Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 10-07-2006, 04:41 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Hart
Without asking you to breach a confidence, that would imply their clubs have accepted our offers for both. Can you confirm that is correct?
Awaiting reply though that maybe a Quuestion too far, this sourse is highly placed at the club and don't want to piss them off and not get any future info.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Samurai Pie Master

Walrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks Orp Pisshead for the info
Old 10-07-2006, 05:01 PM

Palaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
fingers crossed

The Palace Addiction.
A fans eye view of the 09/10 season.
Available in the club shop and online store as a paperback, as well as Amazon as a paperback and ebook. 7.99 as a PB, 3.99 as an ebook.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref...x=the+palace+a
Old 10-07-2006, 05:07 PM

cliftonlad is playing for a contract
Preston would not accept just one bid - if they really wanted to let Nugent go, they would start some kind of bidding war/auction - not simply accept the first offer??

Besides id sooner spend 1m on court then risk 4-5M on Nugent.....last year of parachute payments...Id prefer us to be a little more prudent with our newly acquired funds....it will be a long time until we are ever in a position so cash rich as this...
Old 10-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
As has been said earlier in the thread while other clubs have been interested in Nugent including Prem clubs, none have been prepared to pay what we have.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:12 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
As has been said earlier in the thread while other clubs have been interested in Nugent including Prem clubs, none have been prepared to pay what we have.
Yep. I doubt any of the prem clubs who would want him, would be prepared to pay 3 odd million on a player who has never played in the prem before. The only clubs who could easily afford it would be the type of club who would be aiming far higher.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:36 PM

Palaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
Yep. I doubt any of the prem clubs who would want him, would be prepared to pay 3 odd million on a player who has never played in the prem before. The only clubs who could easily afford it would be the type of club who would be aiming far higher.
Wigan maybe? Everton if they hadn't got AJ, Pompy? Doubt anyone else

The Palace Addiction.
Available in the club shop and online store as a paperback, as well as Amazon as a paperback and ebook. 7.99 as a PB, 3.99 as an ebook.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:38 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally posted by Palaceboy222
Wigan maybe? Everton if they hadn't got AJ, Pompy? Doubt anyone else
Wigan are the worry, they seem to be trying to sign everyone and anyone at the moment.

Hopefully we are a long way down the road though and we will sign him soon. I'm not holding my breath however.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cliftonlad
Preston would not accept just one bid - if they really wanted to let Nugent go, they would start some kind of bidding war/auction - not simply accept the first offer??

Besides id sooner spend 1m on court then risk 4-5M on Nugent.....last year of parachute payments...Id prefer us to be a little more prudent with our newly acquired funds....it will be a long time until we are ever in a position so cash rich as this...
While i agree spending 4-5m on any player for a club like ours would be stupid, if we get Cort, i hope we do, i think we still need a striker in the Nugent mould, although probably not him if these prices are what it will cost us.

Morrison will be a key player IMHO,
Freedman is past it for me,
Torghelle could be an excellent player for us but he is a gamble
I would like to give Macken one more season to get fit, but i could understand why Taylor may not want to risk it

So i don't think its an either/or with Nugent/Cort

The Palace Addiction.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If this happened I would be staggered
Old 11-07-2006, 09:12 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Can't confirm whether the bids for cort or nugent have been accepted as jordan is still out of the country, only thing I can say is the source is in contact with sj rather than bd. Any how will post any news the minute I hear anything sorry folks.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
If this happened I would be staggered
Be a bit of a novelty wouldn't it??!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:26 AM
BBS addict

LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.
I would rather see us spend more and get a real quality player in who will be a great long term investment for the club, than end up with a journeyman like say Bobby Zamora. Birmingham have done it with Jerome, Nugent would be even better.

Spike Milligan
Old 11-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by smileysmith
Be a bit of a novelty wouldn't it??!
Bloody miracle
Old 11-07-2006, 11:23 AM
master of puppets

cpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weed
We can't spend above 4mil for a player who hasn't even played in the premiership. Bellamy just went for 7mil ffs.

I'd love us to sign Nugent but not not for anything over 3mil(unless that includes Macken leaving, Please God!)
Old 11-07-2006, 11:39 AM
A Most Excellent Member..

Basingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Would be one hell of a signing if it came off.I dont know why people are worried about the fee for a bloke who hasnt played in the Premiership,we are not in the Premiership !.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:46 AM

DrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happy
Quote:
Originally posted by Skid Row
Pardon my ignorance but who is this Nugent fellow and at what club does he ply his trade at present?
I assumed they meant Ted, the Detroit guitar-strangler; I was wondering if he was still going strong.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:25 PM
master of puppets

cpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weed
Quote:
Originally posted by Basingstoke Eagle
Would be one hell of a signing if it came off.I dont know why people are worried about the fee for a bloke who hasnt played in the Premiership,we are not in the Premiership !.
And how many championship clubs pay over 3million when they sign someone?
Old 11-07-2006, 12:46 PM

Number Six lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againNumber Six lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againNumber Six lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againNumber Six lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againNumber Six lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againNumber Six lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againNumber Six lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againNumber Six lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againNumber Six lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againNumber Six lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againNumber Six lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Quote:
Originally posted by cpfcinprem
We can't spend above 4mil for a player who hasn't even played in the premiership. Bellamy just went for 7mil ffs.

I'd love us to sign Nugent but not not for anything over 3mil(unless that includes Macken leaving, Please God!)
Preston should ask for 3 million cash or 4 million plus Macken.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:26 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by cpfcinprem

that was because he had a release clause in his contract for any club who came in with over 6 million, so it has no reflection on his value in a real market.