Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 30-08-2018, 10:07 AM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Watford Away Update

Apologies for the delay, but it has been a somewhat hectic week so far.

The optimism of Palace fans was palpable when going though the predictions, with so many being positive in going for a win. Sadly, dreams were broken, not for the first time. Not many of us scored points for either the result or score.

Those who get one point for predicting the correct result are:
Worksop Palace
Palacebear
Marksf
IanH
hilairehair
Wopper403

Those with three points for the correct score:
Lords Eagle
Ian Hart
hihi
Laurie
Selhurst300
Of these, Laurie and Selhurst300 also got a point for predicting that Wilf would score (well, it is more likely than a Benteke goal).

On to the attendance, with an attendance point going to:
sydnsteve
rudis flatop
N
EddieEdwards
EastBerksEagle
Langers

Of these, Langers was the nearest with a prediction that was out by only 5 and so gets the three points for being the nearest.

An attendance bonus point was secured by:
wrightchipvcfc
sylvan eagle
Steamy
sl6 Eagle
RobertCPFC
Twin of Droy

Top scorers this week are:
Langers with 4
Laurie with 4
Selhurst300 with 5

Table to follow
Old 30-08-2018, 10:28 AM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
On to the table. As expected, as it is early in the season, there can be significant movements and this week is no different.

Laurie takes over at the top. There are strong moves up the table for Ian Hart, Lords Eagle, Selhurst300, hihi and Langers.

The annual intercontinental battle between Ian Hart and hughff has started, with the former in 4th and the latter in 12th. I can reveal an email from Ian Hart to hughff this week that said the following. "Looking forward to seeing the league table after the last TWO predictions are included. Wish I could see your face when they are ✌ 😀"

Also for interest, we have two West Oxfordshire Eagles in the top twenty: Langers and Selhurst300.

Keep those predictions coming and Come on you Palace.
Attached Images
File Type: png Watford Away 18-19.png (424.8 KB, 47 views)
Old 30-08-2018, 10:39 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Well done Selhurst300.

May I ask though why the current ball gazing champ (yours truly) doesn't get the red squiggle added to my name?
Old 30-08-2018, 10:42 AM
Nuclear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
Well done Selhurst300.

May I ask though why the current ball gazing champ (yours truly) doesn't get the red squiggle added to my name?
Purely an oversight in the rush to get the tables out. Apologies.
Old 30-08-2018, 11:47 AM

Dj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDj 784 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Also with squiggles, I should have one for past winner and one for past runner up, I think I have the wrong ones at the moment

Member of the Jordan Mutch fan club.
Old 30-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Nuclear Member

Perhaps we have some history revisionists amongst those running the Crystal Ball.
Old 30-08-2018, 02:17 PM
89 pts and EPL ready HAHA

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst300 View Post
Perhaps we have some history revisionists amongst those running the Crystal Ball.
or more likely those now running the BBS did not realise the squiggles meant anything as the colours were more important.
At some point in the future I may put in the correct squiggly bits against peoples names as well as the colours...

More than likely when I next update the table after Southampton, assuming Little Fozzie gets Swansea result done asap.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:00 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Swansea Update

Owing to the rule change which removes extra time from the league cup, there are now only bonus points up for grabs for saying who wins on penalties if it's a draw.

There were 5 players tied at the top of scoring for this week, all winning 4 points.

Correctly predicting 1-0 and Sorloth to score were Ian Hart, RobertCPFC, and Selhurst300.

There were 2 best guesses at the attendance (in fact they were the only attendance points won this week), and they were from Maidstonecpfc, and rambo1. They both get 2 extra points for being closest.

Full scorers below;

Ian Hart # # Ψ 4 score, Sorloth
Maidstonecpfc 4 result, 9200 (-78) closest
rambo1 4 result, 9200 (-78) closest
RobertCPFC 4 score, Sorloth
Selhurst300 Ψ 4 score, Sorloth
hughff 3 1 score
cpfc@eastbourne Ψ 3 score
AddoWolz 1 result
CriticalEagle 1 result
Dj 784 # Ψ 1 result
Eaglefoz 1 result
EastBerksEagle 1 result
Flappy Chicken # 1 result
Glazier56 1 result
JAS78 1 result
kark 1 result
Palestinian 1 result
philsick Ψ 1 result
RazorsEdge 1 result
rhiannapaul 1 result
Ruskin Old Boy # 1 result
Seanee Pawnee 1 result
selhurst_bbsh 1 result
sl6 Eagle 1 result
Stigma 1 result
Surrey Eagle 1 result
sydnsteve 1 result
sylvan eagle 1 result
Wopper403 1 result
wrightchipvcfc 1 result

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 02-09-2018, 01:24 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
123 on the table

Two former champions now lead the way. Ian Hart tops the table, courtesy of a bonus point, which puts him ahead of Selhurst300 in 2nd place.

RobertCPFC is behind in 3rd, and then there is a 5 way tie for 4th, including EastBerksEagle, Laurie, Maidstonecpfc, rambo1, and Stigma.

hughff and Palestinian round out the top 10.

Full table below.
Attached Images
File Type: png Crystal Ball 18-19 - Swansea Lg Cup.png (140.2 KB, 57 views)

FWL Honours:

Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 02-09-2018, 01:25 PM

I think I've added the correct symbols to the people who needed it

FWL Honours:

Old 03-09-2018, 07:18 AM
Nuclear Member

Thanks for the update.
My time near the top will not last: my prediction for Saturday's game was for a draw.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:11 AM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst300 View Post
Thanks for the update.
My time near the top will not last: my prediction for Saturday's game was for a draw.
Ditto. And your draw was closer than my prediction!
Old 03-09-2018, 11:57 AM
Pilot of the storm

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fozzie View Post
I think I've added the correct symbols to the people who needed it
I believe I should have a "current Crystal Ball runner up" symbol in addition to my two "former Crystal Ball runner up" symbols. I also believe Dj 784 should be stripped of his "current Crystal Ball runner up" symbol as it's MINE, ALL MINE!
Old 05-09-2018, 08:15 PM
I am a BAD MAN

RazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is here
At least I am off the mark and not sitting on duck....
Old 06-09-2018, 11:57 AM

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Crystal Palace 0 Southampton 2 (Ings, Hojberg)

Attendance 25495

Not surprisingly considering how optimistic we all were at the start of the season, only 2 people predicted the correct score of 0-2, Malarkey also predicting Ings as a scorer and getting a bonus point for being 1-200 (+139) of attendance. Scoring 4 points and a bonus point.

Robson came in second also predicting Ings as a scorer and scoring 4 points

Our eternal optimist Rambo1 manged to be closest to attendance (+5) and gets rewarded with 3 points

Both scoring 1 point and a bonus point for correct result and between 1-200 of attendance were Wrightchipcpfc (+155) and Worksop Palace (+143)

Scoring 1 point for the right result were;
MarkSF
Seanee Pawnee
IanH
LordsEagle
Laurie
Hector
WLYWLYAWYPWF
DaveMorris04
Desperado
Eaglejez (predicted two Southampton winning scores do downgraded from correct score to correct result)

Scoring 1 point for being within 100 of attendance were

SL6 Eagle +55
Crofty +18
RobertCPFC +68
Far East Eagle -41
Kai -36
Exiled Stirling -95

Scoring a bonus point for being within 1-200 of attendance were;
PemboExpress -139
Steamy -153
MaidstoneCPFC -195
Surrey Eagle +118
Razors Edge +183
Bungalow -119
Selhurst_BBSH -172
Shipp Ahoy! -169

I shall amend the table tomorrow.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:04 PM

Sorry, have not updated the table yet. As I am now in Poland for my son's wedding till Tuesday next week, I will do it the minute I get back.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:23 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglefoz View Post
Sorry, have not updated the table yet. As I am now in Poland for my son's wedding till Tuesday next week, I will do it the minute I get back.
Bloody lame excuse

enjoy the wedding
Old 15-09-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Bloody lame excuse

enjoy the wedding
Still managed to get my prediction in 1 hour and ten minutes before kick off - mTch and wedding that is.
Old 15-09-2018, 02:54 PM
I am a BAD MAN

RazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglefoz View Post
Still managed to get my prediction in 1 hour and ten minutes before kick off - mTch and wedding that is.
I put my prediction in too on me wedding day.....Sad I know, but football comes first, or something like that
Old 18-09-2018, 02:29 PM

Southampton home 2018-19

Updated table finally attached below.

Rambo 1 in the lead
Attached Images
File Type: png Southampton home 2018-19.png (181.6 KB, 38 views)