Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 25-11-2017, 12:03 AM
Stroud1

minch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy in Rome View Post
There's some sad sack on FB as well (not sure if its the same guy trying to charter the plane) asking people to join him in a rousing chorus of "Parish Out" during the Everton game.

Words fail me.
Save your breath. Those of us who have supported Palace over many decades, know we are at the high water mark and who has got us there.
Old 25-11-2017, 09:00 AM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
People will deny it as they defend him to the the death, but his tweets this eve are inexcusable.
what is this latest twitter exchange? I've not seen any
Old 25-11-2017, 09:47 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
People will deny it as they defend him to the the death, but his tweets this eve are inexcusable.
I saw some of the twitter backlash and took a look. Maybe I missed something but I still don't understand why he was getting stick. It's not as if he was sitting at home making it up. He, like a lot of people in the area, thought something was happening as people panicked and repeated what he had heard/believed at that time.

A bunch of regular critics then laid into him and he responded explaining that was what he had been told and that got even more stick.

So what was so inexcusable? Was he supposed to have secured photographic/documentary evidence before posting? The police response was as per terrorist event and people were told to stay in buildings etc. People were evacuating/running away.

I really don't understand why he is getting stick for this TBH. As I say, I read the tweets available. This need to berate him for anything/everything seems a bit pathetic to me.
Old 25-11-2017, 10:00 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
The critisism I have read as been fair (I dont use twitter but just did a quick search for Parish) what purpose does anyone have but to whip up more fear and panic. People just want to prove they were there rather than help anyone. The masses have been bombarded with project fear of terrorists in the media that people will react with panic at the nearest suggestion of a terrorist attack.
Old 25-11-2017, 10:03 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
The worst by miles, and this is the case for events that weren’t actually made up bollocks like yesterday, are tossers that say stuff like ‘I was only there last week/month/year, etc’.

**** off.
Old 25-11-2017, 10:05 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I saw some of the twitter backlash and took a look. Maybe I missed something but I still don't understand why he was getting stick. It's not as if he was sitting at home making it up. He, like a lot of people in the area, thought something was happening as people panicked and repeated what he had heard/believed at that time.

A bunch of regular critics then laid into him and he responded explaining that was what he had been told and that got even more stick.

So what was so inexcusable? Was he supposed to have secured photographic/documentary evidence before posting? The police response was as per terrorist event and people were told to stay in buildings etc. People were evacuating/running away.

I really don't understand why he is getting stick for this TBH. As I say, I read the tweets available. This need to berate him for anything/everything seems a bit pathetic to me.
What was inexcusable was peddling unsubstantiated bollocks. You’ve just proved Gilesy right.
Old 25-11-2017, 10:10 AM

Bobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Regular critics - what like Heather from Brisbane???

She mullered him for poor judgement. Good on her. She was right.
Old 25-11-2017, 10:13 AM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
What was inexcusable was peddling unsubstantiated bollocks. You’ve just proved Gilesy right.
Wasn't that inevitable unless I posted - yes I agree with you Gilesy and jumped on the 'let's slag off Parish' bandwagon.

Just watching it on the BBC news and looks like a lot of people were convinced there were shots etc. Inexcusable...... ?
Old 25-11-2017, 10:15 AM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Steve 'I have an announcement to make' Parish
Old 25-11-2017, 10:26 AM
Heshlo Kitty

Quote:
Wasn't that inevitable unless I posted - yes I agree with you Gilesy and jumped on the 'let's slag off Parish' bandwagon.

Just watching it on the BBC news and looks like a lot of people were convinced there were shots etc. Inexcusable...... ?
You put ‘I don’t see what he (Parish) has done wrong’. Seriously?

Anyone else who peddled this bollocks (like Olly Murs and The Daily Mail) are also dickheads. I’m not singling Parish out, its just that, you know, he’s the chairman of CPFC.
Old 25-11-2017, 10:26 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:

He tweeted it as a fact. He stated a lorry had mounted the pavement - basically saying it had mowed into people when it hadn’t at all.

Maybe if you were in there last night, you’d appreciate that this kind of speculation was not needed. I met my Mum & 80 yr old Nan there. This kind of nonsense led to us being crushed into a shop on Regent St a whole hour after the original event because someone thought they heard something & panicked. That would’ve been because of people reading tweets like Parosh’s whipping up a storm about nothing.

Regular critics is funny also. You may find it tedious, but it’s as tedious as those who defend him about anything regardless like he’s some sort of messiah who does no wrong - it’s genuinely like some kind of cult. I have no idea what he was trying to achieve last night - it still makes zero sense to me.
Old 25-11-2017, 10:33 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Agenda driven knobheads, nothing more

It wasn't sensationalist it was the same shit the police/news etc were reporting!

Funnily enough the ring leader was a Newcastle supporting former palace employee that has a history of self righteous Twitter rants.. probably got sacked by parish for being a venomous cock
Old 25-11-2017, 10:40 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Embarrassing Palace fans attack chairman because some of their usual targets aren't playing.........
Old 25-11-2017, 10:42 AM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Not just Parish getting stick for this. People with large followings should really be more careful with what they tweet during these situations.
Old 25-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Embarrassing Palace fans attack chairman because some of their usual targets aren't playing.........
Yeah. I wish Hennessey was back in goal being shit so I didn’t have to take it out on Parish making up terrorist attacks.
Old 25-11-2017, 10:43 AM

Bryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is here
A virtual row about a virtual row.

I’m tempted to say you couldn’t make it up but obviously that would be hugely ironic as all this was.

The modern world makes zero sense.
Old 25-11-2017, 10:55 AM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good lord, we've got some self righteous pompous c*nts as fans... There's a panic as early signs are of a possible terrorist attack in Central London, Parish passes it on on his twitter and the usual twats shit the bed... Pretty pathetic frankly
Old 25-11-2017, 11:02 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Not just Parish getting stick for this. People with large followings should really be more careful with what they tweet during these situations.
Forgetting Parish specifically, isn't it dawning on the Twitter fans who are repeatedly outraged at the misinformation they post and receive in their haste to be 'the first', that the whole thing is bullshit?

Every day....*****apologises for their tweet, **** deletes their tweet... What bollocks
Old 25-11-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
He tweeted it as a fact. He stated a lorry had mounted the pavement - basically saying it had mowed into people when it hadn’t at all.

Maybe if you were in there last night, you’d appreciate that this kind of speculation was not needed. I met my Mum & 80 yr old Nan there. This kind of nonsense led to us being crushed into a shop on Regent St a whole hour after the original event because someone thought they heard something & panicked. That would’ve been because of people reading tweets like Parosh’s whipping up a storm about nothing.

Regular critics is funny also. You may find it tedious, but it’s as tedious as those who defend him about anything regardless like he’s some sort of messiah who does no wrong - it’s genuinely like some kind of cult. I have no idea what he was trying to achieve last night - it still makes zero sense to me.
To be clear , I am definitely not part of the cult but neither would I be campaigning for him to leave as I know some seem to be. Parish et al has/have made mistakes but that's a different topic.

I appreciate you taking the time to explain why you were so p****d off at the time and afterwards. It helps to understand why you personally were venting. I won't name names but I wasn't referencing you or Heather () in my comments but there were regular campaigners having a go.

I am not trying to be 'funny' but I don't think Steve Parish will have any impact on what happened to you guys. The incident was reported and armed police (terrorist response) were on site within a minute according to their (police) tweets. Again according to reports the Tannoy was instructing people to leave the station/Selfridges and other people were being told to remain in buildings. Can't believe the police had time to assimilate info from SP's tweets to make any of that happen. It arose from the original police report of gunfire in and around the station.

I think we should expect more and more of this type of panic reaction. Its not going to go away. I wish I had something more positive to end on but TBH I think it will get worse as they (terrorist groups) realise they can create the chaos without the personal risk.

Aha - positive thought - 3 points today - should keep me going until 3:05 pm at least
Old 25-11-2017, 11:18 AM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:
To be clear , I am definitely not part of the cult but neither would I be campaigning for him to leave as I know some seem to be. Parish et al has/have made mistakes but that's a different topic.

I appreciate you taking the time to explain why you were so p****d off at the time and afterwards. It helps to understand why you personally were venting. I won't name names but I wasn't referencing you or Heather () in my comments but there were regular campaigners having a go.

I am not trying to be 'funny' but I don't think Steve Parish will have any impact on what happened to you guys. The incident was reported and armed police (terrorist response) were on site within a minute according to their (police) tweets. Again according to reports the Tannoy was instructing people to leave the station/Selfridges and other people were being told to remain in buildings. Can't believe the police had time to assimilate info from SP's tweets to make any of that happen. It arose from the original police report of gunfire in and around the station.

I think we should expect more and more of this type of panic reaction. Its not going to go away. I wish I had something more positive to end on but TBH I think it will get worse as they (terrorist groups) realise they can create the chaos without the personal risk.

Aha - positive thought - 3 points today - should keep me going until 3:05 pm at least
We most definitely agree on your last point. Fingers are well & truly crossed.