Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 18-06-2017, 09:03 AM

lee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
I went. It was great. But I don't want to hear new material. Even songs from the second album make my mind wander. I know I'm dull.
Second album doesn't get the credit it deserves.
Old 18-06-2017, 09:15 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
70+ for Radiohead tickets. Is that normal nowadays for big gigs? I haven't been to an arena/stadium gig (or at least not paid for a ticket) for a few years and I'm not paying that.
Said it before on here. Would rather go and see an up & coming band in a small venue than a stadium gig or rip off large festival. Noticed the kind of crowd going to see G&R at the Olympic shitdium on Friday wearing their new t's with plastic flowers in their hair ready to take pic's for social media to share their packaged rock n roll experience.

That's enough cynicism from me, it's old git's day.
Old 18-06-2017, 09:27 AM
Converting the heretics!

Micky Spilane is AJ vs the 'weedMicky Spilane is AJ vs the 'weedMicky Spilane is AJ vs the 'weedMicky Spilane is AJ vs the 'weedMicky Spilane is AJ vs the 'weedMicky Spilane is AJ vs the 'weedMicky Spilane is AJ vs the 'weedMicky Spilane is AJ vs the 'weedMicky Spilane is AJ vs the 'weedMicky Spilane is AJ vs the 'weedMicky Spilane is AJ vs the 'weed
Got tickets for Cheap Trick 28th Manchester Academy.

Never saw them in their hey day, but I'm told Rick Nielson is still as mad as ever.
Old 18-06-2017, 09:27 AM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post
Said it before on here. Would rather go and see an up & coming band in a small venue than a stadium gig or rip off large festival. Noticed the kind of crowd going to see G&R at the Olympic shitdium on Friday wearing their new t's with plastic flowers in their hair ready to take pic's for social media to share their packaged rock n roll experience.

Don't disagree at all.

For anyone who is going to this Radiohead tour, are they doing the whole no entry unless you're with the cardholder who bought the tickets thing? I only live round the corner and will pick up a cheap one after they've come on if it's possible.
Old 18-06-2017, 09:34 AM

lee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Say if someone bought you tickets as a gift/birthday present ?
Old 18-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Freelance designer

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post

Small venue gigs are always better. Moshing to The Dogs in some tiny pub venue is probably one of the best gigs I've been too. That said there's definitely times when big stadia and festival gigs take on that epic feel. Progidy in a thunderstorm or kings of Leon as the sun sets in a massive festival gig were pretty special. Not everyone is there for a selfie moment.

http://www.behance.net/icondesigns
Old 19-06-2017, 10:08 AM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ride on Thursday. 11 WITH CD in Kingston. Not sold out yet. Banquet Records.
Old 19-06-2017, 10:19 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant View Post
Wow, might do that. Kingston is a bitch for me but that sounds awesome.

Guns N Roses were absolutely fantastic on Friday. I nevr thought they woudl be that good. I saw a version of them at Reading a few yeeasr back and they were average. What a doifference having the proper line up and Axl is some kind of decent shape (helped by a female backing singer).

Stone Roses also very good on Sat although bizarre to leave without an encore and then play one of their new songs that they didn't perform on the tannoy instead of performing it! I feel if they hadn't overcharged so much they would have probably sold out and made more money!

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 19-06-2017, 11:02 AM

Repo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
LCD Soundsystem are playing Alexandra Palace in September, I want to go but I really wish they were playing Brixton Academy or the Hammersmith Apollo, Alexandra Palace is a bastard to get to, and its a horrible venue inside, an oversized, boxy main room that has no atmosphere (saw LCD last time they played there and it was a nightmare getting in, and far too many pissed up idiots in attendance)
Old 19-06-2017, 11:31 AM

BR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Saw Alt J at the O2 on Friday night, not seen them before despite loving the first two albums. Cracking night out!
Old 19-06-2017, 12:01 PM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
Now at Old Trafford
Yeah. Got told a day beforehand about that so had to actually pull my finger out and sort train and hotels out!

Re: My wife being understanding. Id say mildly tolerant is more accurate!

Maccabees were incredible. In my top 3 gigs ever.
Old 19-06-2017, 01:20 PM

Olympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Stone Roses also very good on Sat although bizarre to leave without an encore and then play one of their new songs that they didn't perform on the tannoy instead of performing it! I feel if they hadn't overcharged so much they would have probably sold out and made more money!
A mate of mine picked up a Club Wembley ticket on Saturday morning for 18. He said CW was pretty empty which meant short/no queues for beer.
Old 19-06-2017, 04:31 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo Man View Post
LCD Soundsystem are playing Alexandra Palace in September, I want to go but I really wish they were playing Brixton Academy or the Hammersmith Apollo, Alexandra Palace is a bastard to get to, and its a horrible venue inside, an oversized, boxy main room that has no atmosphere (saw LCD last time they played there and it was a nightmare getting in, and far too many pissed up idiots in attendance)
agreed but still tempting though

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 20-06-2017, 06:14 AM
one love

AJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant View Post
I saw Royal Blood on Saturday afternoon through Banquet Records, 20 including the new album on vinyl was absolutely superb.

Guns N Roses also smashed it, what a band.
Old 20-06-2017, 07:50 AM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ally Pally is much improved as a venue.

As apart from still being a complete dick of a journey, the sound is much better there and facilities are top notch. Decent beer, easy to get served, semi decent food if you need something to eat beforehand.
Old 23-06-2017, 03:18 PM

Maccabees @ Omeara is still in my top 3 gigs ever. Everything was perfect, from the people I was with, the venue, the setlist. Really, really superb. The Ally Pally gigs will be incredible, but almost a bit gutted Omeara isn't going to be the last time I see them.

Kraftwerk on Wednesday was quite brilliant. I think it's a gig I will remember for some time, and the sound and lights were fantastic. My main gripe, is that you don't get to see how good they are as musicians. I understand it's their "thing". It was, however, one of the only times I've ever thought I was actually watching proper genius,.

Next week sees 5 days, 3 gigs, 2 countries.
Old 23-06-2017, 03:33 PM
Make things happen

furzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
last few weeks ive seen;
kate tempest at brixton - i know shes a bit marmite, but i think shes awesome, loved it.
julien baker - bush hall - probably my favourite artist right now, absolute silence from the audience while she played, had us all in the palm of her hand.
everything everything - heaven - hottest june day since forever and jeez this was the hottest gig ive ever been too, sweat dripping off my face and running down my legs (and i was standing towards the back) - great energy and looking forward to the new album.

coming up over the next few months;
maccabees, deerhoof, sigur ros, lcd soundsystem and julien baker (again)
Old 23-06-2017, 03:36 PM

Bizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Going to Thurston Moore at the old market Hove tonight.
Old 23-06-2017, 04:02 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Maccabees @ Omeara is still in my top 3 gigs ever. Everything was perfect, from the people I was with, the venue, the setlist. Really, really superb. The Ally Pally gigs will be incredible, but almost a bit gutted Omeara isn't going to be the last time I see them.

Kraftwerk on Wednesday was quite brilliant. I think it's a gig I will remember for some time, and the sound and lights were fantastic. My main gripe, is that you don't get to see how good they are as musicians. I understand it's their "thing". It was, however, one of the only times I've ever thought I was actually watching proper genius,.

Next week sees 5 days, 3 gigs, 2 countries.
getting very excited for tonight

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 23-06-2017, 06:02 PM

Martinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Going to Turin Brakes tonight at Worthing