Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: As of 05/02/17 who should be first choice Goalkeeper
1 Julian Speroni 311 26.22%
13 wayne Hennessey 178 15.01%
30 Steve Mandanda 561 47.30%
Another 136 11.47%
Voters: 1186. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 22-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
I'm not saying he throws himself down before he shoots – as, of course, Welbeck then just dinks it into an empty net – but at the instant he shoots to make the goal as big as possible. I can assure you this is basic goalkeeping.

http://tinyurl.com/yx6v6y9f
Old 22-02-2015, 04:28 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
It seems to be the trend for goalies to not catch the ball anymore. Did anyone else notice Jules yesterday tip one over the bar that was completely harmless. A gentle lob toward him - all he had to do was jump six inches in the air to catch it. He wasn't even being challenged. Luckily the ref gave us a goal kick anyway.
Old 22-02-2015, 04:29 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglefoz View Post
The bloke shot from 2maybe 3yards away yet he should have caught the ball, your a comedian.
2 or 3 yards, you need new glasses, he was 2 yards outside the six yard box, no reason he couldnt have caught it
Old 22-02-2015, 04:29 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzhiyi View Post
I'm not saying he throws himself down before he shoots – as, of course, Welbeck then just dinks it into an empty net – but at the instant he shoots to make the goal as big as possible. I can assure you this is basic goalkeeping.
I trust Speroni's judgement over yours.

Where else can the ball go? He had to get a decent contact on it otherwise he just helps it into the net.

It was shit defending.
Old 22-02-2015, 04:30 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
I repeat, what did he do wrong?

Yes, he has made plenty of saves this year that has kept us in games. I am sorry they have not been spectacular enough for you, however, if he did make one, you would put it down to one for the cameras I suspect.
So you cant recall one then
Old 22-02-2015, 04:32 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
2 or 3 yards, you need new glasses, he was 2 yards outside the six yard box, no reason he couldnt have caught it
Looking at Benz's attachment Welbeck is no more than a yard outside the 6 yard box
Old 22-02-2015, 04:33 PM

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
No, all experts agree that a keeper should stay upright till the last possible moment ons 1-1's. This is what he did and he saved the shot, which whilst not a hard shot, was not the pea roller you are making out, and was shot from 2-3 yards at most.
Solid, good save IMO
Funnily enough I happen to know a thing or two on keeping.
Old 22-02-2015, 04:34 PM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
If the coaching staff thought Hennessey was better than Speroni, they would play him. I thought he was disappointing down at St. Mary's and the omission against Liverpool says a lot. He wasn't getiing in a League 1 team when we bought him. And being a Welsh international doesn't count for much. I suspect Speroni will be our No 2 next season but not sure the No 1 will be Hennessey.
Old 22-02-2015, 04:35 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
No, all experts agree that a keeper should stay upright till the last possible moment ons 1-1's. This is what he did and he saved the shot, which whilst not a hard shot, was not the pea roller you are making out, and was shot from 2-3 yards at most.
Solid, good save IMO
Funnily enough I happen to know a thing or two on keeping.
So do I, and he should have caught it. You are letting sentiment get in the way I am afraid.
Old 22-02-2015, 04:37 PM

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
How about the one from lallana last week. Google Speroni saves 2015 and it comes up as a headline.
Old 22-02-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Now tell me what he done wrong,
Old 22-02-2015, 04:41 PM
Zuffenhausen

Quote:
Now tell me what he done wrong,
Gifted a goal yesterday, in my and plenty of others opinion

You dont agree, thats your prerogative, but hes done the same thing 4 times in the last half dozen games and cost us 3 goals
Old 22-02-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
So do I, and he should have caught it. You are letting sentiment get in the way I am afraid.
My opinion is different to yours, does not mean I letting sentiment get in the way of it, it means it is different to yours.
It is a strongly held opinion based on years of being a keeper and then a keeper coach.
I could just as easily say you are joining a bandwagon on here and letting your opinion be biased by that.
Old 22-02-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Gifted a goal yesterday, in my and plenty of others opinion

You dont agree, thats your prerogative, but hes done the same thing 4 times in the last half dozen games and cost us 3 goals
And quite a few others on here that dont agree with you.
Old 22-02-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
Looking at Benz's attachment Welbeck is no more than a yard outside the 6 yard box
And jules has advanced to narrow the angle.
Old 22-02-2015, 04:51 PM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We should get Sczezny from Arsenal.
Old 22-02-2015, 04:54 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
And jules has advanced to narrow the angle.
Indeed, probably about 3 yards between them, maybe 4 at a push
Old 22-02-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Btw the week before he made 5 saves and kept a clean sheet against Leicester, and in doing so made a significant contribution to us getting 3 points, not me saying that, look at the bits that come up when you google Speroni saves 2015.
Old 22-02-2015, 05:09 PM

I also googled Speroni mistakes 2015, 1 thing came up from Hol referring to a mistake made at Newcastle away.
2 nd in the list was the famous one in 2004.
Lots to back up the anti jules brigade there then.
Don't get me wrong, nothing against giving WH a chance, but please slate jules for something he has done wrong, not something he did right,
Old 22-02-2015, 05:48 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is here
Quote:
Posted this on the rating thread earlier, but it's as relevant here…

'Suggest you rematch. He goes down in instalments. Only one place Welbeck can put it in order to score – across the goal – so he has to anticipate this and spread himself that way the instant the shot comes in. And, simply, doesn't. Instead, he drops to has knees and sticks his palms out in a rather limp manner, when he should be using his entire body to block the goal as best he can.

Just taken a pic to illustrate this: he should be filling the screen here, enabling his full torso to smother the ball, not flopping straight downwards with a wrist stuck out.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

It was struck exactly where expected, with no great power. I'd expect most keepers at this level to a. get down to the shot faster and b. hold onto it.'
Bit late for Christmas cards to still be up! Should have come down a lot earlier and then this comment would have been prevented. Poor anticipation.