Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: As of 05/02/17 who should be first choice Goalkeeper
1 Julian Speroni 311 26.22%
13 wayne Hennessey 178 15.01%
30 Steve Mandanda 561 47.30%
Another 136 11.47%
Voters: 1186. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 02:50 AM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
I absolutely adore and love Jules, but please let him hang it up while the memories are good.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:10 AM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Let's let our number 1 keeper of the last decade finish the season. We aren't being pulled into the relegation scrap just yet and should not be making any big changes. He will be kicking himself after tonight and making sure it doesn't happen against QPR now. Hennessey's time will be next season.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 04-03-2015, 04:13 AM
Top Banana

BUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBUNGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
Let's let our number 1 keeper of the last decade finish the season. We aren't being pulled into the relegation scrap just yet and should not be making any big changes. He will be kicking himself after tonight and making sure it doesn't happen against QPR now. Hennessey's time will be next season.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:26 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Has anyone posted yet about how shite Danns tackle was or how it may have been due to being tired as no fresh legs had come on while Southampton had made all 3 subs I think ?
Old 04-03-2015, 05:27 AM

FromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Mistakes every game, poor length to kicks. Time is up surely now.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:34 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
It looks like Speroni blocked the first shot with his legs and Danns tackle.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzhiyi View Post
One might argue that Jules is single-handedly keeping us in the relegation race. Point dropped against Everton, point dropped against Arsenal, point dropped tonight all via the same basic mistake: spilling the ball to an opposition striker in the centre of the goal. Liverpool's winner in the cup was identical too.

Same costly mistake, four times, in the last six games. And there were a couple of similar harum-scarum incidents at Leicester too. He's a club legend and always shall remain so. But in the here and now, it plainly isn't good enough.
Nothing to do with playing most the season with strikers that couldn't score in a brothel ?
Old 04-03-2015, 05:43 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
The group idiots who so aggressively defend Jules will be the first ones to have a dig at Wayne should he ever play, you wait and see.

I remember last season Timbo I think it was said Hennessey should have saved that Fulham top corner goal and that was about 6 foot out of his huge reach!
You wont read this, you turd, because you allegedly have me on ignore, but I have never criticized Hennessy, just supported JS, unlike you!!
Old 04-03-2015, 05:49 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He's had dozens of pops at me and Ive usually been polite and not got personal, for all the shit he's given me Im well due of digs back.
LOL

You silly old prick!

I cant help but smile
Old 04-03-2015, 07:19 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Completely understand your pov. But let's not wait to get in a relegation battle with a keeper who tbf is totally inconsistent. Yes he will be kicking himself for about the eighth or ninth time this season. Why wait till next year to find out if Hennessey is good enough and then realise he's not possibly. It's time for a change in goal sadly but as we're developing into a stronger club, the performances of the players needs to be at a higher standard.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:37 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
I am with those that think we should see the season out with Jules, I am also of the view that this is his last season as the number one choice. He is more likely to be on top form after tonight its how he is he put his hand up in the dressing room and it will hurt. There were others out there last night who had far worse personal performances.
Last night alone shows that other keepers in the League are just as bad Foster drops a simple cross from Bolasie inches away from Zaha gets away with it for instance.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:12 AM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
He has been making the same mistake for a while and its not going to change any time soon.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:23 AM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is here
There is always a risk at any time in making an unenforced change to the team. The risks in changing the keeper would be huge as the keeper affects the whole defence. With 10 games to go and our position, though serious but not critical, I'd stick with Speroni for now and hope there are no more unfortunate spills.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:34 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
Has anyone posted yet about how shite Danns tackle was or how it may have been due to being tired as no fresh legs had come on while Southampton had made all 3 subs I think ?
Probably not, blame culture always likes to point the finger at one player, never looks at the bigger picture.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:37 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Looking at the goal, I think blame goes squarely on Dann's poor tackle, it left Jules exposed.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
I said it a long time ago. Keepers that play until they're 40 are not the greatest shot stoppers in the world even when they were in their prime.

When a goalkeepers reactions begin to worsen, they quickly drop in quality.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:54 AM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Probably not because this is a thread about Speroni and why he keeps making the same mistake, he is probably going to do the same against QPR if he starts and concede another similar goal
Old 04-03-2015, 08:57 AM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Nothing to do with playing most the season with strikers that couldn't score in a brothel ?

Another contributing factor, certainly. And the argument isn't at black-and-white as I painted it for simplicity's sake. But this thread is about Hennessey vs Speroni, and the number of chances missed by our forwards on any given week is of little relevance to who should start in goal for us. Even amid the wins under Pardew Jules has been making basic, troubling mistakes. Hence the justified calls for him to be rested, at least.

http://tinyurl.com/yx6v6y9f
Old 04-03-2015, 09:07 AM
Nothing to see here.

Arron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
Looking at the goal, I think blame goes squarely on Dann's poor tackle, it left Jules exposed.
To a weak shot that was hit straight at him.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:10 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron View Post
To a weak shot that was hit straight at him.
People literally will find any excuse they can.