Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 19-01-2018, 08:50 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Did you watch the stream of the Palace U21 (or similar age group) match last week?

You could hear one of the Palace coaches appealing for decisions and moaning at the ref all the time. Not a great role model in that regard and I expect it was counter productive as the officials probably just tuned him out.
That’s changed. I had a mate who worked at the Academy a few years ago, so I went along to the odd U16 or U18 game with him back then. Palace coaches virtually never moaned at the ref and you would only ever hear them shout instructions at Palace players. I asked my mate about the coaches not having a go at the ref after an obvious mistake, and he said there was a policy within the club that the coaches should not shout at the ref.

It’s disappointing to hear that this has possibly changed. I remember going to one of the games against West Ham and their coach was a complete prick, moaning throughout and put them in a bad light imo.
Old 19-01-2018, 10:34 AM
former Palace Guard

viking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
I'll concede the point on offsides and sending off the wrong person but with the caveat that the latter is a very rare occurrence. Your last sentence confirms to me that in respect of subjective views on penalty decisions, I can't see why it is needed. You only have to look at the discussions about last night's penalty calls to see that VAR does nothing to clarify such decisions.
So you've agreed VAR is good for offsides and mistaken identity although you've included an odd caveat that it's a rare occurance for the latter. I'd suggest it's about getting the correct decision so the caveat is irrelevant.

On the subjective penalty decisions, if we want more wrong decisions to be right in a game and if the basis of VAR is to get more decisions right - which it is - then just overturning one wrong decision in a season means it is needed to help get that decision ultimately right.

VAR will not clarify all decisions to the satisfaction of everybody as everybody will not agree on every decision all of the time anyway, but it will clarify some to the extent that it changes the on field ref's original decision.

Turning to Willian dive, having now looked at it from a new angle, I'd say he didn't dive but I can see why neither the ref nor VAR gave the penalty. But if VAR wasn't there, the decision would still have been the same. The answer is to make VAR better, not get rid.
Old 19-01-2018, 10:44 AM
former Palace Guard

viking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
Bit concerned about your 2nd paragraph. Wilf as far as i am aware doesnt go down without any contact so thats a mute point. Howveasy he goes down when there is is debatable. It should also be noted that he is often impeded clipped and kicked where he doesn't go down. Noted such an occasion on Saturday he was obstructed clipped and had his shirt pulled before ref gave free kick for trip
I think my point still stands because I think I remember Wilf going down in anticipation of a dangerous tackle. I think it's unfair on the striker to have to at best hurdle the mistimed challenge or instead take a direct hit but it's caused by refs not giving penalties for careless tackles or attempts to trip.
Old 27-01-2018, 08:51 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Bump. This doesn't seem to take into account the impact on people who actually go to games, does it?

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 27-01-2018, 08:53 PM

M3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not at all. It's ruining the game for those that pay to go to watch it.
Old 27-01-2018, 09:18 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
I would rather get rid of all of the cameras and rely on the refs and clubs to encourage their players to be sporting th.
Old 27-01-2018, 09:26 PM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
All thats been shown to the world tonight is that Bobby Madley is incapable of making a decision which I think us Palace fans already knew.
Old 27-01-2018, 09:46 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
The concept to support VAR is that millions have a netter view than the ref because of the TV feed.

So we have VAR. A fraction of the coverage that TV viewers have an in a van a long way away. How does this achieve anything?

The concept is sound. The execution is a joke. Whoever dreamed up the plan is a ****wit.
Old 27-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Nail on head from Danny Baker:

Old 27-01-2018, 10:23 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
It also makes it harder to judge when the game will finish - what about if you have a train to catch for example

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 27-01-2018, 10:29 PM
Gigi

Leap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Each team should get 2 appeals per game, only when they appeal should it go to VAR
Old 27-01-2018, 10:30 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
It's all wank, no happy ending.
Old 27-01-2018, 10:47 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I'm not a fan. We're told that the ref will make a rectangle sign, but half the time he just holds his finger to his earpiece.

If they insist on bringing this in permanently, then in my opinion it is time to trust the fans to be allowed to see the replays of the incidents in question on the big screen(s). As it is, the paying fans in the stadium are getting a massively inferior experience to the tv viewer at home
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 27-01-2018, 11:20 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
I was told the finger to the ear is the official sign
Old 27-01-2018, 11:56 PM
former Palace Guard

They just need to make VAR better by having the big screens show the incidents at games and have the ref/VAR talk through the incident so everyone can hear it. It's appalling that the very people who pay to be at the game have no idea why the decision was changed, or not, whereas everyone else does.

The decisions made are the right ones - it's just the way they're communicated that needs to be changed, and sufficient time to be added on.
Old 28-01-2018, 12:04 AM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I just don't understand where this has come from. No-one was clamouring for it, there was none of the usual witless sarcasm from Mark Lawrenson about it, none of the ref bores had heard of it - then it just happens.

I just don't get it. What's wrong with the law of averages?
Old 28-01-2018, 12:27 AM
Semi retired idiot

penguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking's no1 View Post
They just need to make VAR better by having the big screens show the incidents at games and have the ref/VAR talk through the incident so everyone can hear it. It's appalling that the very people who pay to be at the game have no idea why the decision was changed, or not, whereas everyone else does.

The decisions made are the right ones - it's just the way they're communicated that needs to be changed, and sufficient time to be added on.
Spot on. VAR enabled 3 correct decisions today, and if used in all the FA Cup games would have reversed 3 or 4 more. But changes to the system must be made.

The pitchside screen is a time wasting nonsense. The on field referee must accept that a decision by his VAR colleague with the benefit of slowmo and replays has far more relevance than his own opinion formed in real time.

The fans in the stadium should be able to watch exactly what the VAR referee is looking at, and be informed of the reasons behind his decision.

Instead of frustration among the fans not knowing what was going on, the whole procedure would be a piece of theatre adding to the emotion rather than destroying it. Much the same as the DRS system does in cricket.

Last edited by penguin7; 28-01-2018 at 12:33 AM. Reason: .
Old 28-01-2018, 12:43 AM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
I just don't understand where this has come from. No-one was clamouring for it, there was none of the usual witless sarcasm from Mark Lawrenson about it, none of the ref bores had heard of it - then it just happens.

I just don't get it. What's wrong with the law of averages?
There is a point to it . How many times have we been on wrong end of blatantly wrong decisions in our history. The Freddie Sears goal at Bristol city. The goal v Terry Venabes Leeds in a cup tie. The numerous pens we should have had v Norwich in 2004. I think it was 2004....ended 3 3. The problem is that it is not utilised properly. If it is not clear cut then refs decision should be accepted and it should be shown in stadium. I also think it should be down to appeals by manager and limited to 2 each half and if appeal successful kept. I think if a player claims he has been hit in face ref should review and if proven to be lying he should be sent off for attempting to deceive official
Old 28-01-2018, 03:26 AM

OneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
There is a point to it . How many times have we been on wrong end of blatantly wrong decisions in our history. The Freddie Sears goal at Bristol city. The goal v Terry Venabes Leeds in a cup tie. The numerous pens we should have had v Norwich in 2004. I think it was 2004....ended 3 3. The problem is that it is not utilised properly. If it is not clear cut then refs decision should be accepted and it should be shown in stadium. I also think it should be down to appeals by manager and limited to 2 each half and if appeal successful kept. I think if a player claims he has been hit in face ref should review and if proven to be lying he should be sent off for attempting to deceive official
Two of your three examples would not be dealt with by VAR so pretty pointless argument. In regards to the pens, what about the Tommy Black dive against wallsall. It's swings and roundabouts. The time delay in yesterday game killed the emotion for the rest of the first half.
Old 28-01-2018, 04:02 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
I simply cannot understand how anyone can be against VAR. There is literally no sensible reason to oppose it. It is vastly superior to the ref guessing and getting it wrong. It adds no more time than an injury break.

I assume it' simply inertia and ignorance to knock VAR. For example, OneSize is completely wrong in that all the instances Lomardo's hair indicated were VAR eligible as each was goal or penalty related. And despite what Salad_Burnet thinks, there is no law of averages balancing things out, especially in cup games when you get knocked out with a single mistake. That's something people say because it seems to make sense but in reality it is a logical fallacy.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King