Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Goals is a place where blokes meet up after work to play 5aside. It is not a facility that a Premier League football club should be using to bring through it's junior players.
Have you been there? They have their own private perfectly manicured pitches. Ideally it wouldn't be near to the public facilities but it is literally over the road from the Palace senior team facilities. We know they are trying to find a new space. We also know they agreed to buy HSBC's ground before HSBC changed their mind. Maybe it simply hasn't been possible to find a suitable site yet despite best efforts?

As an aside, when I lived in Durham, Newcastle used to share their changing rooms with the students and had adjacent training facilities. The players not training would be in the gym alongside the students. I don't remember the same (any) fan outcry over this.
Old 15-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
That's because Durham's facilities are (I imagine) very good. They have a professional cricket club on the same site, no?

I've not been to that specific Goals, but I've been to another. I'm not saying it's shit, but it is certainly not what I would expect of a Premier League club. If it was for a season or two as a temporary measure, fair enough... But this doesn't appear to be temporary any longer.
Old 15-01-2018, 05:03 PM

Selhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Somebody clearly hasn't brought their wonderful children to the haven of tranquillity known as Gambardos.
Old 15-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
It's shit.
Old 15-01-2018, 08:04 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
5 years in the Premier League, still in relegation battles every year and the academy and stadium neglected.

If you had said to me 5 years ago you’ll go down after one season but come back 4 years later with tier 1 academy facilities and a new stand, I would have taken it. Instead we’ve watched the club spunk 30 million and 100k a week on players like Benteke.
Old 15-01-2018, 08:10 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
By the way the new set up in the Lower Holmesdale for drink and food is very good it may be a small thing but credit to whoever changed it you can now get served in good time for a half time or pre match drink/pie.
Old 15-01-2018, 08:14 PM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemorris04 View Post
5 years in the Premier League, still in relegation battles every year and the academy and stadium neglected.

If you had said to me 5 years ago you’ll go down after one season but come back 4 years later with tier 1 academy facilities and a new stand, I would have taken it. Instead we’ve watched the club spunk 30 million and 100k a week on players like Benteke.
You sound like a right bundle of laughs...

10/11 teams this year are in a relegation battle, including teams who have been in the Prem much longer than us. It will happen to us every year unless we get bought by a billionaire.

There is no way we'd have a new stand if we were in the Championship, so your alternative scenario is pointless. Not sure about whether we could achieve tier one academy status if we haven't got the Prem money to pay for it, but I agree that I would have liked to see us kick on with the academy while we've been in the Prem. Saying that it looks like we've got two very talented academy squads (under 23s and 18s).

This new stand (if approved) will be Parish's legacy. It will take our club to the next level, but will only work if we stay in the Prem, so the way the league is going we will have to continue 'spunking' huge amount of players to keep up with the rest. Benteke is improving and he'll start scoring again - you don't become a bad player overnight and he proved his worth last season.

I'd say 5 successive Prem years with players like Cabaye, Wilf, Luka, Sakho, Loftus-Cheek, Tomkins playing for us, an absolutely brilliant manager in Hodgson, reaching an FA Cup Final and some very memorable matches in that time is quite good for us. But people will always moan.

Last edited by mb23; 15-01-2018 at 08:16 PM.
Old 15-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Gigi

Leap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I'm afraid life doesn't work like that
Old 15-01-2018, 08:31 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Give us a club that has a successful model?
Old 15-01-2018, 08:35 PM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
While I accept that some things are far from perfect, there is some heavy delusion flying around here. Only Windsor Eagle seems to have properly considered his position. Every aspect of the club has moved forward in the last seven years and it's still moving forwards.

- The training ground has had a lot of important work done to it, which we mostly don't see, but the players benefit from it. Same with the backroom team: new physios, doctors, analysts. Granted, the scouting network needs work.

- The stadium is much better and the new stand is in the pipeline. Selhurst looked so, so much worse when CPFC2010 arrived. There's not a lot more they could do without burning money on needless short-term investments.

- Compare the starting squad after promotion with the starting line-up at Burnley, even with an injury crisis. We've picked up Townsend, Cabaye, Luka, Tomkins and Reidewald for around £10m each. That's good, sensible business, paying the going rate for known quality.

- We've beaten City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and more. We've bloodied the noses of big, arrogant clubs, who hate coming to Selhurst. All done with a distinctive style, hitting teams on the counter with pace and power. At its best, we've seen some fantastic football.

- The academy may not have a permanent base, but we know the club are working for a solution. The cost and scarcity of land in south London is not the fault of CPFC2010. And, as it happens, both the U18s and U23s are top of their respective leagues. So maybe roughing it for a while isn't such a bad thing for these lads?

- Harris may not be popular, but he provides the club and CPFC2010 with a much-needed financial safety net. Bringing in the Americans was a risk by Parish, but it's paid off as plans for the stand move ahead. That would have been impossible without extra investment.

- We might be in a relegation battle, but every team outside the top 6 is in a relegation battle. That's the nature of Premier League football. You can't wish that away, you have to fight.

People have been talking about a long-term plan or a legacy. Show me a team, other than Man City, who are effectively working to a long-term plan. Chelsea? No. Arsenal? No. United? No. Southampton? Yes - their long-term plan is to sell all their best players. No thanks.

Faced by challenges, some people shrink and whine. The owners inherited an absolute mess of a club, but they have always found solutions, always found money to spend.

If you can't see how far we've come, appreciate what the owners have done and enjoy it for what it is, you've lost your grip on reality and need to find a new hobby.
Old 15-01-2018, 08:38 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

If you said to me that I'd lose my job tomorrow but on the way home I bump into a gaggle of fit models who offer me a job working with them closely everyday and they are quite partial to sharing me around sexually before the work with them paid dividends as I sauntered into a better job than I was sacked from, I'd take it.
Old 15-01-2018, 08:39 PM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
It feels like the club is run like it’s a couple of blokes off the Internet.
Dave, this is quite revealing.

Maybe if you spent less time with blokes off the internet, you would have a healthier point of reference.
Old 15-01-2018, 08:43 PM
Gigi

Leap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
If you said to me that I'd lose my job tomorrow but on the way home I bump into a gaggle of fit models who offer me a job working with them closely everyday and they are quite partial to sharing me around sexually before the work with them paid dividends as I sauntered into a better job than I was sacked from, I'd take it.
lol eloquently put! Have some rep
Old 15-01-2018, 09:00 PM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb23 View Post

10/11 teams this year are in a relegation battle, including teams who have been in the Prem much longer than us. It will happen to us every year unless we get bought by a billionaire.

There is no way we'd have a new stand if we were in the Championship, so your alternative scenario is pointless. Not sure about whether we could achieve tier one academy status if we haven't got the Prem money to pay for it, but I agree that I would have liked to see us kick on with the academy while we've been in the Prem. Saying that it looks like we've got two very talented academy squads (under 23s and 18s).

This new stand (if approved) will be Parish's legacy. It will take our club to the next level, but will only work if we stay in the Prem, so the way the league is going we will have to continue 'spunking' huge amount of players to keep up with the rest. Benteke is improving and he'll start scoring again - you don't become a bad player overnight and he proved his worth last season.

I'd say 5 successive Prem years with players like Cabaye, Wilf, Luka, Sakho, Loftus-Cheek, Tomkins playing for us, an absolutely brilliant manager in Hodgson, reaching an FA Cup Final and some very memorable matches in that time is quite good for us. But people will always moan.
This
Old 15-01-2018, 09:07 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Getting appropriate sites for grounds/training facilities is no walk in the park. If you want to build for the long-term, you can't afford to fck things up, and that is without even getting as far a design proposals and Planning Permission(s) and getting a handle on costs.
I'm not a fan of Parish's approach to transfer dealings, or his changeable approach to Managers. It always seems to smack of Crisis--Management.
However, he is doing the right thing in concentrating on preserving Palace's Premiership status (and the Wonga that brings), and The Board and Consultants should be able to sort a bestest solution for the training ground and new stadium in the meantime.

But it won't be quick
Old 15-01-2018, 09:08 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:

I can never understand why anyone would accept relegation in the hope we will get back in X number of years. Barring the spell in the 90s where we went up and down a couple of times, every relegation has led to a lengthy spell in the 2nd tier. We are currently so far ahead of clubs we would previously compared ourselves to such as Ipswich/Sheff Utd/Norwich etc, and relegation and we would soon be back where we started. It has always been obvious to me at least, that stadium redevelopment and academy facilities are a long game. I would rather be where we are now thanks.
Old 15-01-2018, 09:09 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:

Look at Leeds, Forest Derby and now Villa.

Bigger clubs with better stadiums, facilities and more history than us yet they're f*cked.

We're punching way above our weight and doing a pretty good job of it.
Old 15-01-2018, 09:12 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
The point is that there is no point in being in the Premiership just for the sake of it, we need something tangible to show for it and we currently have nothing. Our time in the top flight will not last forever and currently we would go down and have no academy and the same dilapidated Old stadium.
Old 15-01-2018, 09:12 PM

lucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Arthur View Post
Give us a club that has a successful model?
Swansea ......oh hang no ......
Southampton......oh erm aah....mmm
Stoke .....oh shit
Man City ...there you go
Old 15-01-2018, 09:13 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb23 View Post

99% THIS! And the only reason it loses the 1% is because he didn't mention benteke in the list of players