Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 29-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
Stranglers next February in Aus..
8 February Enmore Theatre Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
I've just signed up to see Blondie at Brixton in November.
65 notes a ticket!!
I saw Blondie in Sydney a couple of years ago supported by The Stranglers. It was the first time I'd seen both.

The ticket was $125, and Debbie Harry spent half the time holding the mic out for the crowd to sing. If I'd known I was spending $125 for a glorified karaoke night I wouldn't have bothered.

On the other hand The Stranglers were excellent. I wouldn't say I'm a fan, and only have Golden Brown and Always The Sun on compilations, but I was amazed by how many of their songs I knew.

Also, I keep a mental list of the best songs I've seen performed live (not whole gigs), and the way the guy performed the guitar bit in the middle of Golden Brown was just amazing (and that's coming from a synth head.)
Old 07-09-2017, 10:36 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
At On Blackheath both days with some free tickets for the weekend?

Only really interested in seeing Kate Tempest and The Libs.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:45 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'll be there Tom. Give me a shout. How did you get the freebies? I think we are the only ones who pad full whack! Also don;t forget your waitrose card. I'm actually not joking...

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 07-09-2017, 12:53 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Psychedelic Furs sold out in London and Brighton....shame.

SaulAlinsky
Old 07-09-2017, 01:35 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Freebies with work.
Taking Willow and K on Saturday. Mates on Sunday.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:45 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
6Music have a feature on gig goer's gripes; To view the link you have to Register or Login

No.1 is people filming the gig on their mobiles. 2, are ticket touts.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Soulwax @Roundhouse Fri 15th Dec on sale tomorrow 10am

nice early xmas present

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 08-09-2017, 12:47 PM
ho hum

Big Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
After the usual Ticketmaster shenanigans, I got my Liam Gallagher tickets for Belfast. Thats Liam, Charlatans and Shed Seven x 2 lined up - all the new bands!
Old 09-09-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
I'll be there Tom. Give me a shout. How did you get the freebies? I think we are the only ones who pad full whack! Also don;t forget your waitrose card. I'm actually not joking...
Do you know if there's anyone to park around there?

Think we're going to drive with Willow today (K can drive back!)
Old 11-09-2017, 07:57 AM

OnBlackheath was good fun.

Very middle class but really enjoyable.
Metronomy were the stand out on Saturday.
Libertines were superb on Sunday night. Better than I expected to be honest, considering what the festival was.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:09 AM

JackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
OnBlackheath was good fun.

Very middle class but really enjoyable.
Metronomy were the stand out on Saturday.
Libertines were superb on Sunday night. Better than I expected to be honest, considering what the festival was.
Metronomy were superb. Never listened to them much but you can't help but dance to them.
Old 14-09-2017, 03:30 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheBiscuit View Post
Metronomy were superb. Never listened to them much but you can't help but dance to them.
Agreed. The Mariachi band and Cuban Brothers were also a good laugh when it was chilly outside and seasick Steve was boring everyone.

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 14-09-2017, 03:33 PM
. . . . .- --. .-.. . ...

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Unkle tomorrow night at Jazz Cafe.
Old 15-09-2017, 11:00 AM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just got tickets for The The at Brixton Academy next June, they are also playing at the RAH but I prefer the Acadamy (cheaper tickets too). First gigs they have done for sixteen years.
Old 15-09-2017, 11:01 AM

Repo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post
Unkle tomorrow night at Jazz Cafe.
It's James Lavelle playing a Mo'Wax DJ set tonight,then a few MW artists playing live sets - the UNKLE show is at Koko at the end of this month.

Just booked to see Soulwax again at the Roundhouse in December.
Old 15-09-2017, 11:20 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Saw Christy Moore at Worthing Pavilion on Monday. He's still got it at 72.
Old 19-09-2017, 07:02 PM

OriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fella View Post
After the usual Ticketmaster shenanigans, I got my Liam Gallagher tickets for Belfast. Thats Liam, Charlatans and Shed Seven x 2 lined up - all the new bands!
I heard a rumor that Aussie band DMA's are supporting Liam. If you don't know them check them out. They are really good. Very Oasis esq

They are playing two small gigs in the UK right around Liam's tour dates. Just got tickets to see them in Heaven, Soho of all places.
Old 19-09-2017, 07:34 PM

jake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Saw the sherlocks at rock city Nottingham Saturday , brilliant as ever , also great venue and crowd . Same again Friday , heaven Charing Cross
Old 19-09-2017, 09:23 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Going to Rock City to see Sparks on Saturday.
Old 19-09-2017, 09:27 PM

jake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post
Going to Rock City to see Sparks on Saturday.
Try the pub next door before and after ( early gig curfew as place turns into a nightclub!). Had a strawberry craft beer , can't for the life of me remember it's name though !!