Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:13 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by croydonexile View Post
Didn't the owners put in £7m last year to cover loss?

The accounts soon to be in the public domain will clear this up.

The point is the club should be self sufficient and not reliant on ownership propping up the club with their own money. So the logical step is selling players to fund new ones.
Any money the directors put in would be in the form of loans to either fund player purchases or for cashflow purposes. Nothing to do with covering a loss.

I think Burnley was the only club that didn't have any bank debt or directors loans.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)

Last edited by dave_who_ru; 12-06-2018 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:38 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul skinback View Post
I did an interview with Parish on Hol Radio a good while back and he himself said that wages for the 1st team, U23's and to run the training ground were over £100m. That was without everyone else that needed paying from a very large staff running CPFC.

I believe we still owe Liverpool money from the Benteke/Sakho deals. If you factor in bonuses for staying in the PL, the figure will rise anything between 5-10% per year, much the same as in built wages for players.
SP has a history of highlighting the wage bill and suggesting we are the only club operating within the rules. However, at the end of the day it is down to the club whether they put in place a sensible wage structure or not.

If we are over £100m then it is likely that our wages as a percentage of turnover is the highest in the league, and by a long way.

I'm not worried about owing money for player purchases as invariably these are paid in instalments.

Old 12-06-2018, 04:04 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul skinback View Post
I did an interview with Parish on Hol Radio a good while back and he himself said that wages for the 1st team, U23's and to run the training ground were over £100m. That was without everyone else that needed paying from a very large staff running CPFC.

I believe we still owe Liverpool money from the Benteke/Sakho deals. If you factor in bonuses for staying in the PL, the figure will rise anything between 5-10% per year, much the same as in built wages for players.
We will see what the latest accounts say but for 2016 it was £81m.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
By way of comparison the wages at West Ham increased from £85m to £95m last year (2017 accounts). If we are over £100m that would be shocking.

Old 13-06-2018, 03:10 PM

paul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Hopefully the podcast is still on Acast so you could listen to it although you might have to contact someone at Hol Radio to get the exact one (definitely the 2/last time Parish was on the show.

There's only 2 Dougie Freedmans
Old 13-06-2018, 03:25 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
It would be foolish to sell a first team player, particularly one as reliable as Andros. We need to improve the quality of the squad.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/will-swain
Old 13-06-2018, 06:43 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
All this stuff I'm reading about the wage bill is worrying but it should probably go in the Parish or accounts thread - definitely newsworthy.

I think we should keep AT and maybe he can get his attacking mojo back (he's been ok tbf), unless we get a really good offer.
Old 13-06-2018, 08:24 PM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glɑzier View Post
All this stuff I'm reading about the wage bill is worrying but it should probably go in the Parish or accounts thread - definitely newsworthy.

I think we should keep AT and maybe he can get his attacking mojo back (he's been ok tbf), unless we get a really good offer.
We've had an offer.
Old 13-06-2018, 08:42 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by croydonexile View Post
We've had an offer.
Thought he would be off this Summer tbh. Newcastle were very keen on him and all the Leicester rumours just came out of nowhere which makes it seem like someone knew something.

Personally, if we are offered £20m+ we could take it and find a replacement. We couldn't replace Zaha.

If Bolasie was available for £15m I would bring him back.
Old 13-06-2018, 10:22 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
[QUOTE=CPFC.1990;14291461]Thought he would be off this Summer tbh. Newcastle were very keen on him and all the Leicester rumours just came out of nowhere which makes it seem like someone knew something.

Personally, if we are offered £20m+ we could take it and find a replacement. We couldn't replace Zaha.

If Bolasie was available for £15m I would bring him back.[/QUOTE]

Sorry no, he's not the player he was following injury.
Old 13-06-2018, 10:24 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
Thought he would be off this Summer tbh. Newcastle were very keen on him and all the Leicester rumours just came out of nowhere which makes it seem like someone knew something.

Why would you sign a bloke who’s nearly 30 coming off a serious knee injury that kept him out for over a year, has since looked pony and lacking the pace that made him what he was, all after pushing to leave us for more money.

Nah, I loved Yala when he was here, but that isn’t one we should look to get back
Old 13-06-2018, 10:33 PM
your best is an idiot!

Leopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is here
Quote:

Out of nowhere? They were linked with him in January and last August. Multiple national newspapers and football websites ran with the story.
Old 13-06-2018, 10:49 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch View Post
Out of nowhere? They were linked with him in January and last August. Multiple national newspapers and football websites ran with the story.
I mean that a concrete bid has been made.
Old 14-06-2018, 07:33 AM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would consider selling Townsend but only if we have replacement lined up. Our squad is too thin to be selling off anyone unless we have players ready to take their place
Old 14-06-2018, 08:36 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
I mean that a concrete bid has been made.
Has it?
Old 14-06-2018, 08:38 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
if we sold him it would signal we don't know what we are doing
Old 14-06-2018, 08:43 AM
That's a paddling

Jasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
It depends who we replace him with and how much we get for him.
Old 14-06-2018, 08:49 AM

alf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
Entirely agree. He has finally bought into the 'Palace way' of playing football and appears to be enjoying himself. He always puts in a 100% effort which seems to bypass some people just because he isn't scoring goals. I'm sure he would like to contribute more goals and will no doubt work harder in this area next season.

We definitely need to keep him and bring in another player that can fit into the team to give him and Wilf a bit of a rest/breather from time to time.
Old 14-06-2018, 08:58 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alf View Post
Entirely agree. He has finally bought into the 'Palace way' of playing football and appears to be enjoying himself. He always puts in a 100% effort which seems to bypass some people just because he isn't scoring goals. I'm sure he would like to contribute more goals and will no doubt work harder in this area next season.

We definitely need to keep him and bring in another player that can fit into the team to give him and Wilf a bit of a rest/breather from time to time.
Exactly. We need a good matchday 11 AND a squad. We should be adding to the players that did well last season not selling them. That's a small club mentality what we want to really get to is 22 quality players in every position with a few that can play in multiple areas. How are we ever supposed to do that if we sell the good players??

Benteke should get at least half the season to see if he's adapted to Roy's tactics after a full pre-season and can then get back to what he used to do regularly for all but one season of his professional UK career. If not and we are still scoring once or twice a match without him and Conner/Alex can do the other teamplay stuff Roy has got him doing then we sell then. There will be plenty of teams desperate for a striker

We need four players. As long as Yo, Sako, Jules and Joel stay.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 14-06-2018 at 09:03 AM.
Old 14-06-2018, 09:02 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Dear god, we find it difficult enough to fill the gaps we have already, let alone creating new ones. AT was the one consistent element when others were injured or off form. Has hit his stride with us just at the right time in his career (27/28?) . I can see him getting a few goals next seasons and upping the assist rate.