Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 21-03-2018, 10:43 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
The club doggedly pursued Benteke and Sakho before pulling out the cheque book. Nothing like that effort or investment has ever been evident ( perhaps behind the scenes but not on the face of it ) in terms of finding an AM. I also think Cabaye was meant to add a decent final ball but we rarely try to hit the striker with a through ball so he is mainly passing to the wings since we are wing-centric in approach. He's been a disappointment to me anyway in terms of impact vs expectation.

Pardew's attempt to 'transition' to playing better football was cosmetic since all the passing the ball about still left no one able to make a killer, final ball and it normally got worked to the wingers in the end. Same for FDB's short reign, where we actually did a good job of getting the ball to the final third in a controlled manner but, again, had Jason Puncheon as our 'creative' outlet. I, too, thought FDB was about us changing both the style and culture of the club and that at least two technically accomplished midfielders would come in on a permanent deal. However, we spent what we had on another CB and, once again, the final ball wasn't there from midfield. Just like under Pardew, all the knocking the ball around in midfield did was increase the chances of us giving it away and conceding, especially with three at the back. ( who, to be fair, were also were not cut out for that style of play )

If we stay up, we at least will avoid losing our Premier League status but will have missed what I consider the biggest opportunity to revolutionize the culture and status of our club in a lifetime. I believed we would eventually establish a 'brand' of football that began with youth development and would be instilled through to the first team. Short of the dishonorable route of becoming a billionaire plaything, it's the only likely way we will ever establish ourselves in the top division, IMHO. But we refused to bring in the technically gifted midfielders required and instead rented a Chelski sick note, as talented as RLC is, when he is fit.

I hope I'm wrong but I fear this season could go down in history as when we might have turned the corner as a club and blew it. I happened to bump into Steve Parish on BAFTA night and just wish I had had time to ask him why we ever took on FDB and his vision only to implement it with the same midfielders who have created so little goal opportunities over the last three years. I've veered slightly off the topic thread I know, but this season has been the biggest disappointment I've seen in 47 years and we haven't even gone down yet.

Nor will we.
Old 21-03-2018, 11:21 PM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
He had one good game for England didnít he?
Yes, hopefully he can consistently re-produce that until the end of the season, injury permitting. It would be some effort getting himself in the England frame, but if he's willing to try that has to be good for us.
"Thatís the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 21-03-2018, 11:37 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikie Punisher View Post
Yes, hopefully he can consistently re-produce that until the end of the season, injury permitting. It would be some effort getting himself in the England frame, but if he's willing to try that has to be good for us.

England are so lacking a creative midfielder that he has a chance of getting in the squad. So letís hope he busts a gut and can get on the scoresheet a few times.
Old 22-03-2018, 05:54 AM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Getting a good AM should be top priority but it's not as simple as that. Our problem is the lack of movement around the ball when going forward. If we are to utilise a good AM he actually needs someone to pass it to...
Old 22-03-2018, 07:33 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
A new attacking central midfielder and a striker who can move would be very high up my list.
Old 22-03-2018, 07:58 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
I like RLC but I’m not sure a player in his mould is what we need. More of a Tadic, Siggurdsson type player that can split a defence with a pass, the type SOUTHGATE EAGLE alludes to in all his posts.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 22-03-2018 at 08:04 AM.
Old 22-03-2018, 08:41 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
He’s a crock
Old 22-03-2018, 09:37 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Arthur View Post
He barely justifies getting in our team let alone England.
He's a tidy player but needs to show more and make the most of his assets.
Absolutely.
Old 22-03-2018, 09:47 AM

IanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Where we are playing at home against bottom half teams who sit back I would play him at the front of a midfield 3 with Luca and Cabaye behind him. Think that would be his most effective position. For all other games, I see him as a sub as he doesnít work hard enough when we havenít got the ball.
Old 22-03-2018, 09:48 AM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
World Cup? Why would he even think that's a possibility?
Southgate said he would've been in the squad if he was fit. If he stays fit and plays for the remainder of the season I think he'll make the squad. England were very impressed with him vs Germany. (Was it Germany or Brazil?)
Old 22-03-2018, 09:57 AM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Heís a crock
This, we must not spend anything more than £10m if we do want to make him a perm signing, then pay him on a pay as you play type deal that Arsenal are offering Wilshere

If Newcastle drop go for Shelvey, or scout a decent European player in similar mould, without the nutter tendencies obviously!
Old 22-03-2018, 10:10 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
If he's selfish with the ball that'll mean he's carrying it a long way up the pitch making space for Wilf and Andros which actually makes us more threatening so it's fine.

I really would like us to sign him. But the only way I see that happening is if Chelsea bin Conte, a new manager comes in and signs several expensive midfielders and he gets pissed off with never making the match day squad.
Not necessarily, he might just keep the ball too long and lose it!
Old 22-03-2018, 10:32 AM
one love

AJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
This, we must not spend anything more than £10m if we do want to make him a perm signing, then pay him on a pay as you play type deal that Arsenal are offering Wilshere
What an attractive deal for a 22 year old lad to sign
Old 22-03-2018, 11:03 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post

If Newcastle drop go for Shelvey, or scout a decent European player in similar mould, without the nutter tendencies obviously!
No chance we would get him for anything like £10m. He is worth a lot more than that. Would love to sign him, especially as Cabaye is most likely off. But I doubt it will happen.
Old 22-03-2018, 11:11 AM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
No chance we would get him for anything like £10m. He is worth a lot more than that. Would love to sign him, especially as Cabaye is most likely off. But I doubt it will happen.
I agree, but to spend much more than that on a hugely injury prone player is crazy and I just pray we have learnt our lessons with such signings
Old 22-03-2018, 11:13 AM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I would hope we stay well clear - pointless paying high fees for players who appear to miss lots of games due to injuries . RLC had only played about 20 odd games prior to coming to us - way too much of a risk .
Old 22-03-2018, 11:13 AM

GB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Arthur View Post
He barely justifies getting in our team let alone England.
He's a tidy player but needs to show more and make the most of his assets.
The problem is, is that he has been played out of position all season. He's not a wide left player, he's a central midfielder. When he played there for England he looked very very good against Germany. I would love to see a midfield of:

----------Luka-----Cabaye---------
Townsend------RLC---------Zaha
Old 22-03-2018, 11:14 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Another 1 year loan deal would do me. Even a 2 year deal for £6-8m for example. Try and see him at his best but ultimately not sure we could afford to spend the £20m+ on someone who, whilst they are a good player and have potential, has such a bad injury record and will not score you more than 5 goals from attacking midfield all season.
Old 22-03-2018, 11:15 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
The problem is, is that he has been played out of position all season. He's not a wide left player, he's a central midfielder. When he played there for England he looked very very good against Germany. I would love to see a midfield of:

----------Luka-----Cabaye---------
Townsend------RLC---------Zaha
As much as i love Cabaye, Jimmy offers a lot more in midfield than he does now.
Old 22-03-2018, 11:45 AM

dilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Unless can secure for a bargain (we wont chelsea are very astute at selling players) have to move on this summer.

Talented individual but has chronic injury problems.