. It isn't about more money but retaining working practices and a level of job security which suit the staff.

The railway staff do not care about the paying customer at all.
1) Incorrect

2) Incorrect

3) Incorrect
Old 12-08-2016, 06:07 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
What a ridiculous post, you really have no argument.

Of course people get up early and have had to get up even earlier during the weeks of strikes and staff sickness. Having said that people pay good money and are entitled to travel at their convenience when they wish. Of course what you are doing is trying to shift blame on to the very people who are the victims of this whole thing.

You epitomise the entitled selfish culture of the industry you work in and are doing yourself few favours quite frankly. I'd suggest you take a break from this thread.
I only post on this thread because people like you spout nonsense based on stuff you make up in your mind rather than facts.

You don't work on the railway, you go by what you read in the papers or see on the TV. Yet you come on here like some sort of expert.

I have seen both sides to this having worked in the City myself before I joined Southern. FCC had a similar situation around 2010 when they kept cancelling trains due to "lack of staff" as they were trying to force their staff to work Overtime and a pay dispute. So I have seen first hand how bloody frustrating it is, especially as my simple City Thameslink to Sutton journey turned in to me getting a tube to Bank, then one to Morden, then a 164 bus to Sutton every day for 5 weeks.

Now I work in the industry I see the other side to the story, the stuff that doesn't get published to the press. It's very easy to judge based on corporate bs. You seem to be very easily swayed by what the big money men tell you.

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 12-08-2016 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:12 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysSpy View Post
If you don't like the terms offered by your current employer you can find another job. Whether I like it or not that's the scenario that applies to tens of millions of working people in this country. If what your employer is offering is so ridiculous then there should be plenty of alternatives. There are plenty of other ways to promote your point without deliberately causing inconvenience to fellow citizens. If you make a good case you would gain your customers support and that would help achieve your aim. Of course if your argument is week that won't happen.
Yep let's all race to the bottom; I presume if you'd been alive in the 1830's you'd have suggested that those campaigning to stop child labour should have just found another job
Old 12-08-2016, 06:22 PM

TonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
I don't think it's ok for any citizen of this country to intentionally cause problems for another citizen. The cause and reasoning are irrelevant. I don't wish any ill on southern employees but you have the right to choose who you work for just like me. If you choose not to exercise that right if youre unhappy it's a shame.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:29 PM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Quote:
I only post on this thread because people like you spout nonsense based on stuff you make up in your mind rather than facts.

You don't work on the railway, you go by what you read in the papers or see on the TV. Yet you come on here like some sort of expert.

I have seen both sides to this having worked in the City myself before I joined Southern. FCC had a similar situation around 2010 when they kept cancelling trains due to "lack of staff" as they were trying to force their staff to work Overtime and a pay dispute. So I have seen first hand how bloody frustrating it is, especially as my simple City Thameslink to Sutton journey turned in to me getting a tube to Bank, then one to Morden, then a 164 bus to Sutton every day for 5 weeks.

Now I work in the industry I see the other side to the story, the stuff that doesn't get published to the press. It's very easy to judge based on corporate bs. You seem to be very easily swayed by what the big money men tell you.
What you don't seem to grasp is that customers don't give a shit about Southern staffs jobs and why should they. I don't care at all who is at fault, it's none of my business. I am entitled to get to work and get home again, that's all I care about. Would you like me to grizzle to you about my T&Cs at work. Course not.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:34 PM

macstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceaction View Post
As a commuter who has a 90 minute journey each way, I no longer give a crap about Southern or its staff.

They have a monopoly on the service giving people no choice but to accept the absolutely abysmal service - interrupted with pointless strikes, making things worse.

This bollox needs to end.
The service has been pretty good for years, there hasnt been strikes before this wave of industrial action for years...maybe decades. Staff were happy, conditions were good, managers were not ****s, staffing levels were okay and the government wasnt trying to push through distructive working ideas.

Its obvious that for reasons the union are stating that things have fallening apart......

Therefore its pretty obvious that the staff are not to blame.... why would they strike for nothing? Why would they strike and lose pay for no reason?

The government and SOuthern have tried to bulldoze through this "idea" that trains shouldnt have guards and to get rid of them would improve service and safety.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:35 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
What you don't seem to grasp is that customers don't give a shit about Southern staffs jobs and why should they. I don't care at all who is at fault, it's none of my business. I am entitled to get to work and get home again, that's all I care about. Would you like me to grizzle to you about my T&Cs at work. Course not.
You don't care about people's jobs but yet you want the same people to take you to work. WOW!
Old 12-08-2016, 06:43 PM

TonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatTonysSpy has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Originally Posted by civil eagle View Post
Yep let's all race to the bottom; I presume if you'd been alive in the 1830's you'd have suggested that those campaigning to stop child labour should have just found another job
No I wouldn't have suggested that in 1830.

If you read my post I said can and not should get another job. I've represented and supported many colleagues in employer disputes and I'm all for the rights of citizens. It's just I think we should all have the same rights. There's no them and us, just us.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:59 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysSpy View Post
No I wouldn't have suggested that in 1830.

If you read my post I said can and not should get another job. I've represented and supported many colleagues in employer disputes and I'm all for the rights of citizens. It's just I think we should all have the same rights. There's no them and us, just us.

You want to take away someone's right to withdraw labour??
Old 12-08-2016, 07:04 PM
Pokemon Trainer

I find it quite amusing people seem to think staff enjoy striking. It's worth reiterating it's not a nice little holiday. You don't get paid if you strike. I don't know about others but I would certainly notice a few days missing out of my pay packet.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:06 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
I find it quite amusing people seem to think staff enjoy striking. It's worth reiterating it's not a nice little holiday. You don't get paid if you strike. I don't know about others but I would certainly notice a few days missing out of my pay packet.
No one has said you enjoy it.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
You want to take away someone's right to withdraw labour??
Where have I suggested that? As it's a right that not everyone has I'd prefer a solution that offers an equal opportunity to all employees in the UK.

Is it fair that I have to change jobs if I dont like the terms offered to me? I didn't create the system nor do I promote it. I'm just pointing out the conditions that apply to millions of people.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
If they had a legitimate complaint I may be sympathetic to some degree, although illegal strike action would probably test my sympathy.

But I really think they don't.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:13 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
If they had a legitimate complaint I may be sympathetic to some degree, although illegal strike action would probably test my sympathy.

But I really think they don't.
Why do you keep spouting this illegal strike action line?