Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 04-10-2014, 08:44 AM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
I would wholeheartedly recommend Pitt Cue's book.

Good shout!
Old 04-10-2014, 08:48 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkoid View Post
Have you got both mate?
Nope, agonised for ages, but went with the weber. Either are fine choices.

But ultimately I want a standalone pizza oven. So didn't need the extra versatility the egg provides, so no point paying the premium. Also I got a steal on the smokey mountain in the end. Got the largest one out there for £350 rather than £500 and they threw in a ton of extras as well as they had just brought it to the UK and had an intro offer thing going on.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 04-10-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:50 AM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Could do with a temp probe that you can read through an app on the I phone! Lol
Old 04-10-2014, 08:51 AM

Have to admit mate the egg was rather pricey... Gulp
Old 04-10-2014, 08:52 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Once I had kitted out what I wanted it came in at around two grand. But that was with a custom built bench and all sorts.

So for what would have ended up as a stand alone smoker, it was a bit excessive.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 04-10-2014 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:33 AM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
<finger hovering over neg rep button>
Yeah, thought so. I'll close the door on my way out.

To be fair I do want to get a gas grill with a smoker box and thermometer...
Old 04-10-2014, 10:44 AM

Get a charcoal mate.. Much cheaper and flavoursome
Old 04-10-2014, 01:45 PM

Have hit the stall period with the brisket!

This is where the temp sticks at 70oc for hours!
Old 05-10-2014, 09:49 AM

Need to try that again.... A little dry.

A friend provided the meat and it was possibly cut a bit thin.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:59 PM

Got the Pitt cue cookbook today... I concur it's bloody brilliant
Old 05-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Best cold or hot smoker I have ever experienced was made by a mate from his outdoor toilet! We used to smoke all sorts of stuff. If it walked, swam, flew or crawled, provided it passed Grays Theory, we smoked it. Surprisingly rabbit and squirrel smoked really well but the highlight was lobster, prawns and other shellfish including the ecological destroyer known as signal crayfish.

The best charcoal I have ever used was from coppiced hazel burnt in a pot kiln by a couple of old boys on land I leased in Horam, Sussex many years ago. They had been working the same woods all their lives and I was more than happy to allow them to continue. We agreed a rent of two sacks of charcoal p.a. and it was amazing stuff.

Thinking about it they are probably long gone now.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:04 PM

Don't think I can cold smoke on my egg.... Don't you need Seperate smoke source?

Reckon I could pipe it in the top vent of the egg though

Did you cold smoke rabbit blind?
Old 05-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
I was about to ask if you could cold smoke with the Egg.

Personally I prefer hot smoke for rabbit but you can cold smoke for flavour for a couple of hours and then transfer the meat to an oven to cook. It all seemed a bit of a faf for little extra return and you need to allow for the fact it's very lean meat. Top tip is, when hot smoking rabbit, bung a chicken on the top rack and its fat and juices will baste the meat and keep your rabbit from drying out during the smoking.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:05 AM

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Proper grill bar marks from my egg last night
Old 28-10-2014, 08:44 PM

Ribs ordered for my first attempt at smoking in my egg sat
Old 28-10-2014, 08:49 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cook over wood not charcoal. Applewood or Cherry. Nice.

Good excuse to fire the chainsaw up
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 28-10-2014, 09:27 PM

Single batch sycamore lump wood. Apple chips for smoke
Old 28-10-2014, 10:39 PM
Dis-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkoid View Post
Single batch sycamore lump wood. Apple chips for smoke
WTF is 'single batch sycamore lumpwood' when it's at home Monkoid?

I've been selling various smoking mixes, including some really odd but interesting German blends, for over ten years and its a new one on me (obviously not sycamore nor lumpwood, the other bit!)

On a serious note, personally I find sycamore has too much flame for the heat it offers.
Old 28-10-2014, 10:55 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
May be it's 'hand cut'. I've a cherry plum tree blown over in the winds that I'm looking forward to using.
Old 28-10-2014, 11:00 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
I've had some, washed down with some cheeky 2014 triple-smoked paraffin.