Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-03-2018, 12:05 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaEagle View Post
One of few players that can really make things happen running with the ball from midfield. With RLC, Zaha and Townsend we are so much more threatening as teams can't just focus on stifling one area.
Had we bought a decent AM anytime in the last few years, we'd be nowhere near the relegation zone every effing season. But we won't learn and spunk money on every outfield position apart from the one most associated with the final ball. And here we are again. We've won and lost matches both with and without most of our best players this season. The glaring exception is Zaha, without whom we can't buy a point. Thank God he's back because Townsend is hit-and-miss and the midfield are still basically water-carriers for wingers.

The club seems to like being in the perennial position of relying entirely on our wingers to win us matches because they refuse to do anything meaningful about it. If we go down, it could be argued that the utterly pointless run of games when we were without Wilf and had only our midfield to create goal chances, was the biggest factor in our demise.
Old 17-03-2018, 06:27 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Had we bought a decent AM anytime in the last few years, we'd be nowhere near the relegation zone every effing season. But we won't learn and spunk money on every outfield position apart from the one most associated with the final ball. And here we are again. We've won and lost matches both with and without most of our best players this season. The glaring exception is Zaha, without whom we can't buy a point. Thank God he's back because Townsend is hit-and-miss and the midfield are still basically water-carriers for wingers.

The club seems to like being in the perennial position of relying entirely on our wingers to win us matches because they refuse to do anything meaningful about it. If we go down, it could be argued that the utterly pointless run of games when we were without Wilf and had only our midfield to create goal chances, was the biggest factor in our demise.
Spot on.
Old 17-03-2018, 06:32 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket View Post
He is vastly overrated IMHO
Certainly haven't missed him as much as some like to think, but then again most of the time he's been wide and not central. But certainly a player that doesn't seem to live up to all the hype about him.
Old 17-03-2018, 06:55 AM

Uncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A decent ball player who gives us more attacking options.

I would play in behind CB with Wilf and Andros wide.

The reason we were sh1t at the beginning of the season was because of the absurd 3 At the back.

Whether RLC is overrated, time will tell but certainly he would never have got anywhere near the England side if he was our player
Old 17-03-2018, 07:02 AM
Stick with Dowie. Oh dear

Wright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Unbelievable talent and if fit is one of the first names in the team for me. Is inexperienced so is inconsistent, but him and wilf are our game changers.
Old 17-03-2018, 07:11 AM

Uncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Must play 4-5-1 against Huddersfield and RLC should get in that formation.

RH does like a 4-4-2 with Wilf up top and RLC wide which is fine when we are in the ascendency.

Personally, I would go with the formerly and overpower their midfield. If you look at our potential 5, it is pretty strong and we have a chance.
Old 21-03-2018, 03:00 PM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Tweet showing on the Phsyio Room website today:-

Loftus-Cheek still hopeful of going to the World Cup: "The ankle is feeling much better. It was a scary moment for me, but it's really good now. I am happy to be back training. I am fit to play and hopefully I can use this international break to build up my fitness." #CPFC
"Thatís the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 21-03-2018, 03:09 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikie Punisher View Post
Tweet showing on the Phsyio Room website today:-

Loftus-Cheek still hopeful of going to the World Cup: "The ankle is feeling much better. It was a scary moment for me, but it's really good now. I am happy to be back training. I am fit to play and hopefully I can use this international break to build up my fitness." #CPFC
Thats just pulled from an interview he did at Bentekes bespoke suits launch. There's a picture of the two of them all suited and booted.
Old 21-03-2018, 03:14 PM

Palace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Thats just pulled from an interview he did at Bentekes bespoke suits launch. There's a picture of the two of them all suited and booted.
Benteke has a line of suits? I take it the cuffs are sewn shut since Benteke doesn't need the feet.
Old 21-03-2018, 03:47 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
On one hand a good thing that he feels he can make the world cup - might play out of his skin for us! On the other he might try to do too much and be too selfish, having a negative affect.
Old 21-03-2018, 05:01 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
On one hand a good thing that he feels he can make the world cup - might play out of his skin for us! On the other he might try to do too much and be too selfish, having a negative affect.
If he's selfish with the ball that'll mean he's carrying it a long way up the pitch making space for Wilf and Andros which actually makes us more threatening so it's fine.

I really would like us to sign him. But the only way I see that happening is if Chelsea bin Conte, a new manager comes in and signs several expensive midfielders and he gets pissed off with never making the match day squad.
Old 21-03-2018, 06:43 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He barely justifies getting in our team let alone England.
He's a tidy player but needs to show more and make the most of his assets.
Old 21-03-2018, 07:19 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
World Cup? Why would he even think that's a possibility?
Old 21-03-2018, 09:11 PM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post

I got the impression both with AP with his last summer transfer window, and with FdB, the club were trying to changes things, but made a hash of it twice. In fact Cabaye may also have been that attempt, but he seems to have been more defensively minded than I expected
Old 21-03-2018, 09:23 PM

carter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
Because England have such a poor choice of centre mids to choose from. If Eric Dier can play centre mid for England so can Loftus-Cheek
Old 21-03-2018, 09:36 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post

He had one good game for England didnít he?
Old 21-03-2018, 09:41 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Because England have such a poor choice of centre mids to choose from. If Eric Dier can play centre mid for England so can Loftus-Cheek
Dier is a decent CDM, but RLC any day over Livermore.
Old 21-03-2018, 10:09 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bin View Post
I got the impression both with AP with his last summer transfer window, and with FdB, the club were trying to changes things, but made a hash of it twice. In fact Cabaye may also have been that attempt, but he seems to have been more defensively minded than I expected
The club doggedly pursued Benteke and Sakho before pulling out the cheque book. Nothing like that effort or investment has ever been evident ( perhaps behind the scenes but not on the face of it ) in terms of finding an AM. I also think Cabaye was meant to add a decent final ball but we rarely try to hit the striker with a through ball so he is mainly passing to the wings since we are wing-centric in approach. He's been a disappointment to me anyway in terms of impact vs expectation.

Pardew's attempt to 'transition' to playing better football was cosmetic since all the passing the ball about still left no one able to make a killer, final ball and it normally got worked to the wingers in the end. Same for FDB's short reign, where we actually did a good job of getting the ball to the final third in a controlled manner but, again, had Jason Puncheon as our 'creative' outlet. I, too, thought FDB was about us changing both the style and culture of the club and that at least two technically accomplished midfielders would come in on a permanent deal. However, we spent what we had on another CB and, once again, the final ball wasn't there from midfield. Just like under Pardew, all the knocking the ball around in midfield did was increase the chances of us giving it away and conceding, especially with three at the back. ( who, to be fair, were also were not cut out for that style of play )

If we stay up, we at least will avoid losing our Premier League status but will have missed what I consider the biggest opportunity to revolutionize the culture and status of our club in a lifetime. I believed we would eventually establish a 'brand' of football that began with youth development and would be instilled through to the first team. Short of the dishonorable route of becoming a billionaire plaything, it's the only likely way we will ever establish ourselves in the top division, IMHO. But we refused to bring in the technically gifted midfielders required and instead rented a Chelski sick note, as talented as RLC is, when he is fit.

I hope I'm wrong but I fear this season could go down in history as when we might have turned the corner as a club and blew it. I happened to bump into Steve Parish on BAFTA night and just wish I had had time to ask him why we ever took on FDB and his vision only to implement it with the same midfielders who have created so little goal opportunities over the last three years. I've veered slightly off the topic thread I know, but this season has been the biggest disappointment I've seen in 47 years and we haven't even gone down yet.

Last edited by SOUTHGATE EAGLE; 21-03-2018 at 10:27 PM.
Old 21-03-2018, 10:39 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
The former methinks.
Old 21-03-2018, 10:41 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post

...and star again as he did against Germany.