Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:52 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Croydon Council being shithouse seems to be a common factor in every attempt to develop Selhurst.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:10 PM

Kevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Croydon Council being shithouse seems to be a common factor in every attempt to develop Selhurst.
What factor is that? Doesn't there need to be plans submitted to Croydon council for them to f*** things up for us? What do you expect the council to do without seeing plans?
Old 04-11-2017, 08:22 PM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
That's true, but would we not at least have heard something in way of planning applications? And once some planning application has been put in, how long until a new stand is actually finished? A year? Two? Five?

My concern with regards to a new stand is what happens when/if we're relegated? Do all efforts go towards promotion, with stadium work cancelled?
We are not building a loft extension on your house.

Revealing your plans will weaken your bargaining position with the likes of Sainsburys.

If you have council support in principle you wouldn't need to submit the plans especially if they were supporting compulsory purchases, submitting plans would enable someone subject to a compulsory purchase to put in an injunction preventing it.

Therefore no doubt lots of work has been done behind the scenes but it's not in the clubs interest to reveal any intentions until all the various moving parts are signed
Old 04-11-2017, 09:13 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace_burger View Post
We are not building a loft extension on your house.

Revealing your plans will weaken your bargaining position with the likes of Sainsburys.

If you have council support in principle you wouldn't need to submit the plans especially if they were supporting compulsory purchases, submitting plans would enable someone subject to a compulsory purchase to put in an injunction preventing it.

Therefore no doubt lots of work has been done behind the scenes but it's not in the clubs interest to reveal any intentions until all the various moving parts are signed
Exactly, I think some supporters dont understand the need to know basis of the situation. At best all Parish will do is have fans moaning about the plans, at worst either blocked, outmanoeuvred or scuppered by other third parties.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:44 PM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm passionate about my club and desperate to see it realise it's potential both on and off the pitch.with Steve Parrish at the helm I believe we can achieve that.
I qualified as an FA coach in 1978 (quite an achievement for one considered an academic at the time as I wasn't playing professionally and in my early twenties.)
I am
a housing land and planning professional.

In answer to the comments previously.
Planning applications are in the public domain but pre planning discussion not so.
Frank Dr boer was a nightmare. No transfer strategy and an arrogant shit on the training ground.
Yes sakho was a Parrish signing so what.
SP wants a football manager that will take pressure away from him.does anyone believe he deliberately got it wrong with Frank or that he hasn't tried to buy the sainsbury ransom strip or exhaust moving to crystal palace park?

Parrish himself bangs on about legacy I don't believe it's not for the want of trying.
Keep the faith.......
We will well in the run up to Christmas

Last edited by theCoach; 04-11-2017 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:38 AM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
Sorry "Coach" i always enjoy and respect your normally well structured inputs, but as much as you try to disguise and justify the failings of CPFC of the past couple of years On and Off the pitch, there has got to be reasons for its failings.
As we know responsibility will always come down to the "commander in chief" and as Steve Parish as the decision maker a lot of the blame lays at his door, he rightly took all the plaudits when coming to our rescue, it is then only expected that when his decision making goes wrong it is he who is then answerable.
As for the shambolic FDB appointment, yes i accept we all can make mistakes but surely everybody was aware of what FdB would bring to a club and what to expect, and surely would have been discussed during his job interview? especially someone like SP who is not exactly naive in footballing matters, can you imagine him making this fatal error of judgement in his business world? and the consequences.
Unfortunately i felt he made his mind up rather hastily that he would be unable to work with him, and his methods would be wrong for the club to progress, which i can accept but after FOUR games and Not supporting him in the transfer market was always bound for failure. Also when we have have been through what is it SIX managers in FOUR years, tells its own story of poor judgements made.
As for transfers, i felt SP made the decision to sign Sakho himself mainly to pacify fans, so why not take that same decision making to sign the much needed Striker and Keeper before the window shut? especially if he was aware that he would have been sacking his manager, thus Not to leave the club in a position as we are now of being left without a striker, is beyond belief of poor decision making.
There is no questioning SP's genuine love for the club and his contributions in saving the club from oblivion, which every Palace fan will never forget and be forever grateful.
But we must also remember he is a Businessman, who fully understood the likely pitfalls when taking over in 2010 but also the possible benefits involved in owning a football club and its rewards, as we know he has not done badly financially since, that is the nature of business dealings.
I have the utmost respect for Steve Parish and like yourself am pleased to have him at the helm, but the reality is after Five seasons in the lucrative premiership has left Palace without a legacy of any note that we fans can recall. In his defence I accept he has come up against many obstacles in his Stadium plans which unfortunately is out of his control, but after all these years has there really been no alternatives? why is it these problems seem so unique to Palace.
Finally if we are honest he has made some very poor decision making of late, and it is that which could see this club suffer badly if relegated, lets all hope this does Not happen.
Good post!

My main issue with Parish is that he has continously failed to see the need to build a squad capable of competing and going forward. Our current XI is a good one but the squad is paper thin, as was the case last year too, and the year before that. At one point we had good depth but no top class players.

He needs to understand that and I've often asked myself: how hard is it to build a squad of 3 goalies, 9 defenders, 9 midfielders and 4 strikers? It is not rocket science.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:58 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
Good post!

My main issue with Parish is that he has continously failed to see the need to build a squad capable of competing and going forward. Our current XI is a good one but the squad is paper thin, as was the case last year too, and the year before that. At one point we had good depth but no top class players.

He needs to understand that and I've often asked myself: how hard is it to build a squad of 3 goalies, 9 defenders, 9 midfielders and 4 strikers? It is not rocket science.
I agree in what you say "Kai", so without going back over issues on failings we all know should not have happened and been rectified, in Not doing so is why we are where we are today.
As regards to Steve Parish, i have the utmost respect for him and his intentions for CPFC are sincere, but he is being judged by his failure to act in preventing our gradual slide over the past TWO years plus which was clear to see by many, and by that failure now sees us in a very precarious position of being relegated.
And it is that that concerns me probably along with many other genuine Palace fans if the worst was to happen, we will then see the dispersing of what is already very limited talent in the team, Zaha for sure and with very little alternatives coming through any time soon does not bode well.
Just one look today at the number of Top teams in the lower leagues struggling to find its way back up the ladder is very revealing, it also tells us should we be joining that queue on the long hard road into getting back to the Only lucrative division will be quite a task, but is so very necessary as it provides the funds so as to grow the club.
We fans can now but hope we don't fall through that trap door, as there is still time to save ourselves for sure.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:15 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Why do you feel entitled to a 'legacy' if you have been in the Premier League recently?

The only legacy I can see consistently is staying in the division or financial meltdown. There is a long list of clubs that have had money problems after a stay in the top flight and some have even fallen down to the bottom division. It seems people see the figures that are released about TV prize money and they think they deserve a piece in the form of a new ground or to feel like the club is building in other areas, where the reality to stay in this division while financially sound to ensure safety if you are relegated is a massive feat in itself.

It is really one of two options, invest in the team or the infrastructure, and we have heavily invested in the team.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:42 PM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
Good post!

The squad has been and always will be for the foreseeable future a huge problem. There is no balance between experience and youth, there is no depth or forward thinking in terms of problem positions Goalkeeper, Striker. The academy is still a major concern, there has been no one since Zaha to establish themselves in the First Team Squad. For that Parish needs to shoulder a huge proportion of the blame. We have had 5 years to get our recruitment sorted out and on this front we have failed miserably.

I am and always will be grateful for what SP has done for the club, he has been a fantastic chairman and his decisions have always been with the most genuine of intentions.

On paper we have very talented but expensive 1st 11 but after that there is not much.

If we go down we will have to start all over again as there is no way in hell that we will be able to keep any of our top players and I doubt any will want to stay.

Letís hope that we can pull ourselves out of this mess but we need to change things behind the scenes for the long term.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:10 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcpfc View Post
The squad has been and always will be for the foreseeable future a huge problem. There is no balance between experience and youth, there is no depth or forward thinking in terms of problem positions Goalkeeper, Striker. The academy is still a major concern, there has been no one since Zaha to establish themselves in the First Team Squad. For that Parish needs to shoulder a huge proportion of the blame. We have had 5 years to get our recruitment sorted out and on this front we have failed miserably.

I am and always will be grateful for what SP has done for the club, he has been a fantastic chairman and his decisions have always been with the most genuine of intentions.

On paper we have very talented but expensive 1st 11 but after that there is not much.

If we go down we will have to start all over again as there is no way in hell that we will be able to keep any of our top players and I doubt any will want to stay.

Letís hope that we can pull ourselves out of this mess but we need to change things behind the scenes for the long term.

What do you suggest?
Old 09-11-2017, 01:55 PM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcpfc View Post

Surely this is why we've brought in Dougie. Add some longer-term thinking to our squad building and planning, rather than fire-fighting each window.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:24 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
Surely this is why we've brought in Dougie. Add some longer-term thinking to our squad building and planning, rather than fire-fighting each window.
Why hadn't it been done already? Hardly rocket science is it.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:35 PM

JackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Why hadn't it been done already? Hardly rocket science is it.
Yes - no-one can answer that. Freedman had been out of work for almost 18 months, yet he gets appointed sporting director a few days before the transfer window closes.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:05 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Perhaps because previous managers were used to running things from soup to nuts whereas de Boer wasn't?
Old 09-11-2017, 06:59 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg View Post
Perhaps because previous managers were used to running things from soup to nuts whereas de Boer wasn't?
What's it got to do with managers?

Club should have had long term planning in place.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:15 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCoach View Post
I'm passionate about my club and desperate to see it realise it's potential both on and off the pitch.with Steve Parrish at the helm I believe we can achieve that.
I qualified as an FA coach in 1978 (quite an achievement for one considered an academic at the time as I wasn't playing professionally and in my early twenties.)
I am
a housing land and planning professional.

In answer to the comments previously.
Planning applications are in the public domain but pre planning discussion not so.
Frank Dr boer was a nightmare. No transfer strategy and an arrogant shit on the training ground.
Yes sakho was a Parrish signing so what.
SP wants a football manager that will take pressure away from him.does anyone believe he deliberately got it wrong with Frank or that he hasn't tried to buy the sainsbury ransom strip or exhaust moving to crystal palace park?

Parrish himself bangs on about legacy I don't believe it's not for the want of trying.
Keep the faith.......
We will well in the run up to Christmas
Let's hope so, other there will be some very difficult decisions to be made in January. This time around these don't just sit with Steve alone.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:18 PM
Safe European Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
What's it got to do with managers?

Club should have had long term planning in place.
It's got everything to do with managers.

If these guys are active in player recruitment (everyone from Burley to Allardyce) then it's presented and it's then up to the Board to agree terms. If what you have is just a coach then somebody has to be more active in recruitment. Hence DoF.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:16 AM

IanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
Surely this is why we've brought in Dougie.

To pick the players to get us back up again?
Old 10-11-2017, 11:26 AM

Eaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is here
Freedman was only bought in as a smoke screen for the De Boer cock up
Old 10-11-2017, 11:36 AM

JackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesmad123 View Post
Freedman was only bought in as a smoke screen for the De Boer cock up
spot on