Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-10-2017, 08:21 AM
Marmite Lover

macs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I know. I just don't see it. I know these days squads have a lot more depth but even so, when I think of some of the players on the periphery of the 91 squad like Southgate, Osborne, Colleymore, Hodges, Bodin, Pardew...it still looks a superior squad to me.
I think in terms of a starting 11 it probably is the strongest. Personally as a squad I think the post January squad last season was the strongest I've seen. I think we miss Ledley and Campbell as squad members.

The 91 squad of that era did seem exciting but when you take a step back apart from Southgate the other players you mention wouldn't be in the first eleven now.
Old 28-10-2017, 10:27 AM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
Our squad is woeful. We have 2 or 3 decent players and a load of total dross.
Old 28-10-2017, 10:30 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
could you get a more Palace sentence?
Old 28-10-2017, 10:32 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macs-tash View Post
I think in terms of a starting 11 it probably is the strongest. Personally as a squad I think the post January squad last season was the strongest I've seen. I think we miss Ledley and Campbell as squad members.

The 91 squad of that era did seem exciting but when you take a step back apart from Southgate the other players you mention wouldn't be in the first eleven now.
Your having a laugh .
Old 28-10-2017, 11:11 AM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemorris04 View Post
Our squad is woeful. We have 2 or 3 decent players and a load of total dross.
Bursting with talent mate.
Old 28-10-2017, 12:12 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Interesting thread this.

I like to think I see it clearly. And maybe SW16 girl said it earlier, but all you have to do is view Ron's actions through the prism of a business owner always looking to seek to maximise his personal return. And then all his decisions make sense. His actions were all about what best makes money for Ron, how can he best sweat the most from his asset and how can cream off the best bits for himself.

Remember football club directors weren't allowed to pay themselves back in the day. Of course cash on the turnstile with the clicker-counter unhooked provided a solution for some. Others separated the ground from the club and charged rent, some bought the ground and training facilities for a pound and still stole cash from the gate receipts.

Anyone who doesn't realise that, just like his scum-chums-in-crime Bates and Hammamamamam, Ron was only ever involved in football to rip out as much money as he possibly could from it is being blinded by the periods of success.

And, yes we had some success some seasons on the pitch - but not many - but these seasons were luck and bi-product to what Ron was about. The success and his spin confuses some Palace fans in a way no Brentford is every confused.
Old 28-10-2017, 12:54 PM

Maidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I feel like the majority of Palace fans (my opinion) that SPis owed a debt of gratitude.

But the choice of manager at the start of the season and the farcical dimissal of him was inept.

To not fill the glaring gaps in the squad in the summer window is now coming back to haunt us.

I hope SP doesn't sit down in the next close season and realise his decisions took the club down.

If we go down I fear we will be there a while.

I do not want that for SP but the mistakes are obvious.
Old 28-10-2017, 01:04 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macs-tash View Post

Oh my word. Southgate didn't have any kind of major impact until 93/94.
Old 28-10-2017, 03:01 PM

HRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Parish if your reading this , **** off out of the club tomorrow . How many left backs have we signed and we have two right backs playing . Enjoy the game you fraud
Old 28-10-2017, 03:05 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
Parish if your reading this , **** off out of the club tomorrow . How many left backs have we signed and we have two right backs playing . Enjoy the game you fraud
You are a ****
Old 28-10-2017, 03:09 PM

Hudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If he has even a tiny bit of honour in him he'll walk. You can talk all you want about how good a job he did getting us up but since then it's been shambles after shambles and him lucking his way out of the s**t time and time again. The striker situation shows such a level of ineptitude that he can't be taken seriously as a chairman anymore. Add to that the left back and keeper situation and it's clear he is not capable of properly running a football club. Talk about the players all you want or the last 4/5 managerial appointments (let's not pretend Sam's record's anything special) but all comes down to his shocking decision making.

5 years of good work undone by 2/3 awful transfer windows. Brilliant. And despite all this he's sat f**king laughing and joking with Bright. Clueless c**t!
Old 28-10-2017, 03:11 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstone Eagle View Post
I hope SP doesn't sit down in the next close season and realise his decisions took the club down.
I agree with that on the basis I still hope we wonít go down, but if we do, he needs to sit down and look at everything objectively as to why itís happened. And most of the blame has to sit at his door - for him to come to any other conclusion, and change things accordingly, would merely lead to more of the same.
Old 28-10-2017, 03:13 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudds Eagle View Post
If he has even a tiny bit of honour in him he'll walk. You can talk all you want about how good a job he did getting us up but since then it's been shambles after shambles and him lucking his way out of the s**t time and time again. The striker situation shows such a level of ineptitude that he can't be taken seriously as a chairman anymore. Add to that the left back and keeper situation and it's clear he is not capable of properly running a football club. Talk about the players all you want or the last 4/5 managerial appointments (let's not pretend Sam's record's anything special) but all comes down to his shocking decision making.

5 years of good work undone by 2/3 awful transfer windows. Brilliant. And despite all this he's sat f**king laughing and joking with Bright. Clueless c**t!
What do you think happens if he walks
Old 28-10-2017, 03:16 PM

Hudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
What do you think happens if he walks
You would hope we get someone that at least looks like they have a plan and actually know what they're doing. Parish seems to have completely lost that.
Old 28-10-2017, 03:24 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
Oh my word. Southgate didn't have any kind of major impact until 93/94.
beg to differ 92/93 he really stepped in central midfield particularly when Skip was either injured or through lack of form and contributed at least 5/6 league/cup goals so much so he was then made captain for the following campaign.
Old 28-10-2017, 03:34 PM
Registered Snoozer

TomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Parish needs to resign as chairman and juts step back in to the role of a silent owner. We need to employ a chairman who knows what to do.
Hodgson. De Boer. Allardyce. Pardew. Warnock. Pulis. Holloway. Freedman. Burley. Hart. Warnock. Taylor. Dowie. Kember. Francis. Bruce. A. Smith. Coppell. Venables. Lombardo. Coppell. Bassett. Coppell. A. Smith. Coppell. Mullery. Kember. Gradi. Allison. Venables. Allison. Head. Graham. Rowe. G. Smith. Spiers. Scott. Dawes/Slade. Rooke. Butler. Irwin. Moyes. Bromilow. Tresadern. Mavin. Maley. Goodman. Robson.
Old 28-10-2017, 04:05 PM

nicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomEagle View Post
Parish needs to resign as chairman and juts step back in to the role of a silent owner. We need to employ a chairman who knows what to do.
and your suggestion for chairman is ......?
Old 28-10-2017, 04:09 PM
cheeks

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Simon Jordan
Old 28-10-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudds Eagle View Post
You would hope we get someone that at least looks like they have a plan and actually know what they're doing. Parish seems to have completely lost that.
How many people like that would want to buy into palace and run it with the clubs interests at heart?
Old 28-10-2017, 04:13 PM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknackpalace View Post
and your suggestion for chairman is ......?
Steve Kember