Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-09-2017, 08:10 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I am
Congratulations on your podgelessness.

What is your method ?
Old 19-09-2017, 08:13 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
got stuck behind a cyclist for 5 miles at the weekend. Fecker was riding on a country road, with a bus behind, followed by a long line of cars (including me).
The cnt could have glanced over his shoulder and pulled over for a minute to let the bus get past.
But no, the selfish b'stard keeps going, and inconveniences a shed-load of people.
We get this loads in t'country. I've noticed that a lot of tractor drivers are now looking to pull over momentarily where they can, to enable traffic building up behind them to pass, but do the entitled cyclists ? Do they buffalo ...
Old 19-09-2017, 08:59 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
got stuck behind a cyclist for 5 miles at the weekend. Fecker was riding on a country road, with a bus behind, followed by a long line of cars (including me).
The cnt could have glanced over his shoulder and pulled over for a minute to let the bus get past.
But no, the selfish b'stard keeps going, and inconveniences a shed-load of people.

I once explained my experience of the UK's aggressive cyclists to a taxi-driver in Tobago, who remarked,..."I ain't never seen no car lying in a hospital bed, crying with pain"
You are lucky.

They are usually two-abreast in the lanes around New Addington and seem to revel in the fact they are pissing people off, complete with offensive hand gestures, the arrogant c*nts, while proudly displaying the logo of their cycling club on their fluorescent lycra. Maybe if there was ever some comeback for their actions they would be more considerate, but if I had had a different father I might have been 6'2".
Old 19-09-2017, 09:37 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Congratulations on your podgelessness.

What is your method ?
Less booze.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 19-09-2017, 09:39 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
We get this loads in t'country. I've noticed that a lot of tractor drivers are now looking to pull over momentarily where they can, to enable traffic building up behind them to pass, but do the entitled cyclists ? Do they buffalo ...
Whilst doing my HGV licence a lot of the lessons were around country roads and we were told that, should we notice several cars tailing behind us, we should pull over, as soon as convenient, to allow them to pass.

Old 19-09-2017, 09:49 AM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Any cyclist that has done a lot of road cycling will have come across a deliberate act of aggression out of nothing. I just do not understand it, before I cycled I never felt the same, or if I did I couldn't imagine using my car as a tool to bully or worse. I can pretty much identify when it was just a bad decision or when it was clearly deliberate. It doesn't happen that often where it scares the shit of me but I have had a few where it has, both accidental and deliberate. The deliberate are unforgiveable.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-09-2017, 09:50 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
They're taking back control. You should support them.
Old 19-09-2017, 10:05 AM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
Quote:
Whilst doing my HGV licence a lot of the lessons were around country roads and we were told that, should we notice several cars tailing behind us, we should pull over, as soon as convenient, to allow them to pass.
... and after you've given a friendly wave to the passing drivers, it is important to interact with the fluffy bunnies and playful country mice that make our jobs such a joy.
Old 19-09-2017, 10:09 AM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I went to Yosemite in the summer and noticed that there are road signs in California telling big vehicles to pull over if they're causing a backlog. Makes sense to me.
Old 19-09-2017, 10:12 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
Any cyclist that has done a lot of road cycling will have come across a deliberate act of aggression out of nothing. I just do not understand it, before I cycled I never felt the same, or if I did I couldn't imagine using my car as a tool to bully or worse. I can pretty much identify when it was just a bad decision or when it was clearly deliberate. It doesn't happen that often where it scares the shit of me but I have had a few where it has, both accidental and deliberate. The deliberate are unforgiveable.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
It would help if the majority of cyclists were not *****.
Old 19-09-2017, 10:28 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
We all know that has nothing to do with it, unless their very presence on the road defines being a ****.
Old 19-09-2017, 11:00 AM
Lurker

sirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
Yes, they should be careful and considerate like BMW drivers.
Old 19-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant with mouse gyp View Post
... and after you've given a friendly wave to the passing drivers, it is important to interact with the fluffy bunnies and playful country mice that make our jobs such a joy.

Old 19-09-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadford4th View Post
I went to Yosemite in the summer and noticed that there are road signs in California telling big vehicles to pull over if they're causing a backlog. Makes sense to me.
As did I - and I discovered that, in the good ol' US of A, even slower cars tend to pull over to let faster ones through.

Hope you didn't suffer the same satnav experience we did - taking us up a mountain pass that rapidly deteriorated into a mountain track (despite being indicated as a road on the satnav) and went on for 15 miles over a mountain range, with precipitous drops on one side, before eventually depositing us back on the Highway, right next to the lodge we were staying at. Luckily, I had hired a 4x4, but my children did comment afterwards that it had felt a little like a Top Gear episode ! Recounting the adventure to a local a couple of days later, she told me that the locals never follow satnav instructions around Yosemite. I couldn't help but feel that, in the country that warns purchasers that a cup of coffee might be hot, some form of warning from the car hire company might have been helpful ...
Old 19-09-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Less booze.
Good for you. I drink less these days, but it doesn't seem to be benefitting my waistline. The old "Canada" smock can be a little snug these days ...

Podgeness abounds. (Did you see what I tried (but failed) to do there ... ?)

Last edited by Richard; 19-09-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Old 19-09-2017, 12:50 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
Good for you. I drink less these days, but it doesn't seem to be benefitting my waistline. The old "Canada" smock can be a little snug these days ...
Eat less too. I stopped drinking in the week, also stopped drinking pints of vodka and Sprite at the weekend.

Old 19-09-2017, 01:02 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Podgeness abounds. (Did you see what I tried (but failed) to do there ... ?)
Try getting out for a cycle JAT
Old 19-09-2017, 01:13 PM

adman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Serious question.

I am a man of a larger frame- 6'5 and around 20 stone. What model would be able to ride without wrecking it. I guess the obvious thing to do is put wider tyres on to stop pinch punctures.

Likely to be commuting between 50-100 miles a week on the thing.

Budget 500-750
Old 19-09-2017, 01:20 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman50 View Post
Serious question.

I am a man of a larger frame- 6'5 and around 20 stone. What model would be able to ride without wrecking it. I guess the obvious thing to do is put wider tyres on to stop pinch punctures.

Budget 500-750
Get a Honda C90

Old 19-09-2017, 01:20 PM

palacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by adman50 View Post
Serious question.

Budget 500-750
xerion 5000