Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 19-06-2017, 01:30 PM

Frisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
Not stopping the game for substitutions or treatment of "injuries" would be a simple but effective counter to the time wasting epidemic. You could make an exception for obvious head injuries, collisions in the penalty area etc.

It would put an end to the current vogue for the 92nd minute time wasting technical substitution which sees the player about to go off receive an advance warning of his fate, sneak over to the far side of the pitch, suffer 'cramp', roll around on the floor for a bit, gingerly get up and refuse the stretcher, then slowly hobble off the pitch making what should be a 30 second break more like 2 minutes
I've suggested similar in the past on substitutions. It would mean players would run off instead of time wasting otherwise their team would be down to 10 men. A simple but very effective change imho and would save 3-5 minutes a match. The third official would ensure a side as no more that 11 on the pitch.

Not so sure on injuries but I see where you've coming from.
Old 19-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrayP41ace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrayP41ace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrayP41ace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrayP41ace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrayP41ace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrayP41ace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrayP41ace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrayP41ace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrayP41ace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrayP41ace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
It makes sense to me. But let's call it 40 per half and have a little more football. We deserve it.
I dunno, some of the shit at Selhurst in 2016 and I'd prefer they cut it to 20 minutes in total, no one deserved that
Old 19-06-2017, 01:33 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Bear View Post
Don't like the rebound idea, idea is a pen gives team who have been fouled a chance to score, as in open play, if the keeper saves there's a chance to score from the rebound.
A good way to stop encroachment would be this in my opinion:

Defender in the box = yellow card and automatic goal.
Attacker in the box = yellow card, penalty voided and indirect freekick.

Ref blows whistle as soon as white line is breached before ball kicked and the first offender is punished. Think we'd soon find players abiding the rules.
Just award a penalty goal. Player committing the foul/encroachment gets 'sin-binned' for 15 minutes. Yellow/Red cards should be restricted to fouls/serious foul play. I am a big fan of instant punishment, not to the benefit of some unconnected club at some point in the future.

None of this ever really works, though, because the powers that be wouldn't have the balls to apply the rules, e.g. Only captains to speak to the ref (thought something similar was already in place?), kick advanced 10 yards for non-compliance (tried it and dropped it ), particularly if it applied to the 'big six' as well
Old 19-06-2017, 01:57 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisky View Post

Not so sure on injuries but I see where you've coming from.
Rugby treats injuries while the game continues. Match only stopped if it looks like the play could hamper the treatment or if the injury is serious.

If the match comes to a stop with a player being treated, the treatment is finished before play continues.

If the game carried on while Ronaldo, say, did 300 rolls around at the far end of the pitch and cried like a little bitch, and his team conceded... he'd soon consider how injured he really was, wouldn't he?
Old 19-06-2017, 01:59 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Just award a penalty goal. Player committing the foul/encroachment gets 'sin-binned' for 15 minutes. Yellow/Red cards should be restricted to fouls/serious foul play. I am a big fan of instant punishment, not to the benefit of some unconnected club at some point in the future.

None of this ever really works, though, because the powers that be wouldn't have the balls to apply the rules, e.g. Only captains to speak to the ref (thought something similar was already in place?), kick advanced 10 yards for non-compliance (tried it and dropped it ), particularly if it applied to the 'big six' as well
Yes, I prefer immediate punishments over future, too. And sinbins are great, IMO.
Old 19-06-2017, 03:35 PM

pardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is here
The discussion is welcome, even if some of the ideas aren't quite my cup of tea. Some of them are great, though.

I've long wanted the time to be stopped and regulated independently of the referee, and have also thought a self-pass law (similar to hockey) might be an idea for free-kicks (in the player's own half, at least) - anything that speeds the game up and cuts down on time-wasting is to be welcomed. On a similar theme, I've long thought that injured players should be treated concurrently to the match being played, as in rugby.

If anything is approved, trials are very important. I was a big advocate of VAR or similar, but thus far the jury is still very much out. Hopefully the trialling will iron out the problems. The correct decisions are being reached, which is the ultimate aim of course, but the communication between referee and teams and fans and those watching on TV is chronically lacking at present, and something just doesn't feel quite right at the moment - there's a danger, as seen in yesterday's Confederations Cup matches, that it will suck all of the spontaneous joy and chaos out of scoring a goal.

Last edited by pardew's shorts; 19-06-2017 at 03:38 PM.